The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
CieL said:
Coles pays higher than Woolies :)
my mate at coles who is the same age as me gets slightly less than me (im at woolies)? :confused: although penalty rates *might* be higher, as for that i cannot be sure.

sayrah64

HSC
my friends at coles get paid less than me(woolies)
coles is for moles...

Pilotdude

HSC
babikakez said:
at the beginning of the year, my store (rockingham city) was the worst in the whole of region 1.
Is region 1 all of wa?
Yeah, Region 1 covers the whole of WA except Broome and Derby? Which are under Region 2 which is SA for some strange reason.

You have the regions and then you have the areas so like 1.1, 1.2 etc...

townie said:
store almost did $300k (a couple of months ago average takings were $170k) this week, biggest sales week in history of the store

also, got some safety award at the national conference for going 1500 days without a time lost injury
I so wish our store was that quiet! crist we can do 300k on a saturday sometimes which is MENTAL let me assure you. We generally do 150-250k a day.

They have pencilled in 2million dollars for the week leading up to xmas :eek: :eek: :eek:

Peartie

HSC
i didnt even have a phone interview - i was rung up and told "go to West Ryde store at 6pmish on wednesday for your interview" i had a group interview and a 'one on one' interview (although it was everyone that was applying for the same position - and then the next day i was given then job.

Then about 3 weeks later i was rung up by HR to ask if i still wanted to attend an interview about another position id applied for :S

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
did my first ever supervision shift today, on my own, no help, with only 24hrs notice....god it was stressful

sayrah64

HSC
Pilotdude said:
I so wish our store was that quiet! crist we can do 300k on a saturday sometimes which is MENTAL let me assure you. We generally do 150-250k a day.

They have pencilled in 2million dollars for the week leading up to xmas :eek: :eek: :eek:
that's crazy!:eek:

Pilotdude

HSC
townie said:
did my first ever supervision shift today, on my own, no help, with only 24hrs notice....god it was stressful
I've prob asked before but how many registers does your store have?

Supervising is stressful!, worst when you have to do that, rosters, paperwork and smokeshop, bells etc by yourself while the managers sit in their office, wankas!! grrrr pissed me off today. MENTAL because skool is back tomorrow so all the parents go shopping with the little shits and i had to do rosters early this week for some weird reason, but mondays im the only supervisor 0630-1700 so its FARKED! Although we did have heaps of staff for once hahahaha

Rant over! :p :)

sayrah64 said:
that's crazy!:eek:
Tell me bout it!

----------------------
I swear Today Tonight hates woolies, its like every week theres a story about woolies
this week it was using old meats etc hahaha, shit ive been 2IC in Deli relief and our stm and sm come round check meat against the out of code report. Crsit if we had 1 bit of meat out of date in the coolroom we got roped over the coals as to why it wasnt chucked before the 48 hour rule!
----------------------

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
we have 10 registers (8 supermarket, 2 liquor) we only ever have 4 operating at most tho (in supermarket, we do go up to 6 during christmas)

CieL

HSC
Woolies is the worst sometimes..

Bonnyrigg plaza's Woolies has 15 registers.. and in peak hour, there'd be 2 in express, 2 in the regular ones.. and I'd literally stand there for 15mins waiting to be served [in express lane] because the lines are so freaking long, and they have 4/15 registers opened

Hm.. supervising was stressful for me too.. I was asked to become a supervisor after 2 months of working there.. nfi why.. I hardly knew the procedures!

HSC
Pilotdude said:
Supervising is stressful!, worst when you have to do that, rosters, paperwork and smokeshop, bells etc by yourself while the managers sit in their office, wankas!! grrrr pissed me off today. MENTAL because skool is back tomorrow so all the parents go shopping with the little shits and i had to do rosters early this week for some weird reason, but mondays im the only supervisor 0630-1700 so its FARKED!
I can't believe that you're the only supervisor all day. I mean, I know you're in a regional store (I'm pretty sure you are :) ) but its not as if it's a tiny corner store. We have at least three supervisors during weekdays, plus our smokeshop staffer who also has supervisor priveledges.
Although, the same isn't for weekends, last sunday I got left on front end (remembering that I'm not even a supervisor and even though I'm on smokeshop I dont have numbers) for at least half an hour, I don't know what for. I had to do smokeshop, bells, phoning staff to come in early, and I'm not even meant to do those things (except smokeshop).

