The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
Anyone know how I can cashout all my leave? I try to do it through successfactors but it doesn't let me. I'm planning on leaving mid January since I've got fulltime work starting then so I want to get it sorted out asap.

nanakid12

HSC
Fairly certain it will get paid out to you when you terminate your employment?

Is anyone able to tell me, are shifts where we are contracted and get paid for, but don't actually work because it's a public holiday and the store is closed, do they count towards your limit of 20 starts each month with Kronos? Or does annual leave count?

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
Fairly certain it will get paid out to you when you terminate your employment?

Is anyone able to tell me, are shifts where we are contracted and get paid for, but don't actually work because it's a public holiday and the store is closed, do they count towards your limit of 20 starts each month with Kronos? Or does annual leave count?

yes and yes

we had two people work 7 days in a row because christmas day counts as a day if they're contracted. haha now they get OT pay!

mrpotatoed

HSC
Yeah dude, you're a casual, you can call out of a shift with like two hours notice. Weeks notice is for quitting.

They can get annoyed at you all they like, but they can't do anything about it other than stop giving you shifts, which is a dodgy practice IMO anyway. What are they going to do, stop you boarding the plane? Just go holiday with your family, and tell your store that you are really sorry, it came up last minute and you had no way of knowing.

Trust me, they will not extend you any courtesies cancelling your shifts.
yeah.... just told them I cant come and that's that. They cancelled my next two shifts though, not sure if that's cause they are pissed off at me or what though lol.

nanakid12

HSC
yeah.... just told them I cant come and that's that. They cancelled my next two shifts though, not sure if that's cause they are pissed off at me or what though lol.
Lol they probably are. Oh well, give them a few weeks and they'll be right... hopefully.

woolworths rewards scheme sucks its too hard to accumulate points now

coles flybuys is better
It's literally the same as Coles now. Coles also copied Woolies with the whole Velocity points thing.

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
Yeah that did suck, but they changed it to a points system in August, so 2000 points = $10 off.

$1 spent = 1 point earned. But they have double points and stuff all the time, and all sorts of offers. Doesn't take long to add up. And you can swap your $10 saving for 870 Qantas points.

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
yeah thats the same as coles

i stopped shopping at woolworths after they tried to pull that fake savings scheme bait and switch now i have like 45,000 coles points but i might start shopping at woolworths again now

undertides

HSC
If work didn't pay me one week (because someone didn't read the adjustment sheet...) and says they'll back pay me the next week, will I be taxed for that prior week or in addition to the next? I'm not sure if that makes sense.

BSammy

HSC
yeah the tax is worked out as seperate weeks, or it should be at least

it doesn't show that very clear on the payslip tho

nanakid12

HSC
Just curious guys, if someone presents a Staff Discount card on their smartphone, do you accept it? Our store has a policy that staff discount cards can't be accepted through the phone (usually the Stocard app) because obviously anyone could add it and use it... however I just noticed the official Woolworths app presents my staff card barcode to use in store. Wonder if I would be able to use it instead of carrying my card around.

subtekjr

HSC
If you are concerned about it, speak to your line managers about it. If it were me, and I saw people doing it quite often, I would ask to see their discount card in person, just for policy-based reasons.

nanakid12

HSC
I mean in other stores more than my own, I'm sure my coworkers know it's me lol. Just wondering what you guys do.

subtekjr

HSC
I mean in other stores more than my own, I'm sure my coworkers know it's me lol. Just wondering what you guys do.
I see. I personally wouldn't care, I haven't actually been told otherwise, so I'm assuming no one in my store cares. So long as a barcode goes through, I don't mind.

We had someone use their discount card for 6 years after they quit because no one grabbed it off of her when she left.

I just always have my card in my wallet anyway, if I can pay for something, I've got my card haha

nanakid12

HSC
Bloody hell that's a long time haha.

Do you guys have those cool new scanners on the side of the registers that can read smartphone displays especially for reward cards? I've seen them in one of the larger local stores and a few of the Coles stores have them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)