The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

Do they post our group certificates or do we get them from the cash office?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
pretty sure you have to get it from the office (i do, anyway)..JUST lodged my tax return then :D

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
Do they post our group certificates or do we get them from the cash office?
i picked up mine from the cash office when i was picking up my pay slip. the managers just gave the rest out during the shift.

Dan7

HSC
townie said:
i think if you just go ask the other store, you MAY have to go through induction etc again and officially resign. compromise might be to approach the other store dept manager and say if they ever need somebody to cover shifts you can do it, then when you;ve done enough shifts just ask to be transferred
Sorry, is that directed towards me? And as far as group certificates go, I don't work at Woolworths anymore so shouldn't they post it out to me?

dxb

HSC
Im a storeperson at my local safeway, has its ups and downs, in the peak periods its stressfull asssssssss, which is y i only do the one shift a week...

used to be a checkout person, then was longlife/persh and now am a storeperson.

anyone else a backdock/storeperson?

G

Gavvvvvin

Is it just me or does the internal employee job section of the website not seem to work? :confused:

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
Is it just me or does the internal employee job section of the website not seem to work? :confused:
I never quite understood the point of that website, probably because it's never worked for me.

makemearedcape said:
Can someone tell me how to check my scan rate?? I have no idea.
I don't think there is a quick way to check scanning rates, but at the end of most shifts we get told what ours was for the day and what the overall rate is. This is only because our store scanning rate is shit.

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

TraiCauVong said:
Hey, it is a Group Assessments, including Company Overview. Does that mean I need to tell the interviewer st about Company History.
No, it just means that they will tell you about the company history. However, it is highly regarded if you have prior knowledge or are able to ask questions, as it increases your participation and sets you apart from the other candidates.

Pilotdude

HSC
Hey guys,

Time to revive this thread!!!!

Our store is now a 1.3millon dollar a week store! which is great for the managers but not for us as we constantly do this figure or more! but we have no staff, most days we will do 150-200k and have 7 staff on and thats it! getting annoying.

Hows all the other stores! :D

droodles

HSC
I think I might be getting dropped.

Haven't received my employee discount card
Haven't been offered a contract
Hours have been cut down from approx 25. to 8 per week.

Also waiting for my review.

cRAPS!

HSC
N/A
In an average store you'd be lucky to get your review until they relieve a year or so later that they need your signature on it. Go ask for you SDC at the cash office after three months or so.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
are there lots of yoghurts on sale right now?

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
In an average store you'd be lucky to get your review until they relieve a year or so later that they need your signature on it. Go ask for you SDC at the cash office after three months or so.
mine took three months to get my appraisal, not that i read it or anything :eek:

it also took less than 2 months to get my discount card as well. :confused:

Haven't been offered a contract

Hours have been cut down from approx 25. to 8 per week.
contract?

8 hours/week is still ok though. its probably just not that busy or anything. its when they give you one shitty three hr shift a week or one shift in a fortnight is when you should start to worry. what dept do you work in anyway? 25 hr weeks in less than three months is pretty good.

droodles

HSC
Well actually I'm happy with a short roster cause I have time for school and life.
Some of the other guys that I work with have got their discount cards already and they got offered a contract for part time (I'm currently casual) but PT means less pay but two permanent shifts. I really don't want to go on the contract but it will mean they are keeping me, hopefully.

The reason why I got my roster cut was because they took in some more new guys for Long Life cause they needed more people to do the roll cages and load dropping etc.

lucimurphy69

HSC
I am A woolies checkout chick in Armdale, trainee to be precise and i do it in school, so one day a week i get a day off and get to earn money to tlk to people, got to say its a prettu laid back job for easy moneys!
.. the fresh food people...

sayrah64

HSC
I am also a 'fresh food person'. I work on checkouts and it is pretty much hell. my availability is always ignored and the supervisors are SO bitchy that people have quit purely because the bitching became too much.
I've been working there for a few years though.. so I kinda just put up with it cos the pay isn't too bad...

beentherdunthat

HSC
I work at big w. Which is a woolworths company. Check out chick. Big W Bankstown. Come visit. Not Now. After hsc :p ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)