The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

vg_woz_here

HSC
rockets said:
I think they look OK but the female one's are a bit short and can see myself getting into trouble for exposing bare skin!!!
lmaooooo i agree with u!! its short.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
vulgarfraction said:
You work there? So do I.

I haven't remembered the numbers since induction though.
haha, freaky woolworths-bos connection

amanda3

HSC
i use 2 work at woolworths when i was 15 (2002). i did it for 2 yrs. i dont no how i survived it was such a bitchy environment.. i did checkouts then cash office. today (how weird) i got a call saying there was a position for cash office at a much bigger store.. I took the job! cash office is heaps better than check outs.. but they have this new thing called group assessment.. i wonder if anyone knows what it is.. and also, when i had induction it was just a one day process, now its two days - is it still dead boring?

talica

HSC
Oh I work at Big W Penrith! Its the place to be *cough* well its not bad, the people make it a great working enviroment, I do recovery..

HSC
N/A
What I did with my sleeves was roll the whole split bit up, then fold it in half again. It works well for me.

Hey, it doesn't look as bad as I originally thought.

tennille

HSC
Tomorrow there's going to be maintenance for the cash office system. I have to go in at 6am to finalise everything. :(

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
I've noticed that they've updated the WoWPoS software on our terminals...it's buggier than ever (I can access the start menu each time an EFTPoS transaction goes through).

Now, a question, if I'm interested in advancing to a supervisory position - should I directly approach my CSM/2IC or should I just wait it out (I anticipate a few of the current ones leaving in the next few months).

Pilotdude

HSC
Hey,

If Excalibur, if your interested in being a supervisor speak to your Service manager or SSM. Speak up then they know ur interested.

The update is meant to be more "User" friendly. The reason they done the update was because they are introducing EFT Pre-Swipe which was meant to be included but never happened and all the NatComs have come through as it being delayed untill further notice. But defintley a disaster. Although the registers havent been freezing as much but all the screens look really bad and fat and chunky.

The uniforms arent too bad, but was working out the back the other day in 42+ heat and showed sweat *yuck*. But i wear both depends on what im doing.

Saw the plans for my store refit and cant wait, everythings gunna be massive but we go from 12 main checkouts down to 10 and still keep 4 express and get 2 smokeshop and keep our lotto.

So happy times @ woolies :D

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
Does the Start button/taskpane pop up for you each time a EFT transaction goes through too? Pre-swipe would've been awesome...but maybe that might confuse some of the cashiers..(I must admit, we don't have the brightest at our store).

Did you ever need to use all 12 :O. We have 11 + 6 express, but we never used 11...I think our record was 16 open registers.

shariken

HSC
pete_mate said:
i hope you didnt break to her demanding you to work a week before HSC exams, you'd have to be fucking nuts.

When i was at woolies, i have cancelled most of my shifts with a weeks notice before exams, and then during STUVAC i was running behind study so i just thought, fuckit, and cancelled one of my shifts the afternoon before.

Its such a shit job its not worth letting them push you around. Thats what they do with the employees they have that barely speak english.
Well the same lady who rang me up both times isn't really popular with many staff members..I've heard this from quite a few fellow employees. I even put in a notice 4 weeks in advance for the exams. And to top it off for schoolies I got rang up by the same lady again the day I was going off to schoolies when I put an unavailability during that time as well. She also went 'I know you have an unavailability for today but can you work?" I was just thinking 'Hello, why the hell are you asking me this?"

Pilotdude

HSC
Excalibur, We have 22 registers total including liquor and 18 in the supermarket. And most saturdays and all major trading days we have every single register open, there are only 2 supermarkets in this town Woolies or Coles and half the town refuse to shop at coles because of service(lack of) and the prices which can be $4-5 dearer on certain things and thats evident when we do comp checks. And yep same problem with the start button.

Shariken, as a supervisor i can tell ya its bloody hard getting staff sometimes. Sometimes people say yes other times they say no but we gotta try.

I was down 4 staff the other morning only had 2 up till 11.30 and rang EVERY sigle person that knows checkouts and no one would come in and it ended up being madness.

kaatus

HSC
yeah i think that problem with the start menu affects all wowpos. strange.

pilotdude, i meant to say congrats to your post a while ago for being offered 2IC at 17 years old thats awesome, i thought myself being 18 was great but thats even better.

L

lala91

they just called me today to say i got the job. induction in two weeks time.
what does produce assistant do?

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
Carry stuff. Set them up...then hide in the back dock and eat stuff.

Not much really...I'd say they're the slackers of Safeway (at my store at least)

Pilotdude

HSC
kaatus said:
yeah i think that problem with the start menu affects all wowpos. strange.

pilotdude, i meant to say congrats to your post a while ago for being offered 2IC at 17 years old thats awesome, i thought myself being 18 was great but thats even better.
Thanks :) Its pretty good but im most likley going to leave mid year if everything goes to plan.

Produce assistants do basically nothing except talk eat and stock the odd thing up.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Pilotdude said:
On the old ISS system only certain numbers could be used because they were pre set with privleges. However on the WOWPOS sytem any number can be used for anything, you just go into "Office" and change the privleges for instace im nuber 87 and im 2 IC of service but i can change my own privleges to Store Manager etc.

Once you go to WOWPOS you can use any number for anything, much better IMO :D

The uniforms are gross, and i cannot see male managers wearing them or male staff at all:eek: . Its not the green i thought it would be and the flap over the buttons adds to the shamefullness of wearing these shirts in public. I'll miss the good old biz look with the tie etc.
is "Office" the back office thingy (blue screen under the old ISS system) cause i so wanna change my priveleges, tell me how!

Pilotdude

HSC
Nup office is a new programme. "Back Office" is the blue one where you do price changes and flag stock etc.

I cant remember what the office logo is but the back office logo is the barcode.

You need access to either manager, office cashier or service manager to be able to change your privs which is under user maintanace.

Cannont wait for our refurb to start end of next week :D gunna be awesome with all the changes but its going to be a construction site for 3.5 months :eek:
We also have to longest trading hours in WA where as all other stores close early in the state, and open later so that adds another challenge to the builders.

Sorry bout the crap spelling lol, too tired :sleep:

JoeI

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Fuck woolworths. 4 years running, and nothing happened.

Awesome essay!

HSC
N/A
Ekim said:
depends on the managers really, at my store they insist that we try some stuff out of each and every load for QC purposes, it also isnt looked down upon to pick a few grapes, apricots or something though techincally it isnt allowed i think...
Oh, that sounds fine. I had this mental image of people in the back with chocolate and muesli bars and chatting with a pile of discarded wrappers before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)