The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

britto89

HSC
Annual leave gets earned at what you actually work but when it comes to spending annual leave to take a week off you only have to cover your base contract. for example i used to be contracted at 12hrs per week but always worked 16. i would earn holidays at the 16hrs per week rate but if i wanted 1 week off i only had to spend 12hrs.

somegronk

HSC
Anyone heard if the EBA has been agreed to? and more importantly, any ideas how long it is after this we get our back-pay?!

nanakid12

HSC
My CSM is pondering giving Supervisor numbers to this operator who has always wanted it. She has caused a bit of shit around the store, and she's been in our department for four months and already is getting pissed about younger ones being a supervisor. If the CSM gave the numbers to her... would our store fail an audit? I'm just trying to look for excuses to not train yet another supervisor, we already have far too many. How many do you guyses have at your stores? We have 6... I believe that is more than enough for a store of our size. Including this lady, our CSM wants to train two more. Where are all these hours supposed to go? It feels like a demotion now that I'm not doing my 3 nights.

Speaking of that, tomorrow all the supervisors are rostered on as operators... yep, I'm going to be the one left on checkouts while they all stand around supervising me. How exciting.

Fuck, is my whinging getting annoying?

Anyone heard if the EBA has been agreed to? and more importantly, any ideas how long it is after this we get our back-pay?!
I've been wondering this for a while, I'll ask my SDA Steward tomorrow and see what the G.O is.

somegronk

HSC
My CSM is pondering giving Supervisor numbers to this operator who has always wanted it. She has caused a bit of shit around the store, and she's been in our department for four months and already is getting pissed about younger ones being a supervisor. If the CSM gave the numbers to her... would our store fail an audit? I'm just trying to look for excuses to not train yet another supervisor, we already have far too many. How many do you guyses have at your stores? We have 6... I believe that is more than enough for a store of our size. Including this lady, our CSM wants to train two more. Where are all these hours supposed to go? It feels like a demotion now that I'm not doing my 3 nights.

Speaking of that, tomorrow all the supervisors are rostered on as operators... yep, I'm going to be the one left on checkouts while they all stand around supervising me. How exciting.

Fuck, is my whinging getting annoying?
I rarely work on service.... but all our smokeshop attendants (well most of them) have supervisor numbers but have limited training in supervision. The only reason they have them is to handle refunds and those trivial things. And as for the audit; we got done a few months ago, our service team was given a 5 star, so can't imagine it playing too big of a role.

How much does your store trade? Speaking from the 2 stores I've worked at that were trading at around a mil, they had about 4-5 main supervisors (not including CSM/2ic) and 2 or 3 back ups to cover anyone who was sick/on AL.

Oh and whinging on here will never get annoying!;)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Our store only has 4 active supervisors that actually supervise (including me), however we have about another 5 'backup' supervisors that just have numbers and just do the odd refund here and there, they never get supervision. We used to have about 6 active supervisors but due to a couple leaving, it's now reduced. I like it better like this, there are more shifts to spread out between us now.

Employee survey results are now available on AllYours.

the way to go

HSC
where abouts will I find all these little tid bits of info like project swordfish, procedure changes, software updates etc
I assume on storenet but I dunno where exactly to look...

nanakid12

HSC
I rarely work on service.... but all our smokeshop attendants (well most of them) have supervisor numbers but have limited training in supervision. The only reason they have them is to handle refunds and those trivial things. And as for the audit; we got done a few months ago, our service team was given a 5 star, so can't imagine it playing too big of a role.

Oh and whinging on here will never get annoying!;)
Ha, we don't have a dedicated smokeshop attendant. The supervisor, or a free operator usually just serves smokes when we need to. This gets quite annoying when it's insanely busy and we have the supervisor on express, everyone off the floor on registers, and a huge queue at cigarettes. They get the crankiest :(

vanessaslam

HSC
Would anyone be able to tell me what 3A CAS ORD on a payslip means? McDonald's payslips were so much easier to interpret than these haha

the way to go

HSC
Would anyone be able to tell me what 3A CAS ORD on a payslip means? McDonald's payslips were so much easier to interpret than these haha
3A is your pay grade (i assume you're in your first 6 months?)
CAS = casual employee
ORD = ordinary hours

hope that helps

We are getting a Refit!!!...We are getting a refit!!!
congrats! :D
did you find a list or just get told?

the way to go

HSC
woot! :D got an email today saying that my innov8ive idea was being considered by the committee :D

LITERALLY 2 minutes later...

another email, my idea has been rejected.

i'm glad they put so much thought into it.

BSammy

HSC
which idea was it? (can't be bothered looking back a couple of pages to see if you said :p )

nanakid12

HSC
The awkward moment when you find out a regular you've been serving for years (that you have no idea who they are) are actual related to you :rolleyes2:

Told by my 2IC and another supervisor :) Supposed to happen within a couple of months, which is exciting!
Nice :)

woot! :D got an email today saying that my innov8ive idea was being considered by the committee :D

LITERALLY 2 minutes later...

another email, my idea has been rejected.

i'm glad they put so much thought into it.
How lovely of them. But yea, which idea was it? :)

papermate92

HSC
so i just went on the online roster and counted 7 supervisors who have a regular supervision at least one a week then theres another 3 who sometimes do it plus another 12 who have a supervisor numbers so thats 22 plus csm and 2IC this is for a store that only does like $850k a week. i cant imagine only having 6

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Is it still being considered or was it declined?

Also, in regards to the transition to BWS, a manager was telling me that when this happens, the staffing will be completely separate... So we will be pushed back into the supermarket(?) and BWS will recruit their own staff. We will have nothing to do with BWS essentially. Also, supermarket items will not scannable on the BWS system as it uses a separate database.

Last edited:

britto89

HSC
I would take a step back and think again. Not as much will change as you think, it will probably just be a bit of a brand change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)