Speaking of smokeshop, was just wondering is anyone's store has age restrictions on who can staff smokeshop, coz there's major disagreements about it at my store.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i wouldnt know, whilst we have a register for smokeshop, only our CSM ever uses it

HSC
townie said:
i wouldnt know, whilst we have a register for smokeshop, only our CSM ever uses it
We have a regular for smokeshop as well, but she only works weekdays 7-4. I tend to do Friday afternoons, Sunday mornings and public holidays, while supervisors do saturdays (as there is a general oversupply of supervisors. case in point, yesterday 7 people with supervisor privileges worked all day. and that doesn't include our csm who works every second sat)

The only reason why I asked is that we've always had a general rule that you have to be over 16 to serve at smokeshop. However, I'm only 15 and get regular, scheduled shifts on smokeshop. This hasn't gone down well with other staff members who are over 16. I spoke to my manager and he has said that there was never such legislation, just a general assumption.

I understand that this may vary from state to state, but I was just wondering if there was a company policy on such matters, or if individual managers could just choose anyone for smokeshop.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
well, it cant be company policy or our store will be in the shit, because our smokeshop is so rarely used most cigarettes are sold at the actual register by whoever is serving (they just go into the smokeshop to get the cigs), and some of them are under 16

Pilotdude

HSC
townie said:
we have 10 registers (8 supermarket, 2 liquor) we only ever have 4 operating at most tho (in supermarket, we do go up to 6 during christmas)
lol is thaty all, we have 20 registers, 16 in supermarket and 4 in liquor-top 5 sales nationally each week lol for lqr store haha

Lol over Xmas we will have every register open and they may pull out the register for training out and use that as well to do like recharges and shit.

Generally we have about 8-12 staff on which means 10 or so registers open, saturdays and sundays we need every single register open from 10ish till 5ish to cope!

babikakez said:
I can't believe that you're the only supervisor all day. I mean, I know you're in a regional store (I'm pretty sure you are :) ) but its not as if it's a tiny corner store. We have at least three supervisors during weekdays, plus our smokeshop staffer who also has supervisor priveledges.
Hahaa yeh up here in the nor west, but we do big big big big sales, its bull shit we get nothing for it, hell the staff have to pay for everything, we need a new microwave, water bottles etc we have to put in.

Yeah its shit ass, we have a smoke shop operator but she is as useless as tits on a bull, does refunds and shit but wont do anything more. Pain in the Ass she is.

I wish we could have 3 supervisors on during the day, we only have 4 "official supervisors" which is shit too.

At the moment im doing thurday nights by my self and between 5 and 9 we will do 150k and its crazy, and usually i end up doing smoke shop, bells, liquor calls etc by myself.

Most days im lucky if i get a lunch break because there isnt anyone to cover it especially on weekends which is fucking me right off at the moment.

Looking forward to moving to Perth but hopefully i will get atleast a supervisors job, after being Serivce Manager, 2IC, Deli relief manager, systems, recruitment officer-now thats a shit job! lol ive done it all!

Btw haha we have 13 year olds selling cigarettes, well we really dont have any choice.

HSC
Pilotdude said:
Looking forward to moving to Perth but hopefully i will get atleast a supervisors job, after being Serivce Manager, 2IC, Deli relief manager, systems, recruitment officer-now thats a shit job! lol ive done it all!

Btw haha we have 13 year olds selling cigarettes, well we really dont have any choice.
You should come to my store, someone needs to stand up to our new 2IC and tell her that cleaning is not as important as answering bells or serving during an express alert.

If you don't get a supervisor position I will be absolutely horrified. What areas are you thinking of going to?

It's comforting knowing that you have 13 year olds selling cigarettes, especially since my csm has said that anyone can serve on smokeshop, and that you're also having to abide by the same tobacco laws as us.

Last edited:

Roga

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

For some reason, I don't think I'm going to have a group assesment. Firstly, I applied online. Then I had a phone interview the day after I applied. 2 weeks later, they call me again to have an interview with the manager. He then told me to try and keep Saturday's free for induction. I havn't been officially offered the job, but by the way he was talking, I have it. Anyway, I was thinking is the induction part of the group assessment or did I just skip it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)