The wire (1 Viewer)

chevlr

HSC
Does anyone else think that the wire is by far the best tv show ever made? After watching the first four seasons all other tv shows seem crap to me.

chevlr

HSC
Obama's favourite tv show.
yeh, and his favourite character is omar - 'it's all in the game yo, you have a briefcase, i have a shotgun' - that was so good when he said that to the lawyer in the courtroom, it's the best writing ever.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
yeh, and his favourite character is omar - 'it's all in the game yo, you have a briefcase, i have a shotgun' - that was so good when he said that to the lawyer in the courtroom, it's the best writing ever.
lol sorry to disappoint but i don't watch it, so i don't know if it's good or not.

chevlr

HSC
yeh, that's what everyone's like when i start talking about it - you should watch it, you'll see why it's obama's favourite show, and my friend is australia's brainiest kid and it's his favourite show too, if that means anything to anyone.

Bereie

HSC
Yeah, it makes me feel like they should get rid of ads on TV when I watch those shows. I have them on DVD, but I know any serious show would be terrible to watch with constant ad interruptions.

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC
After you watch it, other shows seem crap for a while lol. Probably one of the most underrated shows yet it doesn't have the recognition it deserves(no prestigious awards like the emmys).

Bereie

HSC
Sorry just needed to bump this because if you haven't seen it then go buy the DVD's or kill yourself or something you asshole.

scora

HSC
It's always sunny in Philadephia is also good

chevlr

HSC
gonna get season 5 tomorrow - screw homework, watching the wire is more important than the hsc.

Ayatollah

HSC
N/A
just finished watching season 5,
I thought this started out kind of weak, some of the acting and general plot twists were a bit unbelievable (but pretty funny), then it got better towards the middle and ended alright.
Overall here is how I'd rank the seasons

-Fourth
-First
-Second
-Third
-Fifth

I mean by the fifth season all the good characters had been killed or weren't part of the main story, and 'Marlo' was just too shit a character (and the actor was shit) to be the main focus for the drug side, he was so much less believable than Avon, stringer bell, bodie, etc....his character was just so weak and contrived (and that last seen where he randomly goes up to a street corner and starts a fight was laughably bad)

Tim035

HSC
Awesome series, I got very little done for a week of my honours due to being fixated on watching this show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)