• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

Craven

HSC
well you're not supposed to leave the s/s area so you can't go to a register to get it out, you just have to wave down the supervisor to do it for you... FUCK that is so annoying (from a supervisor point of view).... so over the s/s attendant asking for price checks and shit...

Treefeet

HSC
we just close ours down.. since the office staff should have put money in the self-serve machines in the morning.. but they dont.

i had 4 down the other week.. so i only had 2 to play with :p

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
well you're not supposed to leave the s/s area so you can't go to a register to get it out, you just have to wave down the supervisor to do it for you... FUCK that is so annoying (from a supervisor point of view).... so over the s/s attendant asking for price checks and shit...
S/S = Smoke Shop
SCO = Self Serve

You serious? You can't leave the SCO area? :\ - Oh and we have the P.A mic hanging over into self serve area for the SCO attendant to use whenever, which is very handy.
The service desk has the phone to do announcements on..

twelvemonths

HSC
I made a whole post explaining to write it down on a piece of paper?
Yes, but tell someone - preferably your svr - (with your voice :) ) before touching the smokeshop money.

lol in my store the attendants just do the calls themselves. Unlucky :p

brookie94

HSC
Hey again lol when you go in a break are you suppposed to sign off and sign back on when your breaks over?

twelvemonths

HSC
Hey again lol when you go in a break are you suppposed to sign off and sign back on when your breaks over?
Tea breaks (10-15 min breaks) - no, you don't sign off (paid).
Meal breaks (30-60 min breaks) - sign off (unpaid). Sign back on when done.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yes, but tell someone - preferably your svr - (with your voice :) ) before touching the smokeshop money.
You can, but it really won't matter. You can just take the money out of the machine at the end of night if worst comes to worst. anyway.

Like I said, not only did my svr not care, she threw the piece of paper in the bin with "dont worry im not going to worry about those small amounts".

twelvemonths

HSC
Like I said, not only did my svr not care, she threw the piece of paper in the bin with "dont worry im not going to worry about those small amounts".
Really? Isn't she worried that her till will come up short and an investigation will be launched? :p

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Rule #1 of being a SCO attendant according to my trainer. You've gotta have someone in the area at all times while your store is open.
Different stores have different needs/requirements. That might be the case in your store, but in my store, leaving the SCO area is fine (considering service desk is few steps away) IF the conditions permit.. If it is extremely busy, dont leave unless it's urrrgent obviously.
I wouldn't be leaving the SCO area if I couldn't/wasn't allowed/shouldn't, etc.

Really? Isn't she worried that her till will come up short and an investigation will be launched? :p
Nah, I think people only get asked if it's $10 or $20 under. A few dollars or cents won't matter..

twelvemonths

HSC
Different stores have different needs/requirements. That might be the case in your store, but in my store, leaving the SCO area is fine (considering service desk is few steps away) IF the conditions permit.. If it is extremely busy, dont leave unless it's urrrgent obviously.
The service desk is fine, and in my store it's OK for you to go grab customers from other checkouts to come use the SCOs. Anywhere else is out-of-bounds. I think that's the national policy.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
The service desk is fine, and in my store it's OK for you to go grab customers from other checkouts to come use the SCOs. Anywhere else is out-of-bounds. I think that's the national policy.
Yeah well the service desk is the only place I really will ever need to go whilst on SCO, and yeah, going anywhere else (apart from express with is right next to SCO) is not needed.

PyroTek

HSC
Tea breaks (10-15 min breaks) - no, you don't sign off (paid).
Meal breaks (30-60 min breaks) - sign off (unpaid). Sign back on when done.
I was told at induction not to bother signing off for lunch breaks and just use your assigned break and it's deducted automatically.
There are so many differing opinions, that you can do what you want and still be paid correct.
You can always sign an adjustment if you skipped your lunch or took a half instead of a full hour etc. If your managers will let you..

twelvemonths

HSC
I was told at induction not to bother signing off for lunch breaks and just use your assigned break and it's deducted automatically.
There are so many differing opinions, that you can do what you want and still be paid correct.
You can always sign an adjustment if you skipped your lunch or took a half instead of a full hour etc. If your managers will let you..
To be safe it's best to sign out. This is because if you take a 30 min break and don't sign out for it the payroll people might take out a whole 60 min because they didn't know how long you took. The People Planner grids usually show 60 mins so sign out and sign in when you're done!

edit: plus I think I read somewhere that not signing out is a big no-no and could land you in some hot water

Craven

HSC
And in the 20 seconds that you leave the area someone can run through with a full trolley load of shopping... just saying.

HSC
allright guys, change of topic completely.

i have a workers comp claim going through after this weekend, anyone know whether i'm supposed to book the doctors appt and let my ssm know (so he can come along), or wait for him to book it and let me know.

i know its an odd question, but yeah, any ideas?

twelvemonths

HSC
...this can happen on any register... someone can just force their way through. But you're right: it is a security risk.

twelvemonths

HSC
allright guys, change of topic completely.

i have a workers comp claim going through after this weekend, anyone know whether i'm supposed to book the doctors appt and let my ssm know (so he can come along), or wait for him to book it and let me know.

i know its an odd question, but yeah, any ideas?
No idea, but what happened? Are you allowed to say? I want to know the gory details!

I wouldn't want Woolworths to book my doctors appt. I'd want to go to my own doctor lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)