• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

bensneddon

HSC
Thanks Ben :)

I've been a regular operator for a little over a year now but only just got SCO trained. Recently lots of customers have been complaining (one even refused to enter through the main entrance and left the shopping centre). What if a customer just walks through anyway and doesn't listen to what I'm saying about entering/exiting through self-serve? Can I call a Service 100 (lol)?

Service 100 to self-serve! Someone's trying to enter in the wrong place!
Probably doesn't warrant a service 100 (there isn't an immediate security risk, only a potential security risk as a customer has entered the store without being filmed front on by the camera above the wanzl gates), but ask your CSM/supervisor to inform your SSM/Duty Manager if it's a repeat offender.

HSC
of our approx 10 supervisors, only like four are available this week thanks to leavers and training. who the hell decides to send csm, 2ic and another weekday supervisor on training in the same week?

bensneddon

HSC
Thanks Ben :)

Above our self-serve is a camera so that should be helpful.
All SCO areas have a CCTV camera, but they are facing towards the inside of the store (so they can capture any loss prevention issues occuring on the SCOs). The wanzl gates have a camera that faces the outside of the store, so (in a perfect world) we capture every customers face on camera.

Always pleased to help :)

SS-champion

HSC
Customer complained (to me) for doing my job properly today. Ask for a bag check and they complain. If they complain to SM or something what do you think will happen?

Plus what's the rule on self-serve? Is it OK for non-SCO using customers to enter and exit the store from self serve? When I tell customers to please use the main entrance, they complain at me...
It's pretty hard to refuse someone from leaving through self-serve... the best thing you can do is check their bags if they have any.

But when they enter through self serve it's just annoying because they get in the way!... I've seen some stores with a sign saying "exit only" on the eas gates.

bensneddon

HSC
of our approx 10 supervisors, only like four are available this week thanks to leavers and training. who the hell decides to send csm, 2ic and another weekday supervisor on training in the same week?
Haha that's the 'Woolworths Way'!

Seriously though, 10 supervisors in a WA store, that's pretty lucky.

We only have 4 supervisors (including CSM and 2IC) who are capable of 'running service'

We then have a few other people who have supervisor access on the registers so they can do refunds, spot checks etc.

HSC
Haha that's the 'Woolworths Way'!

Seriously though, 10 supervisors in a WA store, that's pretty lucky.

We only have 4 supervisors (including CSM and 2IC) who are capable of 'running service'

We then have a few other people who have supervisor access on the registers so they can do refunds, spot checks etc.
Well I wouldn't say that all of them are capable of running front end. We have:

- CSM
- 2IC
- 3IC (well just a full time supervisor who acts as CSM when those two are away)
- Another full time girl who is doing supervisor training - she's also on some training course this week, I have no idea what she's doing though.

Those guys work during the week.

Then:
Four pt/casual supervisors, plus smokeshop operator who is pretty much doing supervisor training.

So I miscalculated - make it eight, we need more trained though for close etc. Probably two of those wouldn't yet be capable of fully running front, though they're getting close.

gypo101

HSC
lol after hearing u guyz talking bout it, i think getting a job at woolies is impossible.
..years before a response..

Otacon2009

HSC
In other news, Woolworths Darwin and Nightcliff have put the new sinage. Several stores such as my own have yet to renovate. Also, the Stuart Park Dick Smith still has the old logo. Would it be fair to say that it is a franchised store or it's saved from changing it's format to a poor mans Harvey Norman?

bdude

HSC
I think it's silly that you have to go through a register to leave the store, I prefer Coles' 'open door' approach.

BSammy

HSC
I think it's silly that you have to go through a register to leave the store, I prefer Coles' 'open door' approach.
Yes, I imagine that's much more suitable for you, SHOPLIFTER lol

SS-champion

HSC
Yeah I'm not too sure about Coles approach of trusting their customers. You've just made it easier for people to steal stuff.

My opinion is: 95% of school kids that walk in and out of our store without buying something have probably got something hidden in their school bag. We caught 2 guys last week!

DM Mike

HSC
Anyone got any opinions of Fiona Santolin, currently HR in Region 5? Shes coming over my way to region 2 in the new year...

Anyone else know about boxing day?
In SA stores are closed. Dont know about other states..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)