The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

the way to go

HSC
hey, my manager asked me to start maintaining inventory for a section, so just with the RF gun and autostockr,
but being classified as just a store team member, does this fall outside my duties? and who is supposed to do it?
(i get different answers depending on who i ask at my store)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hmm..
From the sounds of it you're just performing a basic role. If you were in charge of the entire store and staff members like an inventory manager would be, then it would probably be different. I don't know, I could be wrong?
Sounds like a task they would have a nontrade employee do, are you still in the grocery department?

Last edited:

Staff victoria

HSC
hey, my manager asked me to start maintaining inventory for a section, so just with the RF gun and autostockr,
but being classified as just a store team member, does this fall outside my duties? and who is supposed to do it?
(i get different answers depending on who i ask at my store)
Agree with imathew sounds as if this would fall under your normal grade so no extra money . But you should have a quiet word with your union rep .

BSammy

HSC
Got to do a couple of payroll shifts last week. Waiting to get it full time. I must wait. :(

(if it doesn't happen, i'm quitting. RAAAA!)

nanakid12

HSC
is everyone elses group certificates glitching?
Not sure what you mean by glitching... I managed to get my group certificate off epayslips yesterday, filed my tax return before this all-night-outage.

I've been helping one of our older workers set up her epayslips, cause she's not familiar with a computer (at all), and every single time we've been on to do it:

"We apologise for the inconvenience.
Epayslips is currently experiencing an outage. "

We tried at least three times last week as well, and that's all that came up.
I've just logged on to set it up for her from home, but I still have to wait yet until 12:06pm before it will be back online.

It's bloody ridonkulous.

Also, my CSM just told us to print our payslips off from the workstation computers.

What's up with this new Kronos system? Our SSO went through and deleted everyone who had supervision codes who wasn't contracted a supervision shift, and said told us that people listed as a Supervisor on the register will be paid supervisor rates. I didn't think this was true though... wouldn't they have the be entered into People Planner has supervision?

EDIT: NOW WTF... I waited until 12:06pm... I managed to get to the registration screen. When I submitted it:

Details This service is temporarily unavailable
Start Date 02/07/2013 12:06pm AEST
End Date 02/07/2013 12:36pm AEST

Great, so now I have to wait another half hour.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
What's up with this new Kronos system? Our SSO went through and deleted everyone who had supervision codes who wasn't contracted a supervision shift, and said told us that people listed as a Supervisor on the register will be paid supervisor rates. I didn't think this was true though... wouldn't they have the be entered into People Planner has supervision?
This could be accurate. We're getting a new payroll system apparently. You have started using it?
Afaik, the EBA states that anybody who supervises, will be paid the appropriate rate. (Stores like to only pay those on the roster, so for e.g. if you do a supervisors break, good luck getting paid etc). Maybe this has something to do with it. E.g. the system automatically checks to see who has the appropriate supervision privileges. But then again, it doesn't make sense to pay backup supervisors who are merely acting as operators.

Normally they purge supervisors when they get audited (you can only have so many supervisors or people with supervision privileges per store and/or based on how many staff there are)

the way to go

HSC
Sounds like a task they would have a nontrade employee do, are you still in the grocery department?
im in frontend...

on current topic:
but if the supervisor is on break, whos in charge? without a supervisor, our whole store would go to shit in 10 mins.
and all our supervisors perform supervision tasks even when theyre not rostered as one, so maybe they should be getting paid...

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
im in frontend...

on current topic:
but if the supervisor is on break, whos in charge? without a supervisor, our whole store would go to shit in 10 mins.
and all our supervisors perform supervision tasks even when theyre not rostered as one, so maybe they should be getting paid...
That's what I'm saying. I believe the new agreement said that anybody who performs the role of supervision (despite not being rostered), should get the appropriate rate. Something they neglected to do prior, and probably still do.

BSammy

HSC
so anyone who ever supers will be paid that at all times? is that what i'm hearing?

sb26

HSC
so anyone who ever supers will be paid that at all times? is that what i'm hearing?
I think this whole thing is wrong...

All the agreement lists is the paygrades. It's highly unlikely the company would lock itself into paying people higher rates when they only perform those duties on a shift-by-shift basis.

At least at my store, the idea for the EBA employees is that there is only ever one person rostered as supervisor and that is the only person who will be payed supervision for that shift. If you supervise for a lunch break, it's only 1 hour and tough luck you won't get extra. The only time I've been paid supervision when rostered as an operator is when the night supervisor worked in cash office; she signed an adjustment for three hours and I signed one for the same hours as supervisor and got paid appropriately.

Frankly this is the most cost-effective way of dealing with this and I don't see any SSOs or management feeling compelled to change the status quo anytime soon. If you have a balance of supervsn and operator shifts, why should you be paid higher for one of your shifts which you spend the whole time on a checkout? If you are in smokeshop doing refunds or counting registers instead, how do you keep track of the time when you switch back between being a supervisor and being an operator performing std duties? It's so much simpler from a payroll point of view to have one single person paid for those responsibilities and nothing more, save for more extensive periods longer than an hour.

Staff victoria

HSC
Re payroll and group certificates . After forceing all employees on to the epay system . Last week one week before the end of the financial year everyone in warehouseing had access to there group certificates on line . But with one week missing LOL . The system in now down and I was told yesterday another 48 hour before group cert back on line .

So meny discrepancys from payroll vic and nation it's one big joke this is employees money there playing with .

BSammy

HSC
they seem to be up and working now

however. they used to appear underneath the payslips, now there's a new header at the top above the ePayslips titled Payment Summaries.

the way to go

HSC
I think this whole thing is wrong...

All the agreement lists is the paygrades. It's highly unlikely the company would lock itself into paying people higher rates when they only perform those duties on a shift-by-shift basis.

At least at my store, the idea for the EBA employees is that there is only ever one person rostered as supervisor and that is the only person who will be payed supervision for that shift. If you supervise for a lunch break, it's only 1 hour and tough luck you won't get extra. The only time I've been paid supervision when rostered as an operator is when the night supervisor worked in cash office; she signed an adjustment for three hours and I signed one for the same hours as supervisor and got paid appropriately.
i dont think you see the problem, as a supervisor (and just like all the other supervisors), if im rostered or not, i still manage complaints, refunds, exchanges, breaks, assisting other cashiers, service calls, bus tickets, ISIS, office, Storenet, wow money, carpet cleaners, announcements, cleaning, answer phones, assign duties, manage the floor etc etc etc
so why shouldnt i get paid?
OR should i do none of that work and leave it all to the supervisor?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
i dont think you see the problem, as a supervisor (and just like all the other supervisors), if im rostered or not, i still manage complaints, refunds, exchanges, breaks, assisting other cashiers, service calls, bus tickets, ISIS, office, Storenet, wow money, carpet cleaners, announcements, cleaning, answer phones, assign duties, manage the floor etc etc etc
so why shouldnt i get paid?
OR should i do none of that work and leave it all to the supervisor?
I agree with you, however one could argue that most things in that list falls under the role of a service cashier anyway (breaks, assisting other cashiers, storenet, wow money, carpet cleaners, announcements, cleaning, answering phones). They aren't purely supervision duties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)