The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
I haven't heard of this lidl. I can't stand shopping at Aldi though. And Coles sucks.
I guess I'm a bit patriotic to Woolies ha.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't heard of this lidl. I can't stand shopping at Aldi though. And Coles sucks.
I guess I'm a bit patriotic to Woolies ha.
Coles customer experience is a lot better I reckon. The renewed stores look heaps sick.

nanakid12

HSC
Not compared to my woolies :p

Renewed stores? Coles or Woolies?
Also Costco looks cool! There's one in Brisbane that's about 2 hour drive from me that I've been meaning to check out one day.

Why didn't you ask your SSO? Lol

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I heard that they have at least ~650m budget for wage allowances.

nanakid12

HSC
Had a customer tell me today that she received an email (cause of her rewards card) with a marketing survey asking her to rate our store and questions like "who served you" and stuff like that. Apparently these results are supposed to be passed on to us but I haven't heard anything yet?

Anyone else heard about this? Sounds like a mystery shopper replacement

BSammy

HSC
Had a customer tell me today that she received an email (cause of her rewards card) with a marketing survey asking her to rate our store and questions like "who served you" and stuff like that. Apparently these results are supposed to be passed on to us but I haven't heard anything yet?

Anyone else heard about this? Sounds like a mystery shopper replacement
We had a poster on our wall a while back about those surveys. that's all i've heard about them

nanakid12

HSC
I've had two people tell me! First was a couple of weeks ago and I had no idea what he was talking about but just pretended to understand ha.

A lady who is councillor for local government told me on Saturday and explained it a bit better and then I understood! :D am pleased!!

Katebrunner

HSC
I've had two people tell me! First was a couple of weeks ago and I had no idea what he was talking about but just pretended to understand ha.

A lady who is councillor for local government told me on Saturday and explained it a bit better and then I understood! :D am pleased!!
Maybe we'll get a certificate or something if we get a good one

bernie14

HSC
Bit of drama at our Woolies lately. A supervisor who I got along with pretty well disappeared off the face of the earth, which I thought was strange, so I decided to ask someone if they knew what happened. Found out she had stole over $10,000 while doing spot checks, and our security cameras caught her. Couple this with the fact we've had two supervisors get new jobs and leave in the past fortnight, means our store is a bit light-on when it comes to team leaders.

Been thinking about throwing my hat in the ring. I've been there for over a year now, I feel like I am trusted enough (I work 25-30 hours a week), and I have a strong desire to step up. I love the feeling of responsibility and teaching. But I doubt myself on whether I would know how to do everything. I've done a few spot checks here and there and they seem easy enough, I know how to handle refunds and cash transfers etc, but that's about it. What else do you need to know before you become a supervisor?

nanakid12

HSC
Shit hey. Have they caught them and recovered the money?

Yeah go for it! Those things you listed: is pretty much it! [emoji23] you just need to be responsible and delegate jobs to staff and ensure all the spot checks and housekeeping etc is all in order. Mainly just ensuring customers are served quickly and keeping queues down.

Your CSM will teach you everything you need to know. It is pretty easy and if you want to put your hand up, what's the worst that could happen? They say no?

bernie14

HSC
Last I heard she was 'on the run'. Not sure if they recovered the cash.

Thanks for that. Will ask them next time I'm one-on-one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)