• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

jas62

HSC
mlee72 said:
Yes very much so i was spot checking with my 2IC and every single register was over thousands of dollars some customer scammed us for $15 cause we couldn't prove the change dispute.
Thats happen at my store you have to enter the amount of money through office on the computer it's a fucking pain in the arse but yeah that works.

HSC
mlee72, no not all supervisors become s/s attendants. And whether you were previously a supervisor or not doesn't matter as everyone has the same privledges on there. And everyone gets a lanyard. Except its maybe a slight advantage being a supervisor as you know about things like dissection dumps.

They have to be emptied AFTER the store closes every night but not counted. The cash office will count one of the registers on a Sunday night, so at our store we have 5 s/s registers so over a 5 week period they'll all be spot checked.

Our stores registers have also been way out lately. I hate it.

jas62

HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
mlee72, no not all supervisors become s/s attendants. And whether you were previously a supervisor or not doesn't matter as everyone has the same privledges on there. And everyone gets a lanyard. Except its maybe a slight advantage being a supervisor as you know about things like dissection dumps.

They have to be emptied AFTER the store closes every night but not counted. The cash office will count one of the registers on a Sunday night, so at our store we have 5 s/s registers so over a 5 week period they'll all be spot checked.

Our stores registers have also been way out lately. I hate it.
So have our it's shocking we were always within 10bucks but now way way way out it sucks!!

HSC
Yes, my store was. My register was working fine until around 4+pm when it started not to accept credit cards and it went downhill after. Whenever a customer came through, I was praying and hoping they wouldn't pay by credit card. Irritating. My supervisor told me finally to close up and keep stock lol. And it was quite a busy time too. I can't imagine what would happen if this occurred during the Xmas period. Hah.

HSC
Re: woolies uestion

Yea, I wasn't hired as a christmas casual. I told my supervisor that I needed time-off during Dec/Jan till mid-Feb because I was going home. I told them at the end of September. She told me that staff apparently weren't allowed to take leave during the Dec/Jan period (I think it's only casuals) but she asked if my plane ticket had been booked and I said yes...because it was booked in April so she let me off but she told me that that cannot happen again next year. :p

HSC

AndromedaAiken said:
Yea, I wasn't hired as a christmas casual. I told my supervisor that I needed time-off during Dec/Jan till mid-Feb because I was going home. I told them at the end of September. She told me that staff apparently weren't allowed to take leave during the Dec/Jan period (I think it's only casuals) but she asked if my plane ticket had been booked and I said yes...because it was booked in April so she let me off but she told me that that cannot happen again next year. :p
Casuals are entitled to take leave whenever they like. They're just trying to make you feel guilty.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
any1body switched over from NatCom to CoreComs, i'm going to miss NatCom and Host Email

Pilotman

HSC
What are core coms?

lol i used to love reading natcoms just to be nosey!!, Host Acess was a pain in the arse, absolute shit of a program especially when doing screens.

There was murmors they were going to replace Host Acess, Back office and People Planner with more modern programs......but then again why fix it if it aint broke?

They seem to be rolling out s/serve pretty bloody quickly, my old store is getting 6 self serve in 4 weeks time but they are loosing 2 main registers which doesnt make sense to me because they need them, as it is theres not enough main ones.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
CoreComs is basically NatCom but tailored to your store. i.e. if you dont have a seafood department you wont get seafood messages.

it's also replacing the e-forms and email functions of Host.

People Planner is being replaced (as is Paymas) however i believe Back Office and the other Host functions are remaining in place for the time being, espescially since they roled out Host accross NZ as well

HSC
Ha well I never need to personally use Natcom or anything but I guess CoreCom would be better..

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
they're changing my Back Office Number :( i liked being 14, but now i have to be between 40 and 49 because i'm a cashier.

edit: does anybody know if i'll still be able to do Systems stuff, because i sometimes do that when i'm in on the weekend.

fayeee

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

hmmm. I got a missed call on my mobile, so I called back, and it was someone from woolies! except the person that deals with jobs had already left for the day.. but I left my name and number with the person that picked up..

Rkn I should hold my breath for a call back? lol

HSC

Really?? Huh...

When I took the diary today to put in something I missed out the other time, one of the supervisors told me, "If you are thinking of taking leave in December, you can forget about it." I told her that it was approved by my other supervisor but I was kinda pissed off at the way she said it. BAH. Oh babikakez, it's written in the diary "No holidays till 5th Jan" so it's true we cannot take leave...or is it just our store?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Salaried staff are forbidden from taking time off in December, and must work Christmas Eve, period, no negotiation.

People on contract cannot get leave in December without some serious wheeling and dealing.

Casuals are entitled to take time off in december, because they're casual, however dont be suprised if it leads to some repurcussions, such as less shifts etc.. I would only take time off in december if you ABSOLUTELY MUST, and with plenty of notice (several months)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
dang i cant, nor can i dump stock, or order stock, or do inventory management....hmmm. will have to talk to SSM when she gets back.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC

AndromedaAiken said:
Really?? Huh...

When I took the diary today to put in something I missed out the other time, one of the supervisors told me, "If you are thinking of taking leave in December, you can forget about it." I told her that it was approved by my other supervisor but I was kinda pissed off at the way she said it. BAH. Oh babikakez, it's written in the diary "No holidays till 5th Jan" so it's true we cannot take leave...or is it just our store?
...noone can actually prevent you from taking leave, it just depends on if it's approved or not.

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Possibly, it depends on how many more staff they need.
I missed a call that was meant to arrange my second interview, and then when I called them back they said that the staffing needs had increased and they offered me an induction without the next interview.
Of course, I was lucky, but I'd say that you've got a good chance.

jas62

HSC
Does anyone know if all woolies are getting selfserve checkouts?? or just the high trading stores. Grrrrr i think ss checkouts are a bad idea!!

mlee72

HSC
townie said:
dang i cant, nor can i dump stock, or order stock, or do inventory management....hmmm. will have to talk to SSM when she gets back.
that's weird at our store the office manager and 2IC get number 40 to 49 and and 10 to 20 (or something like that)
(i only have 40 to 49)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)