The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

HSC
ohh riiight, well if she does id just explain to her that the max the bags can really hold is 4L so it aint gonna be any heavier than that.
You know, she actually took it pretty good. Better than I thought anyways.

Our 3IC was in a pretty bad car accident today, so I have two of her shifts next week now. My store must have the worst luck for this kind of thing at the moment.

Also, Everyday Mobile are horrible to be on hold to. They need to have a direct line for store support, rather than making us ring through the customer care line. :evilfire:

Craven

HSC
browsing wowcareers as I have no life.. SSO advertised as an entry level position, lol.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
browsing wowcareers as I have no life.. SSO advertised as an entry level position, lol.
i wish i could see the internal employee page...but the site is really crap. safari, chrome and firefox won't load it properly on my mac :evilfire:

Craven

HSC
yeah Store Services Officer aka Office Manager, lol. Must be desperate :p it just said "Previous administration experience required, ability to count money quickly and accurately".

HSC
yeah Store Services Officer aka Office Manager, lol. Must be desperate :p it just said "Previous administration experience required, ability to count money quickly and accurately".
Well, I can do that. But never, EVER would I say I'd be qualified enough for SSO. Is it for a country store?

HSC
Just googled Warragul - 100km south east of Melbourne. Possibly why they're desperate.

Though in saying that, its not THAT far out of Melbourne. We always have ads up at work for roles in Karratha (1535 km from Perth) and Broome (2200km). Those roles must be hard to fill.

PyroTek

HSC
Just googled Warragul - 100km south east of Melbourne. Possibly why they're desperate.

Though in saying that, its not THAT far out of Melbourne. We always have ads up at work for roles in Karratha (1535 km from Perth) and Broome (2200km). Those roles must be hard to fill.
Broome?! positions there?
Awesome. When I get my commercial pilots license I'll get a transfer to broome as a 2nd job! (Seriously) :p

Craven

HSC
Yeah, probably. I suppose the hardest part of SSO's job is knowing the agreement/rostering rules/payroll back to front. The rest of the stuff isn't too hard and if you run into trouble there is plenty of support (SSM/SSS/etc).

We have a /major/ issue with People Planner. Don't know the details just overheard the SSM on the phone to AM explaining that they definitely ran the macro and that IT backs them up that they did but People Planner glitched and we are fucked lol, lifted to top level support with IT, getting their "master of People Planner" to investigate.... I wonder what happened haha.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A

From what I've heard, Warragul is quite a busy store. Their CSM worked a shift at my store a couple of months ago, and I remember her telling me about how she has to travel from Pakenham to Warragul every day, 90kms both ways.

Last edited:

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
My Christmas Roster:

Monday 6.30-9.30
Tuesday 6.30-9.30
Wednesday 6.39-9.30
Thursday 1.30-6.30
Saturday 2.00-5.30
Sunday 2.00-5.30

All Shifts are SCO,Except for Boxing Day.

PyroTek

HSC
Can't remember what the positions are, haha. Never been to Broome though. Apaz they're not allowed to have specials in liquor :cry:
that seems accurate... Ah well, I'm flexible. Now i have work in 25 mins (I hate 6:30 starts, but thats my contract.. eh) Take care All!

T 360

HSC
Just got a letter from SDA. WA Woolworths employees get a pay increase on Janurary 4th 2010,with back pay from August 1st 2009! Fantastic! $$$$!!

T 360

HSC
How on earth do you deal with 3am starts? Honestly 7am is a struggle for me.

I'm going to get fuck all hours next week thanks to my SM/SSM.

Anyone else get a letter from SDA today? In WA, both Saturday (the 26th) and Monday (the 28th) will be paid at public holiday rates. Surely I'll at least get a monday, considering that a lot of the permanant staff MAY take it off and we're open 8-9, instead of 10-5.
Got the letter from SDA today.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yay! Finally got my roster.

Mon: 09:00 - 18:00
Tue: 12:00 - 21:00
Wed: 10:00 - 19:00
Thurs: 12:00 - 21:00

New CSM said I'm pretty much going to be her 2IC, cos they don't have one at the moment. AND the weekend off.

YAY!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yah, people planner fucked up for next week, didnt do the grids correctly, like it didnt take into account the higher sales, so they sent down a new file.

also, grrr, just found out, even if we do get the National Agreement, it wont come into force untill your state agreement runs out.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Excuse me townie while you're here, can i please have some advice.

What strange new things will have to to deal with as de facto 2IC? Like weird technical shit to do with sales and performance and everything? I will continue in that position until the real 2IC recovers from her miscarriage so I would like a bit of inkling of what I'm getting myself in to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)