The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Is there any way to identify which roll cage number LTO stock is currently in?
Not directly. The easiest way is to be in 5, 5, 8, 2 (scan out of LTO), and scan the cage. Enter the reference number of the item and it'll tell you if it's in the cage or not. It's not ideal, but it's still much easier than trying to visually search the entire cage.

nanakid12

HSC
Sounds shit. Just do what our CSM does and scream at him in front of everyone lol.

Are other people allowed to save transactions from a big register so customers can buy smokes? I have always done it but CSM told us we aren't allowed to anymore.

I can understand why... it's slow to save, then slow to reload the transaction at the smoke counter, and holds everyone up. Apart from that, I don't see the harm in it. But he says that we will get in trouble from upper management for doing so... I don't think this is correct. Anyone verify?

BSammy

HSC
Sounds shit. Just do what our CSM does and scream at him in front of everyone lol.

Are other people allowed to save transactions from a big register so customers can buy smokes? I have always done it but CSM told us we aren't allowed to anymore.

I can understand why... it's slow to save, then slow to reload the transaction at the smoke counter, and holds everyone up. Apart from that, I don't see the harm in it. But he says that we will get in trouble from upper management for doing so... I don't think this is correct. Anyone verify?
has your store had trouble with saved transactions not being recalled?

like I haven't heard anything about that, but if people are saving transactions and they aren't being recalled people could be getting away with some shit.

i make sure the person at the service desk knows when i'm sending a saved their way. or i walk the customer to the service desk myself.

not recently tho, i haven' been on front end for a while (it's been lovely)

nanakid12

HSC
Nope, never had such a problem. Saved transactions always get recalled, so I'm not sure what the problem is...

Yeah I've always thought of that as a possibility but i don't think it's ever happened... I always walked the saved transaction to the service desk...

I bet it would be great! What department are you?

FrontendFreak

HSC
Our express is connected to smokeshop so we can save from express, but when the customer has their groceries in the trolley, I.e on a main register, we do not save for them. Just for security measures. Normally we don't have unrecalled saved transactions that have actually been stolen, Nevada we control this.

harry1701

HSC
Not directly. The easiest way is to be in 5, 5, 8, 2 (scan out of LTO), and scan the cage. Enter the reference number of the item and it'll tell you if it's in the cage or not. It's not ideal, but it's still much easier than trying to visually search the entire cage.
Didn't even think of that, thank you.

Tiajc

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, have just been made a supervisor. Was wondering how do u fix if an operator has hit cash but customer wants to pay by card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nanakid12

HSC
I think they might have fixed it now, but to get out of it when you went into it by mistake you have to press the same tender type twice to cancel it. Look up Tender Swap document on storenet it will have the deets :)

Tiajc

HSC
N/A
Thanks a lot, I'll do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FrontendFreak

HSC
Is that when you make a mistake doing the tender swap!? Because I've done that before and it DID NOT LET ME DO ANY THING but now that I know this, I'm far less reluctant to try it out...

FrontendFreak

HSC
So say for instance you accidentally press cash on the tender swap instead of EFT, the you just press can again for the same amount??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)