The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

subtekjr

HSC
Yeah we got those new scanners in the first half of our refit (fresh departments being done soon!). They are handy, most people are learning to scan their own cards there now. I like, with the new checkouts, the receipt prints on the checkout itself, rather than a machine to the side like before. Epic.

Greeter vest are probably just an old thing from when self serve was first introduced. I wouldn't order one unless you're told to.

Question, are you guys all being made to wear the green microcheck checkout shirts now? I bought 3 Produce shirts a year ago, and now the entire store (even managers including store manager) won't be allowed to wear anything but microcheck green... starts in two weeks

BSammy

HSC
i havent' heard anything about that

i haven't even been told to tuck in my shirt for close to a year, although i tuck it in if i see an area manager or higher in the store

BSammy

HSC
also, went on a visit with the new RAFFWU union to a few nearby stores to gather up some interest. i hope it gets kinda big, the sda really is rubbish

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Speaking about uniforms, does anyone have an older style woolies cap they'd be willing to sell me? I'm not a fan of the current one on total image and I'd like to see if anyone had a spare older style cap they'd be willing to let go.

nanakid12

HSC
Yeah we got those new scanners in the first half of our refit (fresh departments being done soon!). They are handy, most people are learning to scan their own cards there now. I like, with the new checkouts, the receipt prints on the checkout itself, rather than a machine to the side like before. Epic. .
Is that like, on the scanner part you mean where the receipt prints? I'll have to take more notice next time at the bigger store. Thats so cool.

also, went on a visit with the new RAFFWU union to a few nearby stores to gather up some interest. i hope it gets kinda big, the sda really is rubbish
Hells yes. Only thing stopping me joining is the lack of pay arrangement like with the SDA (automatic, weekly, don't see it). The SDA suck, and their whole conservative background annoys me. For example, why is it the SDA's business to not support gay marriage and stuff? Absolutely nothing to do with them.

In other dreading news that I'm sure you guys are sick of me bringing up... cuts are coming back apparently, way worse than before. Our checkouts roster in a couple of weeks has two staff rostered on all Saturday, myself and the supervisor (usually at least 5 staff). How that is supposed to work, I have no clue.

There is a new store opening near me soon, so I'm hoping to move there. Just a few more months...

BSammy

HSC
yeah the cuts are pretty bad, we visted a couple of woolies and a couple of coles and there were barely any workers about to annoy and ask to join our union

hah

BSammy

HSC
also, i kind of agree about the pay arrangements, but that's just a symptom of how cozy the sda is with woolies,

nanakid12

HSC
Is anyone else's Friday night depressing as mine lol, hanging out on the Woolworths thread...

yeah the cuts are pretty bad, we visted a couple of woolies and a couple of coles and there were barely any workers about to annoy and ask to join our union

hah
also, i kind of agree about the pay arrangements, but that's just a symptom of how cozy the sda is with woolies,
Yeah nah, not looking forward to it one bit hey. Hope there is some kind of new store budget at this new store so I can see to the end of my uni course and then leave. Rly hope I get there. Like sah bad.

I might sign up this new union. Maybe. It sounds chill.

mrpotatoed

HSC
how do I check what days I'm rostered for the next few days? Cant find on successfactors

nanakid12

HSC
Wowpeople portal dude, wowpeople.woolworths.com.au and you'll need your Google login which you can sign up at that website if you don't already have one/don't know it.

whatarethoose

HSC
N/A
does anyone know when woolies is hiring next?

also does anyone have any tips getting past the online application?

nanakid12

HSC
Depends on the store. You can set up email alerts on the WOW Careers website so you can be notified of new jobs in your area.

Katebrunner

HSC
What is this greeter vest on total image? Is it for self serve?
It's actually one of the nicest uniform items. It doesn't have the logo on it so you can wear it outside work. My friends have given me nice comments on it and don't even realise it's part of the woolies uniform lol

now the entire store (even managers including store manager) won't be allowed to wear anything but microcheck green... starts in two weeks
I think thats really good. It was terrible when managers used to be able to wear their own clothes. Most of them have no idea how to match a shirt and tie and they just look bad.

