The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Huzzah after reading through all 27 pages of this thread I can finally have my whinge. Obviously currently doing HSC, gave more than 2 weeks notice for the dates I'm unable to work (day before an exam and day of exam). Out of the 4 days I've signed off for so far, they've put me on for 3. They do it to everyone, seriously what is the point in saying when you can't work when they still put you on. Gahhhhhhh!!!

pringa

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

^yea lol i know,

i was just trying to legitimize my post for entry in this thread ;)

Pilotdude

HSC
lol, jodi..1 if you were at our store, you wouldnt show up and youd still have a job, they never fire anyone. On average we have 2 sickies and atleast 1 no show everyday crazy shit!

But if they say you have to work just go speak to your store manager, it is their job to make sure everythings running etc. I had an argument with our SSM once and our store manager was saying i was in the wrong so i rang up the state manager LOL who rang our store manager and went off his nut about it especially when i was in the right the whole time!!

babikakez, im looking @ north perth at the moment, thats where ECU is :)

Lol we had a supervisor like that would walk away from the service desk not to be seen for ages and would be putting stock away or cleaning and being called etc stupid mole!

hopefully they give me a supervisor job!, crazy again today. We were 8 staff short all day plus we were already 2 down according to the grid!

usually have 3 pages(grid) of checkout staff today we had 1 and the 3 supervisors!

Townie, hows cash office? stressing you out enough lol

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
nah, cash offfice is easy, i really like it. althought i've only covered the basics sofar

Pilotdude

HSC
Yeah, i guess it aint too bad at your store, i learnt it, well the basics: Pickups, change ordersand safe counts but thats all i know. Its horrible lol

Everytime i done change orders the safe wouldnt balance it was always under 40k! GRR.

On Thursday nights the cashier usually counts 80k in pick ups lol have to have 2 in there on thurs nights cause they dont get out till 10-30 otherwise!

hahaha tried my hand at meat packing today! LOL god i know know the difference between fucking meats lol hate to know how many people got charged wrong hahaha now that im not service manager they are shunting me round a bit and its pissing me off, go back to 2IC next week but i gotta work where they are short apparntley!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Pilotdude said:
Yeah, i guess it aint too bad at your store, i learnt it, well the basics: Pickups, change ordersand safe counts but thats all i know. Its horrible lol

Everytime i done change orders the safe wouldnt balance it was always under 40k! GRR.

On Thursday nights the cashier usually counts 80k in pick ups lol have to have 2 in there on thurs nights cause they dont get out till 10-30 otherwise!

hahaha tried my hand at meat packing today! LOL god i know know the difference between fucking meats lol hate to know how many people got charged wrong hahaha now that im not service manager they are shunting me round a bit and its pissing me off, go back to 2IC next week but i gotta work where they are short apparntley!
yeah, you seem to be in the same position as a girl at our work.

she left uni to come to woolies full time, she's doing her cert 3 as well, but they kinda just tend to put her wherever she's needed.

and yeah, lol, our maximum safe holding for the main safe is only $12,000 so there's not a lot that can go wrong

sdlee

HSC
hey guys, new here, just finished all my exams and got a job doing nightfill.

from the second interview, i was told that there would be two days of training - 1 9-5 just about woolworths and then another training session a few days later that would be role specific.

my questions is, do we get paid for those training sessions?

Emily90

HSC
im starting first job at revesby wooloworths anyone else work der??

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
Hi, i was just wondering how 'flexible' is a casual place at woolies. Are you allowed to swap your rostered days with anyone else or can you do 9-5 on one day and not show up the next?

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Our store is pretty strict on things like that

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
it depends i think, espescially on how old you are, if your only 16 they wont want you swapping with say a 21 year old as they have to pay you a shitload more, but i reckon if your swapping with some1 the same age or younger you should be right, but u should check with the service manager first

EDIT: and no, you cant just do a longer shift on one day and just not show up the next

Last edited:
HSC
Our store isn't so strict on who covers your shift, but it has to be noted down by a supervisor, and both parties have to agree on the shift, ie.. you can't just say person x is covering my tuesday shift, they have to be there as well to agree. If they're not, a supervisor will call and make sure that that's ok before you're off the hook. But generally, if we can't work we won't have to cover shifts, just tell a supervisor that the shift NEEDS to be covered.

tlai

HSC
N/A

What does a Longlife Assistant role invole? Is it similar to nightfill but during the day?

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
anyone know how much difference the induction pay, probation pay and normal pay is for about 17 years old?

HSC

pringa said:
^yea lol i know,

i was just trying to legitimize my post for entry in this thread ;)
Fair enough. But unbelievably, there are people at my store that don't know that. I was in cash office a couple of weeks ago, and someone came in to collect a discount card. I then heard them say a couple of days later, "oh, how come you're allowed to use your SDC at Big W but not KMart or Target". :rofl: Obviously someone didn't listen during induction. (Not that I did but that's a completely seperate matter.)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
induction and probation pay are the same, normal pay is more, but i'm not sure by how much

7th Sign

HSC
Emily90 said:
im starting first job at revesby wooloworths anyone else work der??
I got a mate that works their names Darren, its close of my area but sydney seo...

Last edited:

Pilotdude

HSC
Fuck me today SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were already 4 down according to the grid today and we had 6 people call in sick!:eek: :eek: and 4 no shows:eek: I was horrified as i was doing close and had no one on tonight managed to get a couple of young ones to stay but geez.

Couldnt get hold of our service manager, she should have bloody come in and helped didnt even get a lunch break so 9 hours and not one break. So fuck them will go home earlier tomorrow lol

Rang every single person that knows checkouts and not 1 would come in! We had 4-5 Checkouts and 3 express open all day and we done just under 300k today which is one of our busiest saturdays ever!

Fucking stupid sluts who come up and ask for more checkouts to be opened, heres a quote from one of the convos:

"EXCUSE ME!!!!" (when im serving smoke shop with 3 million people in line)
"Wont be a sec"
"EXCUSE MEEEEE"
"ONE MOMENT MAM"
"HELOOOOOOO" (now im getting pissed off lol)

Go round to the desk
me"What can i do for you"
her"Are you going to open any more checkouts?"
me"Sorry this is all the staff i have"
her"Well have you called any one in"
me"Ive tried that"
her"Well i dont think thats good enough"
me" sorry?"
her "I SAID THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH, INFACT ITS"
me (interupted her)"look dont yell at me, im doing my job as best i can"
her "Is there a manager about"
me "Hes actually serving in the deli, becasue they have no staff down there either"
her"well i spend 500 dollars a week in this store and ill be reassesing that"
me"thats nice but i need to serve the front, please call in monday and speak to the store manager"
her "DONT YOU WORRY, AND ILL be speaking ABOUT YOUR attitude"
me(pissed at this stage) "look i couldnt care less, you can complain all you like but it doesnt change the fact i dont have and not about to get any staff"
her"how dare you"
me"Look i need to do my job and serve, have a nice day" and i walked away LOL

Fucking slut bag

Rant over! just gets worst and worst each day i tell ya. :mad1: Never a dull moment i tell ya, geez i always seem to get abused or have a story to tell each shift.

Lol thank god im back on service desk though, had to work in Bakery and another day in meat unit and put steak stickers on veal LOL so everyone got charged double what they should have hahahah suckers.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Pilotdude said:
Lol thank god im back on service desk though, had to work in Bakery and another day in meat unit and put steak stickers on veal LOL so everyone got charged double what they should have hahahah suckers.
Hey, thats not fair! :mad1:

:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)