The Wooden Spoon:Pick Again !!! (1 Viewer)

Who will Really Win The Wooden Spoon(in order of favourites to get it imho) ?

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hehe I said "take the scenario that" ... Souths could well lose to Cronulla in Round 26, and then Newcastle don't need to beat us the next day.

But who knows? I mean, the Sharks ARE pretty crap ...

davo_

good kid
HSC
angelduck said:
do u rekon dragons would rest their best players for the game against the knights? It could happen, its not like the game will count for much to the dragons
I doubt it, dragons will want to be as close to the top as possible and Knights aren't exactly a walkover these days.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
angelduck said:
do u rekon dragons would rest their best players for the game against the knights? It could happen, its not like the game will count for much to the dragons
Yeah, I don't think they'll rest players either.

I was just using it in the scenario to show that Souths suck and they better get the wooden spoon!

rabbitohs2005

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Yeah, I don't think they'll rest players either.

I was just using it in the scenario to show that Souths suck and they better get the wooden spoon!
well both newcastle and souths won....but souths are 12th on the ladder now after that win...so i really cant see them winning it now....warriors have a bye still but souths are in good form....and have the cowboys and the sharks left...which they can beat...Warriors ran the knights all over the park...they just couldnt capitalise because of errors and dissallowed tries by the video ref...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
rabbitohs2005 said:
well both newcastle and souths won....but souths are 12th on the ladder now after that win...so i really cant see them winning it now....warriors have a bye still but souths are in good form....and have the cowboys and the sharks left...which they can beat...Warriors ran the knights all over the park...they just couldnt capitalise because of errors and dissallowed tries by the video ref...
Congratulations on your victory, dude.

I'm pretty confident that it was your home ground advantage that got you over the line in the end.

But yeah, seeing them sitting in 12th position was pretty scary. It means that they're only behind 11 other teams now. Time for some hardcore celebrating at Redfern, I presume. Bookie, I'd ask you to get the goods from Caltex, but you support the Sharks. Oh well.

Knights were supposed to lose according to you, mate. They might have been under the pump for 60 minutes, but they took their chances. Luckily I tipped without listening to you on this one and I nailed it.

Looking at the table now, though, perhaps Penrith could win the spoon. They got Brisbane, Bulldogs and Tigers.

We'll see what happens. If Souths win the spoon from here, though, they should be kicked out of the NRL again.

rabbitohs2005

HSC
lol...at home ground advantage....

yeah what needa to happen for souths to get it is this:

Souths need to lose there remaining 2 (will be favourites almost for both matches)
Knights need to win there remaining 2 (got the dragons rnd 26)

so it can still happen, but souths should be right by now...!!! If Penrith lose they will be 13th indefinately....and that should wrap things up for souths to avoid the spoon

Knights to get the spoon..only because they have the dragons last....but we will see how the dragons go today

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Well Penrith's victory today saves them for sure. They are four points ahead of Newcastle and 200 points ahead on +/- ...

The Warriors have the bye in Round 26, and Newcastle can't make up the 200 points they need to in two weekends.

Souths are the only team who can still "win" the wooden spoon apart from Newcastle.

I'm reckoning that Cowgirls will beat Souths and Knights will beat Sharks. That would take it to 21, 20, 20 (provided the Warriors lose this weekend).

Then in Round 26, Warriors go to 22 courtesy of the bye and are safe. Souths play Sharks in Round 26 (Saturday night) and Knights play Dragons (Sunday afternoon). The Knights will know if they have to win or not, and courtesy of the Friday night match between Eels and Broncos, the Dragons will know if they will have a shot at the minor premiership.

Interesting ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)