Xantios

HSC
N/A
I think thats really good. It was terrible when managers used to be able to wear their own clothes. Most of them have no idea how to match a shirt and tie and they just look bad.
I'm a Nightfill manager, so we just wear the green longlife polo shirts. They're much more comfortable when you're moving around a lot, and engaging in a fairly physical job. I've definitely not been informed of any such change to the front end shirts.

Our SM and ASM just wear their own clothes too. A business shirt and nice pants, typically. They did away with the absurd requirement of a tie for the SM/ASM a while ago.

Has anyone else heard of the new Longlife Inventory routines and the absurd implications for all involved therein? Someone at Woolworths literally thinks I have hours of spare time to go around pretending to be an Inventory Manager scanning and investigating Nightfill overstocks. That's at the same time they insist on counting my whole shift in the balance of Nightfill hours, by the way.

Last edited:

drowinginstudytears

HSC
Actually applied and got invited for an interview at my local woolies tomorrow ahh! I have a feeling/think its a group interview? But I've done some background research and am preparing for any possibility haha :smile:

Katebrunner

HSC
Our SM and ASM just wear their own clothes too. A business shirt and nice pants, typically. They did away with the absurd requirement of a tie for the SM/ASM a while ago.
Omg thank god. Every store I went into it was so terrible. I wanted to tell the managers to go into the city and look at the shirt and tie combos that modern businessmen wear. Only a supermarket manager would wear a dark coloured shirt with a matching dark tie. Looks so terrible like something out of the 90s haha

subtekjr

HSC
How about a shoutout for the VoC program!

Some of my personal favourite comments (paraphrasing for confidentiality):

"There was no bread and no fruit". Rated us pretty poorly. Proofing machine was screwed with signs explaining, prop bread and produce were both full all day!

"Fruit and Veg quality is s***". Came on a day where store manager and the entire department did 5 quality checks of the shop over the day's course. No more than a 22L crate came off each time, mostly of stock that just didn't look the best.

"I don't like how things have changed". sums up pretty much all of our comments since we started our refit, since they updated the grocery relays.

"I don't like the roadworks outside the shop". Roadworks by the council blocked two of our entrances to the carpark. Of four. This was about a year ago now.

Oh and of course the big bosses didn't care about the reasons, they just saw the low VoC scores and questioned us!

Xantios

HSC
N/A
How about a shoutout for the VoC program!

Some of my personal favourite comments (paraphrasing for confidentiality):

"There was no bread and no fruit". Rated us pretty poorly. Proofing machine was screwed with signs explaining, prop bread and produce were both full all day!

"Fruit and Veg quality is s***". Came on a day where store manager and the entire department did 5 quality checks of the shop over the day's course. No more than a 22L crate came off each time, mostly of stock that just didn't look the best.

"I don't like how things have changed". sums up pretty much all of our comments since we started our refit, since they updated the grocery relays.

"I don't like the roadworks outside the shop". Roadworks by the council blocked two of our entrances to the carpark. Of four. This was about a year ago now.

Oh and of course the big bosses didn't care about the reasons, they just saw the low VoC scores and questioned us!
Obviously, the adage 'the customer is always right' couldn't be further from the truth. In my experience is actually very rare that a complaining customer is ever right, about anything. ;-)

My favourite customers are those who go to to the front desk and ask to see 'the manager'. It's late in the evening and these people have nothing better to do than whine and complain like little children about inconsequential things. Since I'm the duty manager at the same time as the Nightfill manager I get to deal with it. Half an hour of trade left on a Tuesday before all the specials change over and I hear brilliant zingers like 'Why don't you have any of [promotional stock that's better than 1/2 price] left?'.

Or there was the rude, horrible, arrogant lady that insisted on shopping for TWENTY MINUTES AFTER WE HAD CLOSED. She verbally abused me for telling her politely that WE HAD SHUT, wow. Just wow. It's fine. I gave her the service she deserved. She had a massive, huge, trolley that was totally overflowing. Told the front end staff that they had to leave on time, and that that customer would just have to put all her shopping through on the self check out. :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)