The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Of course townie is involved.
As if he would facilitate a thread such as this for ANY reason other than gathering suspect information from individuals who SHOULD know better than to admit half the stuff that they do unwittingly on here!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
My day at work was interesting.
The relief area manager came in.
He tried to convince me to take up Woolies after school as a career option, and I told him there was "no way I'd ever work at Woolies full time".
HOW WRONG I WAS.
(I have not seen him since then, til now!)

How were your days?

HSC
My day at work was interesting.
The relief area manager came in.
He tried to convince me to take up Woolies after school as a career option, and I told him there was "no way I'd ever work at Woolies full time".
HOW WRONG I WAS.
(I have not seen him since then, til now!)

How were your days?
My day was even better. Whole day off.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, lol. For the record, I am still a currently serving woolworths employee, but I am now but a lowly Grade 2 Casual.

I have met Liz IRL, and i dont think she works at Norwest.....yet.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
That being said, all posters should be made aware of the following:

I know for a fact, at least SOME people in Norwest are aware of this threads existence. However, at this stage, it is only being used to for feedback to improve processes NOT to punish employees. Whilst BoS would never give over your information to a private company, if you've made yourself identified be aware of the consequences.

Technically, posting too much information about Woolworths online is a breach of the code of conduct.

So stay safe kiddies

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Tbh, though, we do need to be far more careful with what/how much we reveal on here :)
A lesson learnt!

brookie94

HSC

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Seems like a cruel joke to play.
But I can understand how a seemingly innocent concept can be turned into a hurtful joke, unfortunetly i've done this to people witch i had no intention to offend, but yep possibly too heavy of a joke to play on someone/somepeople.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Tbh, though, we do need to be far more careful with what/how much we reveal on here :)
A lesson learnt!
Do you remember the last time Woolworths staff online were caught up in an online scandal? It was on that myspace Woolworths discussion board where staff were bitching about customers and it ended up in the newspapers.

I don't know if anyone was sacked though.

HSC
Tsk, If your going to bitch about certain customers do it after they leave the store and your nearly shut do it then :p, or what we do if were on self-serve bitch about it to the person on smokeshop or on express or someone doing basket runs, or in my case the groccery 21C he was a service supervisor when i started so he still enjoys the gossip of customer bitching haha.

The lunchroom def has got to be a bitchy place for customer gossip sometimes. ah love my job i love my job...not really 10-4 shift tomorrow :) changing my avalibility from
MON: 16:00-21:00
TUE: 16:00-19:00
WED: NA
THUR: NA
FRI: NA
SAT: 07:00-17:30
SUN: 08:00-18:30

to

MON: NA
TUE: 14:30-20:30
SAT: 07:00-14:00 OR NA
SUN: 08:00-15:00 OR NA

what do you think is that alright If I'm a year 12 student nearly approaching exams/ trial HSC and I have outside work commitments every friday?

anyway night BOS :)

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
Tsk, If your going to bitch about certain customers do it after they leave the store and your nearly shut do it then :p, or what we do if were on self-serve bitch about it to the person on smokeshop or on express or someone doing basket runs, or in my case the groccery 21C he was a service supervisor when i started so he still enjoys the gossip of customer bitching haha.

The lunchroom def has got to be a bitchy place for customer gossip sometimes. ah love my job i love my job...not really 10-4 shift tomorrow :) changing my avalibility from
MON: 16:00-21:00
TUE: 16:00-19:00
SAT: 07:00-17:30
SUN: 08:00-18:30

to

MON: NA
TUE: 14:30-20:30
SAT: 07:00-14:00 OR NA
SUN: 08:00-15:00 OR NA

what do you think is that alright If I'm a year 12 student nearly approaching exams/ trial HSC and I have outside work commitments every friday?

anyway night BOS :)
depends how much you want to earn..

if you want to do alot of study i would prob work 16 hrs a week ..

3 4 hr arvo shifts (4-8) and 1 weekend 3 hr (9-12)

not too taxing.. and a lot of time around that to study

anything above 5 hrs starts to become hard work ive found

HSC
Thanks for your advice :)
but atm I'm doing between 10-12 hours and I really have to finish my major work without work being in the way and I am at school after school for help some afternoons.

ytrbut

HSC
anything above 5 hrs starts to become hard work ive found
I tend to disagree a little bit. I find it far better (as a uni student) to work three ten+ hour days and then have four days off, especially if you can manage to have those days off consecutively. That way I can pretty much ignore work for more than half the week (time which I can devote to studies), yet still earn enough to allow me to do anything I need to do on the social side of things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)