The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
yes you are. and so am i. level 3 bartender/supervisor/waiter, $15/hr. im almost 21.

grobsh

HSC
nice5uy said:
Jus looking at some threads nightfill assistants get paid heaps like 18-20 bucks an hour but im on $13, am i getting ripped off ? btw im 19 yrs old
no im guessing you're PPT or on probation. The fillers getting $18-20 are over 21

Black Heart

HSC
Ok, I've been working as a Cashier for Woolworths for about 7 weeks now. So the story is that I work tomorrow 8:30am - 1:30pm and I haven't had a shift since last Saturday seeing as whoever makes the rosters thought I was still at school but I have finished for the year and now she knows that, and I have approximately 9 or so hours this week (working Sunday too, and I'm only 15) so long story short, I haven't worked in like a week so this whole week I've been stressing like "Ugh I have work Saturday" and I keep thinking about it, even though when I get to work everything's ok. I don't know why I am stressing about going to work Is it normal to stress about it seeing as it's my first job and all and it's just a change in life? I don't know if I'm just weird or if it happened to someone else when they were getting into the work scene.

Oh and seeing as Christmas is coming up, I'm expecting more shifts for next week and the upcoming just under 2 weeks before Christmas. I was wondering when exactly it will get REALLY busy?

I hope you could understand the point I was trying to make in the first paragraph.

HSC
yoddle said:
wow thats amazing!
It means the manager must have an at least vague understanding of customer service... a dream for us.
He doesn't have a clue about checkouts, but he cut the grocery budget and gave that money to checkouts, so that was nice.
;)

HSC
Black Heart said:
Ok, I've been working as a Cashier for Woolworths for about 7 weeks now. So the story is that I work tomorrow 8:30am - 1:30pm and I haven't had a shift since last Saturday seeing as whoever makes the rosters thought I was still at school but I have finished for the year and now she knows that, and I have approximately 9 or so hours this week (working Sunday too, and I'm only 15) so long story short, I haven't worked in like a week so this whole week I've been stressing like "Ugh I have work Saturday" and I keep thinking about it, even though when I get to work everything's ok. I don't know why I am stressing about going to work Is it normal to stress about it seeing as it's my first job and all and it's just a change in life? I don't know if I'm just weird or if it happened to someone else when they were getting into the work scene.

Oh and seeing as Christmas is coming up, I'm expecting more shifts for next week and the upcoming just under 2 weeks before Christmas. I was wondering when exactly it will get REALLY busy?

I hope you could understand the point I was trying to make in the first paragraph.
I don't think its anything to worry about, just look at it with the perspective that work is NOT the most pleasant place to be. It might just be that it still feels a bit new. Other than that, I'm not sure.

How many hours you get at christmas depends on how much extra your store trades. You will work more though, probably beginning with next weeks roster.

I have six days for chrismas week, 39.5 hours in total.

Black Heart

HSC
babikakez said:
I don't think its anything to worry about, just look at it with the perspective that work is NOT the most pleasant place to be. It might just be that it still feels a bit new. Other than that, I'm not sure.

How many hours you get at christmas depends on how much extra your store trades. You will work more though, probably beginning with next weeks roster.

I have six days for chrismas week, 39.5 hours in total.
Yeah I think it might just be that it still feels a bit new. And yeah I was thinking I would be working quite a few hours next week (I'ma have to check the roster tomorrow) seeing as I'm a casual and they don't pay me as much as they would pay people older than me.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I put in my application on the 22nd Novemeber. I haven't heard back yet. This is not good isn't it?

HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
Babikakez I thought only dep managers could go over 5 days??
They're going to make us sign an adjustment on the sixth day saying that we agreed to the extra day. Not that any of us did, but they did let me know in advance, so thats better than nothing.
I have monday night, tuesday night, then all day on wednesday, friday (boxing day), saturday and sunday.

jirwin

HSC
Black Heart said:

What you've explained is perfectly normal I'm guessing (or hoping). Its 100% the same how I felt when I first started at Coles - and I still feel that way occasionally if I haven't worked for like a week. Due to TAFE my availabilities were only Friday - Monday. So I would have like 4 or 5 days off and work the weekend. So after I finished TAFE for the week and before I started my weekend shifts I would be thinking about it, getting anxious/worried but when I actually got to work it was fine. For me it comes and goes, I just try and keep my mind active, not think about it and know that its nothing to be worried about. Just got to think positive :D

MjM2

HSC
Hey, just a question. With the upcoming pay rise, how much is the pay rise? And also, I'm still on probation pay, will I get the pay rise?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
oooo, whens the new payrise coming in? We at BigW just had one in August, is there another one again??

danberg

HSC
PAY RISE FROM JAN 1! Great news for me, because I just aged a year so this means I get paid EVEN MORE! I got the info in a letter from the SDA (VIC)- I would have assumed the NSW branch would have done the same thing.....

oh and while I'm here, despite being a service cashier (and applying for this job, and getting this job), my job title in my payslip is "Trolley Collector/Packer"-though I still get paid what I should. Does my job title matter?

mitch179

HSC
danberg said:
PAY RISE FROM JAN 1! Great news for me, because I just aged a year so this means I get paid EVEN MORE! I got the info in a letter from the SDA (VIC)- I would have assumed the NSW branch would have done the same thing.....

oh and while I'm here, despite being a service cashier (and applying for this job, and getting this job), my job title in my payslip is "Trolley Collector/Packer"-though I still get paid what I should. Does my job title matter?
No, I don't really think it matters. When I worked at Woolworths, I started as a Produce Assistant, then left Produce and permanently moved to checkouts, but my job title never got changed. It always said Produce Assistant, but I got paid the correct rate and all.

grobsh

HSC
danberg said:

check the pay grades in victoria, in NSW trolley collector is under grade 1 pay, while service cashier is grade 2.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
danberg said:

check that your getting the correct grade of pay (grade 2 - if your not on probation)

if not however, your job title just denotes what the default department for charging your wages too is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)