The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
do you reckon there is any chance in hell they will reverse their decision?

more importantly do you think Coles will do it too? i will LOL soooooo hard if they do, man i would kill to see the look on those people's faces
thing is, coles would see this as an opportunity to gain some of the market share that Woolies loses due to this move. And it would probably not work otu for coles either.

but still, would love to see the looks on their faces

HSC
thing is, coles would see this as an opportunity to gain some of the market share that Woolies loses due to this move. And it would probably not work otu for coles either.

but still, would love to see the looks on their faces
Exactly. We don't have Foodland here, but from what I've read they've jumped on the pro-debit bandwagon. I have not seen the same from Coles yet, and that surprises me. Missed opportunity IMO.

whatashotbyseve, if you're out there, any ideas?

EDIT: The woman who created that group is a fan of "I hate internet trolls". lol.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
and thheyre saying the same arguement over and over again. -_-

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Are you guys on the group that I was on? I think my time there is done. The emotional toll was too great, and my searing sarcasm totally won out in the end.

Wixxy we had a very attractive relief-SM for a while (mid-twenties) and females calling in sick went down to zero for about two weeks. New SM was like "soz i'm not hot enough."

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Are you guys on the group that I was on? I think my time there is done. The emotional toll was too great, and my searing sarcasm totally won out in the end.

Wixxy we had a very attractive relief-SM for a while (mid-twenties) and females calling in sick went down to zero for about two weeks. New SM was like "soz i'm not hot enough."
Yeah we are. It's just amazing how they're totallly acting like they're king shits and all. Thats what I hate about A current affair / today tonight. It makes the average australian believe that they have more rights than they actually do.

Lol @ the Sm though. haah

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hey shinji do deli peeps often give out extra kebabs? We always seem to get one extra. I thought maybe it was a secret Woolworths policy of giving staff members extra kebabs? Dad was like "more like a secret policy of not being able to count." He's a comedian.

Tubrty

HSC
Especially those gorgeous bakehouse boys, yeah? ;) *runs away from antagonistic joke*

Oh, and trust me, us males think knowing the reciprocal is equally of the utmost importance!
Hahahaha oh I know, but girls have less guys to look at on frontend lol I love having discussions with guys about what chick they're on to, it changes every 5 minutes ;)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Hey shinji do deli peeps often give out extra kebabs? We always seem to get one extra. I thought maybe it was a secret Woolworths policy of giving staff members extra kebabs? Dad was like "more like a secret policy of not being able to count." He's a comedian.
Sometimes. haha. Depends on how many you actually get.

if you say 10, and we accidentally grab 11, i think .. "lulwut. I count 10!" *puts x10 into the machine and prints ticket. it is too much of a hassle to tak e the 1 out. (esp when they're kinda stuck together.)
but it could bethat they can't count :p

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
hahaha how hot? is he really that good? lol
leave him for those of us who are available, liz ;) and remember, your bf reads this!! haha
Yes, really that good (see my description further down).
I look but don't touch..... and with how (honestly) gorgeous he is, there's no way he's available, lol.

I do this probably minimum once a fortnight. My SM actually joked yesterday that he hasn't seen me cry in a while and asked what was wrong with me.
(yes I am aware I'm a total retard, but no one freaks out about it anymore).
I've never ever, everrrr cried at work before.... they all think I'm a hard bitch ;)

No, you must be mistaken. There are no hot guys in our store. I've checked. Thoroughly. ;)
Maybe not thoroughly enough??
He'd be mid twenties, thirty absolute max. Slightly longer than short hair (brown) which he had roughly spiked. Very nice watch, slim build, average height, attractive face, caucasian, stripey Woolies shirt.

I THINK he used to work in longlife.... so perhaps he's been promoted recently?

I'm a sucker for a man in uniform :p But really, he's rather fine.

Haha, niiiiice.

Tubrty

HSC
Yes, really that good (see my description further down).
I look but don't touch..... and with how (honestly) gorgeous he is, there's no way he's available, lol.
Maybe not thoroughly enough??
He'd be mid twenties, thirty absolute max. Slightly longer than short hair (brown) which he had roughly spiked. Very nice watch, slim build, average height, attractive face, caucasian, stripey Woolies shirt.

I THINK he used to work in longlife.... so perhaps he's been promoted recently?

I'm a sucker for a man in uniform :p But really, he's rather fine.
Haha ahh Liz, you make me laugh :p but judging by this he must be 'dayuuum' material ;)
lol no one looks great in a woolies uniform haha
hmm.. Photos may be needed haha use your stalker skills liz ;)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
No, I am not stalking staff from other stores.
And imo the Woolies uniform can be rather... attractive. Depending on who's wearing it.
(Think, slim built guys who are naturally good looking. The slim build means the uniform generally fits rather well, and so long as the uniform is clean and ironed and whatnot, it's very very smashable).

Tubrty

HSC
No, I am not stalking staff from other stores.
And imo the Woolies uniform can be rather... attractive. Depending on who's wearing it.
(Think, slim built guys who are naturally good looking. The slim build means the uniform generally fits rather well, and so long as the uniform is clean and ironed and whatnot, it's very very smashable).
Hahaha damnnn!
Hmm I suppose you are right, there is 1 or 2 guys that I've seen and the looked hot ;) but having said that, there is a shortage of hot guys at my store :( lol
stop checking guys out Liz!! Haha but as you have said, as long as it's look but no touch.... ;)

HSC
I've never ever, everrrr cried at work before.... they all think I'm a hard bitch ;)
I am the complete opposite of a hard bitch. Don't get me wrong, I still manage to put a lot of people offside (ie my SSO yesterday, which I kind of feel bad about), but you shouldn't move pass probation if you haven't seen me crying at the end of the service desk/in the SSM's office/at the coke displays/at the donut table.
etc.

