The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Was wondering if anyone could help me in regards to uniforms?

I'm starting in Nightfill soon. I don't really like the polos (even though they're supposedly more comfortable) and I want to wear the long sleeve button up instead. Am I allowed or am I restricted to polos?

On the Total Image website it says [polos] are delegated to Replenishment/Nightfill, however I always see at my local store during the day some replenishment members wearing the long sleeve button up.
All departments can wear the microcheck shirt, the polo shirts are just an option for Nightfill/Longlife. You'll be moving around a lot, bending and lifting etc so it's important to be comfortable!

subtekjr

HSC
Any other stores have issues with yesterday's load? My Produce load in Perth was 2 pallets worth of stock. Apparently we weren't the only ones?

Edit: We normally get 5-7 pallets on Sunday for Monday.

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Any other stores have issues with yesterday's load? My Produce load in Perth was 2 pallets worth of stock. Apparently we weren't the only ones?

Edit: We normally get 5-7 pallets on Sunday for Monday.
You'll get a truckload later in the week. :lol:

astroman

HSC
So how do I go about resigning?

I've been employed as a night fill team member for just over a year and due to other work commitments/study can't work anymore.

How much notice should I give, who do I write the resignation letter to and what should I write?

Xantios

HSC
N/A
So how do I go about resigning?

I've been employed as a night fill team member for just over a year and due to other work commitments/study can't work anymore.

How much notice should I give, who do I write the resignation letter to and what should I write?
I'd address it to your Longlife/Groceries manager, and according to the EBA you need to give two weeks notice if you've been with the company more than a year. If you're a casual you wouldn't need to provide any formal notice, but it would still be a common courtesy to do so.

As for the contents of the letter, you needn't write much. Just provide notice of your intent to resign due to your other work/study commitments, as of whatever date is convenient for you and meets your obligations to the company.

nanakid12

HSC
All stores are getting "Pickup", the new name of Click and Collect. How exciting for all.

Also, stores in our area are apparently getting new scanners - ones that scan barcodes from multiple sides of the product, like ALDI has.

Anyone else got any new news?

I also asked to check a ladies bag the other day, and her husband who didn't hear me was trying to move her along, and the lady absolutely went batshit insane at her husband lol. Fully screamed at him and shit. Funny

nanakid12

HSC
There's a scam going around at the moment everyone. One of our operators was targeted recently - if you ever see an EFTPOS screen which says ALLOW MANUAL KEY ENTRY, make sure you hit NO and tell a supervisor, because someone is trying to enter stolen credit card details into the pin pad. It's usually to purchase a high value gift card.

The store manager has to also be made aware of any attempts of this - looks like it's a nationwide thing at the moment.

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Has anyone else heard about the changes to the uniform? I was told that replenishment/nightfill shirt won't be an option any longer and that all staff will be expected to wear the green microcheck shirt.

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
I don't think they would change it anymore than what they've changed it already in all honesty. It's important that nightfill/groceries uniform is comfortable so it would be a bit questionable if the do end up changing it.

bernie14

HSC
I wish to bludgeon whoever came up with 1Pos. Such a stupid, slow system. I get the need to change a few things but why re-word everything?

My first experience with it was when I was doing an overnight shift (my Woolies is a 24 hour store) and I was the only person on front end. Was an interesting night learning the ropes haha!

tubba001

HSC
This might be a stupid question but if the roster has PT-PH next to my shift instead of PT-PH OFF it means I'm working on the public holiday correct?

Dalek1234

HSC
So is anyone able to summarise the differences between the current system and 1POS? We get it in a month or two and no one seems to know what it is

BSammy

HSC
So is anyone able to summarise the differences between the current system and 1POS? We get it in a month or two and no one seems to know what it is
If you work in the office I feel it's improved, less work on a monday, some functions renamed and in different places but easy to get the hang of.

Front end, improvements, you can print barcodes to sign on quicker, you can be signed on to multiple registers, you can force someone off from that register. you can process petty cash from the register.

worse is you have to sign on at least once a day with a full password (there's a pin option, but i'll need to play around with that to see if it actually works) change orders aren't automatically sent to the office, you have to print a slip. everything is in a different place and it will take time to get used to that, which will impact customer service for at least a week or so.

any reports that you used to use the office program for are now in store central, which i don't know if it's better or not.
you have the same login and password for registers, office, store central, and can set up password reset questions in store central.

HSC
Pretty much bang on.

I was/am a 1POS Coach for my store (including training the supervisors up on it). Feedback has been generally positive so far. However, refunds are a bit cumbersome now, as it's highly recommended that we search through the transaction logs for a reciept if the customer does not have one on them. Otherwise, it's not too bad.

ekhan_01

HSC
All team members must adhere to the fresh food department clothing policy which is

(Select all that apply)

[]Jumpers to be worn under uniforms

[]Hairnets or hats needs to be worn so all hair is covered

[]Clothing must be clean and maintained in good order

[]Plastic sleeves to be worn where there is the potential for jumpers to touch food

[]Hair to be clean and tidy with hair tied up if long

[]Aprons and hats should be removed only when you leave the store premises

[]=to tick boxes

i need help asap and i've at least tried 50 combinations

P21

HSC
I am having the same problem...Quite Frustrating..Anyone help?..Tried everything..Guys help us out here plz..:)

All team members must adhere to the fresh food department clothing policy which is

(Select all that apply)

[]Jumpers to be worn under uniforms

[]Hairnets or hats needs to be worn so all hair is covered

[]Clothing must be clean and maintained in good order

[]Plastic sleeves to be worn where there is the potential for jumpers to touch food

[]Hair to be clean and tidy with hair tied up if long

[]Aprons and hats should be removed only when you leave the store premises

[]=to tick boxes

i need help asap and i've at least tried 50 combinations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)