thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah- thats only if they have all the random items on the register

then u can throw away the damn booklet of barcodes for minis and whatnot

L

lala91

Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

do you know of anyone actually getting fired during their 3 month probationary period?

Scanorama

HSC

lala91 said:
do you know of anyone actually getting fired during their 3 month probationary period?
Not that I know of, some people in my store left during the 3 months, but they didn't get fired.

Pilotdude

HSC
one_wit said:
i did WoWPoS training 2day, fuck it's gonna make things in liquor a lot easier
Oh yeah!!

Everything, all your cartons and pre mixes are in the computer same with normal c/o's have every heavy item under the drill downs. The only thing that isnt on Lqrs is the wine and singles.

wyho

HSC
N/A
how come there are always no vacancies available for casual positions in the sydney metro area? in the wowcareers job search the results always show either all full time or full time with a little part time... where are the casual positions gone? is there a period where casual positions are more likely to be available?

G

Gavvvvvin

Cool I just applied for a specific position about 4 hours ago and just got a call to go in for an interview tomorrow.

So what kind of questions are they going to ask?

I'm going for a nightfill position and may have made it seem I'm more experienced than i actually am :eek:

Oh yeah what else is there to know about nightfill besides its a 3-part process?

How much does a 20yo get paid?

Last edited by a moderator:

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC

Depends on what time you work...but expect quite a bit of money. Around the tune of $25/hr after midnight. Otherwise, $16.84/hr for casuals

Scanorama

HSC

Not sure the exact rate of 20yo, but an adult permanent rate is $16.3442/hour, as a casual, you will get extra 30%.

Penalty rate:
Monday - Friday 0000-0500 +30%
Friday night - early Saturday morning 0000-0600 +30%
Saturday 2100-0000 +25%
Saturday night/Early Sunday morning 0000-0600 +100% (Double time)
Sunday 0600-2100 +50%, 2100-2359 +75%
Public Holiday - Double time and a half

Nightfill is probably one of the best position in the supermarket, you hardly deal with customers and good paid, as long as your shift goes after 12. In my store, a nightfill shift can go from 1900-2900 (5am the next day).

L

lala91

i went to get my induction kit (with all the forms you have to fill in) today, waited for about an hour standing at customer service, then they said come back another day, on a week day, because the young people work on weekends and they have no idea where it is!
what the hell!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yes, WoWPoS is LIVE! how long before the novelty wears off?

Pilotdude

HSC
Few weeks hahahah :D

Yay we get our new check outs installed in mid march over three weeks :) (Part of our refit)

Its gunna be awesome.

Geezer28

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

I'm from Queensland, and I recently got employed by Woolworths in a Casual position for the new Springfield store. I just have a few questions for the very helpful people who have been posting alot of their knowledge in this thread ;-)

I've been employed into the Perishables/Longlife department, and I've watched all the training videos about temperatures, safety, customer service and whatnot. I'm about to go into a different store for two more on-the-job training sessions (Not the Specific Induction, I've already done that, the actual on the job training is next), before I start at the Springfield store (It hasn't opened yet).

My question is, what do I actually have to do in my job? :p

Is it just stacking shelves and 'helping' customers? Recieving loads and putting them into a Cold Room? Taking them out of a Cold Room? Performing temperature checks? Doing clean ups? Anything else? I want to be prepared for the on the job training, hehe.

Thanks alot guys.

Agywaggy

HSC
Welcome to the world of Woolworths!

To answer some of your questions:
1. Receving the load will be done by the backdock person, he/she will also put it in the cool room.
2. Performing temperature checks are normally done by your department manager.
3. You actual job will be to stack shelves and help customers.
4. If your working in pershiables my only advise is to ROTATE all stock, that is the most important part of working in pershiables.

I think thats all.

Pilotdude

HSC
Any one reckon you could go to upper management say GM of Supermarket ops without a degree in business? i guess for CEO you would need a degree.

Lol might sound silly aiming high, but why not. Would love to get into upper management. Suppose its everything, politics, business and implementing changes.

Possible?

G

Gavvvvvin

Its been a week since I've been to the group interview and I still haven't heard anything...should I take this as a sign of rejection? :(

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC

Not necessarily.

I went to a group interview last month and it took them a couple of weeks before they got back to me at all, and I got the job.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
you need to be an absolute cunt just go get to store manager, it's not about smarts, it's about being a bastard

Pilotdude

HSC
Lol, yer but thats the fun of it :)

I suppose i could settle for regional manager, i bet they get a nice pay packet if a store manager is on 110k+ a year.

Our managers arent too bad but our area manager can be an ass, lol today he rang and hes like "hi its blah blah here can i speak to blah"

Called it over the PA and then the manager asked me to take a message so i told the area manager and hes like "you will not be taking a message, you will put me through"

Said please take the call over the PA

Then the manager told me i need to take a message

And the area manager is like "well tell him im NOT happy and he better ring me back quick smart"

Lol, put your glass of wine down and calm down.

ooo and im thinking of being our shops 2nd steward for the union so i can get 5-6 free trips to Perth each year lol with EVERY thing paid for :)

mmmm so thats my life at woolies lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)