Yeah they are.
As much as they're stupid, we should give up. The 'just press cheque' message has gotten though, but not the 'get better banks' one or the 'this change is not the fault of store staff' one.

Nice effort though team. I am proud of you all :p

yeah i agree

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Hahaha damnnn!
Hmm I suppose you are right, there is 1 or 2 guys that I've seen and the looked hot ;) but having said that, there is a shortage of hot guys at my store :( lol
stop checking guys out Liz!! Haha but as you have said, as long as it's look but no touch.... ;)
Believe me, I don't go out of my way to check guys out. I just notice the ridiculously good looking ones. This goes for women too, so I spose it balances out!

I am the complete opposite of a hard bitch. Don't get me wrong, I still manage to put a lot of people offside (ie my SSO yesterday, which I kind of feel bad about), but you shouldn't move pass probation if you haven't seen me crying at the end of the service desk/in the SSM's office/at the coke displays/at the donut table.
etc.
Wow :uhoh:
Yeah no pretty much at work, I am happy, VERY happy (hyperactive, like), or angry. Very occasionally quiet and withdrawn.

But never ever upset.

(Freaked out my SM, though, 10 minutes after crying in his office, I was hyperactive happy-acting for everyone :rofl: coz it's how I roll)

Tubrty

HSC
etc.

Yeah they are.
As much as they're stupid, we should give up. The 'just press cheque' message has gotten though, but not the 'get better banks' one or the 'this change is not the fault of store staff' one.

Nice effort though team. I am proud of you all :p

yeah i agree
you have got me thinking and I have thought of 2 guys, one grocery and one checkouts, that do look dayum fine in the uniform... ;)

haha is that the checklist for passing probation in your store Jess?? 'have you seen Jess crying in the following places throughout the store..' hahaha :p

yes, the people on that thread need to be banned from woolies.. They are all idiots! Lol

Tubrty

HSC
Believe me, I don't go out of my way to check guys out. I just notice the ridiculously good looking ones. This goes for women too, so I spose it balances out!

Yeah no pretty much at work, I am happy, VERY happy (hyperactive, like), or angry. Very occasionally quiet and withdrawn.

But never ever upset.

(Freaked out my SM, though, 10 minutes after crying in his office, I was hyperactive happy-acting for everyone :rofl: coz it's how I roll)
Hhaha this made me laugh, I am EXACTLY the same.. Hyper, happy and smiley or pissed off, if I am the latter, watch out!! Lol I keep the peace on frontend ;) I have now been credited as the bitch fight stopper by teaching people to walk away and talk it out on inanimate objects haha.
Yeh, I'll be pissed off one second and the. All of a sudden, someone will say something and I'll be all happy again haha makes people go what the he'll happened there?!

HSC

But never ever upset.

Okay, now I sound like a total bipolar person. Once a fortnight is what its like at the moment just because my CSM and 2IC and I aren't getting along super well. Also I'm sick of getting the same feedback from every manager that comes through (and trust me, we have a lot - new SSM and STM this week) about me being a crap supervisor. Give you a hint guys, I've given up on improvement - proper SSA role plz?

haha is that the checklist for passing probation in your store Jess?? 'have you seen Jess crying in the following places throughout the store..' hahaha :p
lol, I freaked out one newbie a few weeks ago. I'd been upset all day at my CSM, she was being completely and utterly horrible about stuff that wasn't my fault, and then something really stupid made me crack badly. So while I'm sat on the service desk floor calming myself down, this new operator is in express and is freaking out that I'm upset - meanwhile two other supervisors and the smokeshop operator are laughing at me. She could not work out what the deal was!
So funny in hindsight.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
etc.
So pretty much everywhere in your store?

On the topic of hotness, one saturday me and an operator were scrounging around in the service desk drawers looking for something when we hear this seductive, purred "heeello boiyzz" from above, and it's this stereotypical bimbo with blonde hair, pink tank top and absent smile, asking us for the location of some random product. It was so funny because there was me: not overly attractive, gay and way too girly to ever be referred to as "boyzzz" and this really scrawny 15 year old korean dude who's greasy fringe covers his eyes, and we both stood there, gaping silently, like "did she just say 'heello boyz??'"

HSC
So pretty much everywhere in your store?

On the topic of hotness, one saturday me and an operator were scrounging around in the service desk drawers looking for something when we hear this seductive, purred "heeello boiyzz" from above, and it's this stereotypical bimbo with blonde hair, pink tank top and absent smile, asking us for the location of some random product. It was so funny because there was me: not overly attractive, gay and way too girly to ever be referred to as "boyzzz" and this really scrawny 15 year old korean dude who's greasy fringe covers his eyes, and we both stood there, gaping silently, like "did she just say 'heello boyz??'"
^ lol.

No, not everywhere in my store. The donut table and coke displays, I'm observing, represents a significant negotiation point between managers and supervisors. Everyone has lost the plot there. SSM's office - only happened once, twice if you include when I very first hurt my shoulder and we were incident reporting/debating a hospital visit. Service desk floor is a given.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)