The Woolworths Thread (11 Viewers)

visualisethis

HSC
Have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread! I am 18 and am currently getting 13.50(casual) for checkout. I've just gotten off probation and I was wondering if my pay rate goes up and if so what will my new pay rate be?

pokerchoker

HSC
Hi everyone,

Not a student, sorry, but absolutely loving this thread :) I just started working with my local woolies store a couple of months ago, after having previous experience with Coles (many moons ago! lol)...

Went to the group interview applying for nightfill, but at the interview they said they wanted me as front end supervisor and relief cash office.

Spent the last 4 weeks on front end, and now have been told that will be doing Cash Office training on Thursday (gasp!!!!).. am a little nervous, so any tips from cash office experienced people would be great :)
Congrats on the new job, sounds like it's going great!

HSC
Weird. All of that is done BEFORE we close in our store. Say on a weeknight we close at 9pm. We have a night office cashier rostered for 3 hours (6.30-9.30) so when I come in for that shift at 6ish I take as many draws out (I know they say you're meant to spotcheck at the register but we don't do that) there's 22, leave about 6-8 depending on staff and take the rest to the invoice office where you strip them for a pickup (and strip list using calculator) or spotcheck directly if no pickup.. I usually wait until about 8pm before doing the pickup (there's about 4 tills left by then up the front, so I get final pickups from them). After that about 8.30 pick up is done, 2 tills left up the front. 9pm doors down, tills are up. 9.10 I'm out the door lol. Saturdays are the same... close at 5.30 I'm out by 6.
Well on a Saturday we close at 5, so we have one office cashier 7-3, another 3-7, and I'm there 5-7. I'm the person to strip the tills for the pickup, then I spotcheck them with a change slip and we input that once the pickup is finalised.

Tragesty

HSC
Hey guys,

I don't really want to go through 270 pages of the thread so see if someone has already asked this so I'm hoping someone who has worked at Woolworths can help.

I was revently invited to an induction at Woolworths and will be working at the Deli (when asked where I'd like to work, I replied both Cashier and Deli, not a real fan of deli work in general but I'd appreciate any job) and was wondering if you guys can give me a few bits of information in regars to what a casual eomployee would be doing at the deli? And which one would seem better - cashier or deli. And lastly, would Woolworths let me transfer from Deli to Cashier (or atleast allow me to move when shifts are available) after I've worked at the Deli for a few weeks?

Thank you in advance,

Mikey.

Harry778

HSC
Dang! Cant remember what time I start today. I hate that. Looks like I will have to ring.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
How much an hour do the managers make at woolworths???
they are on salary, so same amount per year but in my experience

~$45k for 2IC
~$54k for dept manager
~$62k for SSM/STM
~$80k for SM + company car

PLUS bonuses

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Dang! Cant remember what time I start today. I hate that. Looks like I will have to ring.
Lol, I regularly call my store at 10 or 11 on a Friday night, enquiring what time I start on the Saturday, haha.
Last Friday they called me, concerned that I had forgotten to call and check :p

HSC
I called in sick for both my shift today and monday just gone, and apparently everyone calling in sick for more than one shift in a week has to speak to the SM? Surely it would be more suspicious being sick for one day, and then making a miraculous recovery???

Anyone else have to do this, particularly as a casual?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
How much are the bonuses and what are they based on? Turnover, profit?
not sure exactly, i know it takes into account financials, but this is supposed to be equally weighted with other things (i know an AutostockR audit is part of this). so in otherwords, u wont get a good bonus just because u've spent shitall on wages, but it means your department is a complete mess.

grobsh

HSC
they are on salary, so same amount per year but in my experience

~$45k for 2IC
~$54k for dept manager
~$62k for SSM/STM
~$80k for SM + company car

PLUS bonuses
for a small store yeah, add another 10-20% for a bigger store.

grobsh

HSC
not sure exactly, i know it takes into account financials, but this is supposed to be equally weighted with other things (i know an AutostockR audit is part of this). so in otherwords, u wont get a good bonus just because u've spent shitall on wages, but it means your department is a complete mess.
looks at SAP, which takes into account shrinkage, profit, sales etc. then goes into things that make it fair across all depts, such as staff turnover and safety rating etc across the whole store. this is also because non dept specific roles such as duty manager (salaried) still get a bonus.

Revelrous

HSC
so whens the best day to get cakes and pavalovas and crap when theyre one day away from their bestbefore date?

do you guise bake alot on one particular day?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
^^ Loved that! lol...I always keep an eye on the bakery and butchery on theri reduced product..In the morning they would reduce items by 20% so I usually just take them off the shelf and go back after 12 when they take them down to 50%

Harry778

HSC
My store is generally pretty busy but we always have staff on checkouts to cope. I thought it was because we made more $ then expected. So I went and looked at the sales plan for this week and last and everything is written in red, meaning we didnt make what they needed. Does this mean the CSM does not care about getting bonus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)