• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (10 Viewers)

MMacka

HSC
N/A
yah, host goes heaps quick, i was sick for two weeks once and my host access was "revoked"! funny back office was gone, i've done reliefs etc at other stores and come back and its still fine. must depend on how strictly they police everyone's numbers.
I have never been given a login for back office or stock management/RF gun. I was just told by STM and SM to to keep using my department managers login details.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
I have never been given a login for back office or stock management/RF gun. I was just told by STM and SM to to keep using my department managers login details.
really! that's a big no no at my store! I'd never let any staff in my dept use my numbers, esp if I'm not there or supervising them. if need them to do markdowns or quick wins etc then I always request low level access numbers for them.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
really! that's a big no no at my store! I'd never let any staff in my dept use my numbers, esp if I'm not there or supervising them. if need them to do markdowns or quick wins etc then I always request low level access numbers for them.
Yea once I got accused of loosing an RF gun and the store manager basically accused me of not putting it back the night before. In our store the RF guns aren't kept in cash office they are just kept charging on a desk.

So anyways he went into stock management, printed a report and found that I was the last person to login to the gun. In the end he had to go on the cameras and saw me going upstairs with the gun and back down to sign off of the finger scanner without the gun.

So it was found out later one of the store PTT duty managers had the gun or something happened and they wouldn't tell me what happened out of embarrassment of accusing me of not putting me back.

But he would of seen that the person last logged in was the department manager and not my name so they are well aware of the issue. My department manager has tried countless times to get me my own numbers for everything I need, at my interview after my store transfer I requested them and I even said it was good so they could trace all the mistakes I made. The response I got was "well your not going to make any mistakes are you".

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
does anyone know how to do this?
because there is an operator at my work who i swear is always using the RF gun or "checking" things on Office.
is there like a journal of who logs into Office too?
Stock Management
Click on "Reports" icon
Using drop down menu click on "Inventory"
Click on "RF User Log"
If you want the report for that day don't change the date. For previous days, change the date.

This report should be done by the SSO first thing in the a.m. to make sure all guns are still there. Any missing they must be found or someone has to account for $1,500 worth of RF gun!

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Stock Management
Click on "Reports" icon
Using drop down menu click on "Inventory"
Click on "RF User Log"
If you want the report for that day don't change the date. For previous days, change the date.

This report should be done by the SSO first thing in the a.m. to make sure all guns are still there. Any missing they must be found or someone has to account for $1,500 worth of RF gun!
One of our RFs went missing a year ago. The last place the operator remembered having it was in the vicinity of our carton crusher.

Draw your own conclusion :)

Last edited:

DM Mike

HSC
I always hit ctrl and c to log off from the gun, alot quicker than getting out through the menus and means noone can pin me for loosing a gun when someone else has taken it :)

ctrl +x and yes if you want to get out competely and leave it at the screen, which puts off alot of people from stealing it who arent used to troubleshooting the RF units :)

A mate of mine on the refurb team down here has some funny stories, did a full refurband fitout of a large store and found 8 to 10 guns...

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
I remember a customer came in to the store and was like "i found this on my lawn" and handed an RF gun over.. I was like "uh... cool thanks"
I was new at the time :)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Talk about RF guns is interesting. Cyool.

Ummm today was actually a pretty good day, i was just an operator. Except we THOUGHT we had run out of big bags, and then the load came and backdock woman was like "there's none here!", which is a huge issue for us cos we're like a two hour return trip from the nearest store, and we don't get a load on weekends, so then the CSM was working the phones and eventually wrangled some for Sunday (sat morning without big bags = shudder), and then i got on to my old store and like desperately begging them, and the backdoor lady appears carrrying a whole trolley of them, with profuse apologies.

Tomorrow is going to be so busy, because it's our State election and the voting venue is straight across the road.

PyroTek

HSC
I was told my load was going to be big today... Well it was a.. normal.. size load... easily done. :D

NC8000

HSC
N/A
Funny, we use ISIS and we can still add EAN's in store. In fact I do it quite regularly. With Woolworths cutting hours I don't have time to be on hold for half an hour just to tell the snobs to add an EAN.
Are you in Australia or NZ ?? Only 2 supermarkets in Australia use ISIS, All BWS/Dans/Petrol sites also use ISIS.

About 3 weeks ago a script was done that wiped out any Temp GTIN's(TUN) in the liquor division as it was a headache, this ability is about to be removed to add them.

If it takes you half an hour on hold, simply fill out an E Form is CASS and we will action it. or don't you have 4 minutes to write it ??

And snobs ?? I bust my butt to help stores out, everyone makes mistakes but if a store makes the effort to call me, I do my best to assist.

I understand also about SMS time pressures, Ive been in 3 sundays in 5 weeks for an excess of 10+ hours clearing a backlog of stores requests/issues.(and no, no pay for it, just satisfaction that ive taken pressure off stores.)

whiteguy

HSC
N/A
hey does anyone know if sick leave is cumulative in NSW for woolies under the EBA?

ytrbut

HSC
I am so sick of Woolworths buzz words at the moment - if I get told to "walk the floor" once more I might actually go insane.
What I'm sick of is how I now use the term "action" as a verb in conversation outside work. Every time I do it subconsciously, it makes me want to punch myself square in the face.

bensneddon

HSC
What I'm sick of is how I now use the term "action" as a verb in conversation outside work. Every time I do it subconsciously, it makes me want to punch myself square in the face.
Haha yes I do this too. Fairly common in most workplaces though.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yes, at hating the word action.

"Can you action this please?" *blue steel*

Get over yourself.

HSC
What annoys me though is that they use these buzz words to make us feel like we're doing something new, when in reality all they're saying is, err, someone needs to be supervising.

I walked into work today to see my SM on mains. I almost died, but then I looked around and realised it wasn't busy at all - wtf? Then our SSO did the last hour of her shift on checkouts as well. You could tell that we were supposed to have a managers visit today, they were calling the most ridiculous express alerts, someone had to be "walking the floor" at all times, I got in trouble from my CSM/SSM/SM for serving. Actually quite comical.

But, at the end of the day, it makes me feel good to realise that my CSM does just as bad a job of close as I do. :D

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha, re: "action" this used to shit me too, untill i started my new job...now i long for the simplicities of "action this"

New job we have: to action things, actions can be stategic, tactical or operational. We have processes, outputs and outcomes. Along with all a lot of other gobbledey-gook.

Mstislava

HSC
And snobs ?? I bust my butt to help stores out, everyone makes mistakes but if a store makes the effort to call me, I do my best to assist.

I understand also about SMS time pressures, Ive been in 3 sundays in 5 weeks for an excess of 10+ hours clearing a backlog of stores requests/issues.(and no, no pay for it, just satisfaction that ive taken pressure off stores.)
I bet Woolworths loves that they can rely on you to work overtime and not have to pay you for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)