The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

FrontendFreak

HSC
Cigarettes and Tobacco are allowed to be purchased with returns cards, just the basics cards and essentials cards that we can't put them through with. I work in a store in a very low socio-economic area, so we have a lot of people who try to use basics cards to buy cigarettes, some even hide it behind their real bank card and then try to swipe the basics card because they think we are stupid enough to not see it...

BSammy

HSC
it was a waste of paper. why print every spot check when only one in a small amount actually need to be printed. Office can help you if you need it. so many spot check reports if you need, EJ if you need the exact what you entered.

T_Knight

HSC
Why do you do this to us woolies? Goddamn disney 'movie stars' cards arrived today and I'm already over it! Disney cartoons are sooooooooo like 80s and 90s anyway ... back waaaaaaay before any of the kids now collecting were even born lol. Oh well, guess i'll just be rostered on late nights for the next month, just to mostly avoid the rabid, suck-up parents who won't go away until little kyiara and zaydn finishes the whole darn set.

Flash Delirium

HSC
N/A
it was a waste of paper. why print every spot check when only one in a small amount actually need to be printed. Office can help you if you need it. so many spot check reports if you need, EJ if you need the exact what you entered.
...Fair enough. Just would be nice to have the option incase I needed it. Quicker than waiting 45 years for EJ to load.

nanakid12

HSC
Random, but sometimes one of our register plays up and starts printing the old Spot Check declaration slips. It also prints every receipt out without asking, even if it's under $30. I just reboot it and it goes back to normal but I wonder what causes that. I think it's happened about three or four times.

Also, when I'm supervising, I log myself into Office on the workstation when I start my shift, save having to wait said 45 years to load when I need it. :biggrin:

Ninja_W

HSC
N/A
Just out of curiosity, how many staff do you guys have on front end when you close up store?
I have 3-4 team members plus smokeshop and self serve and myself (team support)
This is a weeknight not weekend btw

Last edited:

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
I've been on till 10 (close time) once and it was just me and the supervisor on. I clocked out at 10 then it was just her on the front end team left.

Katebrunner

HSC
Even though it's not story day...

Got told off by the supervisor for giving my sister a high 5 when she came in the store today to tell me she got into a course she applied for. Aparently it was 'unprofessional' in front of customers

T_Knight

HSC
Pfft... you're supervisor can go shove it (none of her business). Unless you celebrated in a ridiculously, obnoxious fashion ..... in which case, good on her and stuff everyone else :D

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
So I was on express yesterday and usually I don't bother asking people if they have a rewards card because transactions are fast and usually under $40. There's so many things you have to ask now and when there's large queues you kinda just want to get through everyone fast and easy. So I'm serving this woman and I scan all her stuff and then everything goes through all well, she pays, I ask her of she's collecting Disney cards she says no, all good. I start greeting the next customer and start scanning their stuff and then the lady turns around with her rewards card in her hand and says

"oh, can you scan this for me?"

I tell her I can't since I'm done with her transaction, she's paid and everything's gone through and I also apologize and what not. She get's a tad angry at me and she wants everything redone so I send her over to the service desk then my lovely supervisor sorts it out. God bless her soul.

It's a good lesson learned though. To keep people happy just don't rush things I guess. I just don't like asking the customer too many questions to be honest because it then sounds like an interrogation.

"hi, how are you?"
"would you like a bag for this item?"
"do you have a rewards card?"
"any cashout today?"
"would you like a receipt?"
"are you collecting the disney cards?"

it's a lot to go through in such a short amount of time (30 seconds on average is what it takes me to scan each customers stuff). idk though you learn as you go I guess.

Last edited:

Katebrunner

HSC
So I was on express yesterday and usually I don't bother asking people if they have a rewards card because transactions are fast and usually under $40. There's so many things you have to ask now and when there's large queues you kinda just want to get through everyone fast and easy. So I'm serving this woman and I scan all her stuff and then everything goes through all well, she pays, I ask her of she's collecting Disney cards she says no, all good. I start greeting the next customer and start scanning their stuff and then the lady turns around with her rewards card in her hand and says

"oh, can you scan this for me?"

I tell her I can't since I'm done with her transaction, she's paid and everything's gone through and I also apologize and what not. She get's a tad angry at me and she wants everything redone so I send her over to the service desk then my lovely supervisor sorts it out. God bless her soul.

It's a good lesson learned though. To keep people happy just don't rush things I guess. I just don't like asking the customer too many questions to be honest because it then sounds like an interrogation.

"hi, how are you?"
"would you like a bag for this item?"
"do you have a rewards card?"
"any cashout today?"
"would you like a receipt?"
"are you collecting the disney cards?"

it's a lot to go through in such a short amount of time (30 seconds on average is what it takes me to scan each customers stuff). idk though you learn as you go I guess.
Agreed, but it's only one more question and it saves so much bullshit. Just ask lol. Plus its actually required by our service standards.

HSC
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience in printing tickets for the deli case? I've tried to play around on the gun/ISIS, but to no avail :newburn:

BSammy

HSC
the deli tickets are under "label" and i think it's 14 for normal and 16 for special tickets.

also, the item number is not the same as the number you type in the scales

subtekjr

HSC
Just wondering, I work in produce, what aside from an RSA would be required to transfer to BWS if need be?

I'm moving to Perth in a year's time, and the plan is to transfer anywhere in the area I'm moving to, assuming I'm still with Woolies. I have my RSA, but do I need anything else to actually transfer to BWS?

T_Knight

HSC
Having done relief shifts in BWS, you need not only need your RSA cert but also have the competency card - they'll scan a copy for the office to put on file. Also you'll need to do the smoking/tobacco inductions because you'll be serving cigarettes/rolling tobacco as well. Enjoyed the time there and would have transferred permanently, but they wanted to convert me to 'salaried' so politely declined lol.

BSammy

HSC
Having done relief shifts in BWS, you need not only need your RSA cert but also have the competency card.
I had to look that up, sounds like it's NSW only that you also need the card. Just in case that's relevant.

undertides

HSC
Found out I'm working Easter Saturday AND Easter Monday. Super keen for double time and a half! :)
Nice. Only working Easter Saturday but still can't wait to get that pay.

Working on the Thursday before Good Friday, too. Is it usually pretty chaotic?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)