The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

turtleface

HSC
um I remember when I was 16, I got $8.15 (casual)
Now at 19, I get $15.25 (casual)

I think it goes up about 25-50c every year for inflation etc, and also an additional 1-1.50 per year on your birthday, up to the age of 21.

Expect about a 1.50-2.00 increase every year up to the age of 21

Those figures are my estimates only though, and this is in Victoria

xoxo

HSC
turtleface said:
um I remember when I was 16, I got $8.15 (casual)
Now at 19, I get $15.25 (casual)

I think it goes up about 25-50c every year for inflation etc, and also an additional 1-1.50 per year on your birthday, up to the age of 21.

Expect about a 1.50-2.00 increase every year up to the age of 21

Those figures are my estimates only though, and this is in Victoria
do you rekon it would make a difference if my employment status was part-time? coz i read somewhere that part-time people are paid less cause they get paid sick leave etc..is this tru?

Adrian.

HSC
xoxo said:
do you rekon it would make a difference if my employment status was part-time? coz i read somewhere that part-time people are paid less cause they get paid sick leave etc..is this tru?
Yes you get paid less if you're part time. Why don't you just wait and see what you get paid.

Agywaggy

HSC
xoxo, did u get start at woolies??? I work at woolies i'm 16 as well... but i've been working for a year and half now and get paid close to 10bucks. My 3 months prob. was i think about the same as urs. but it does go up :D. And yes, part -time empolyees get paid less but not by that much.

turtleface

HSC
Yeah part time is about $1 or so less I think

safeway wages are ok, and seemingly better than fast food joints, but a bit crappy compared to some other places

i was at an accounting firm over the summer for work experience and that was like $24/hr. if u really need money, try to get into some good work experience joints, especially if you're a commerce or a law student

frontin

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Woolies is the worst place to work in my opinion

Well Cashier, the other departments are probably a lot better.

I absolutely hated it and my supervisor was quite nice.

For now, I'd rather shop then work there :) For all those out there trying to get a job, I recommend a smaller company or shop. You actually get noticed and get treated with a lot more respect.

Good Luck!

PatG

HSC

I've been working at Woolies for 3 months now as a shelf filler and I hate it. My manager takes the work a lot more seriously than I do and wants me to work faster. A few weeks ago he asked me if I enjoyed my work. I was about to say "It's Woolworths! What's to enjoy about a crappy little job that pays $11.50 an hour?" but I just said "Yeah."

I'm trying to find a different job in like a clothing store or something, one where I can bludge.

turtleface

HSC

I used to hate Grocery the most, but I have to say the worst is freezer. shit its cold!

My personal favourite is front end, cause you never have to stay back late cause you haven't finished everything, and theres little pressure

PatG

HSC

Yeah I hate the freezer as well. They give you a jacket to wear but no gloves so my hands end up being blue when I finish my shift.

PatG

HSC
Wow I get a payrise from $10.80 to $11.50 on Sunday. Too bad I've taken 4 weeks off work cos of the trials.

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
I've got through the group interview and now I have a store interview, so what are the chances of being rejected? Am I still competing with other people who have gotten store interviews?

kloudsurfer

HSC
I work at Big W. Officially a recovery assistant (worst. job. ever.) but I also do floor and checkouts occasionally.

Same thing happened to me. You dont get a pay rise when you turn 16, only when you turn 17.

mouz

HSC
Can anyone help, i have a problem here. I applied for a service cashier position and got the job, I had my induction and was told to call up my store to find out when they would require me to work.
So i called up my store and they said if I could come in on Thursday when I'd be at the register with another worker (as I have no idea how to operate registers and wasn't tought how to, as part of the induction). Only problem is when i gave in my availability times Thursday was not part of them. Soo whyyyy are they telling me to come on Thurs, should I just go?? And also when are they gonne gimme the roster?? Any help would be great! Thanks.

mouz

HSC

Can anyone help, i have a problem here. I applied for a service cashier position and got the job, I had my induction and was told to call up my store to find out when they would require me to work.
So i called up my store and they said if I could come in on Thursday when I'd be at the register with another worker (as I have no idea how to operate registers and wasn't tought how to, as part of the induction). Only problem is when i gave in my availability times Thursday was not part of them. Soo whyyyy are they telling me to come on Thurs, should I just go?? And also when are they gonne gimme the roster?? Any help would be great! Thanks. :)

turtleface

HSC

lol they're always like that. They always tell you to work at inconvenient times.
eventually you have a gutful tell them to f*** off

but I think for you on thursday, they want u to go in for register training, so I think it will be a one off thing only. but its best to check with them

usually they post the rosters on a wall, just ask someone where the rosters are posted.

mouz

HSC

Thanks heapz!!! :D :D

Rhadamanthus

HSC

also necessary, when you are bored, it may be necessary to hold completely still, please post if anyone has beaten my record, 25mins on my register without serving a single customer.

still haven't been fired.

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
Ive been working for Woolies (in a new store) for about 4-5months now, and they work me like a dog (that sounds oddly sexual, but it sure aint fun)

I work in perishables, and they are really understaffed.

My tip for anyone looking at working for Woolies is to go for seafood or produce departments - they are massive bludges, especially seafood!!

I don't love the work, but then again I only do it for the money, which aint all that great either - $11.40 p/h or something. Only good thing is the loadings which really pumps up my pay when I work back late :)

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I work at Woolworths in West Ryde, I doubt anyone else works there but it's work asking I guess. :p

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Martyno1 said:
I work at Woolworths in West Ryde, I doubt anyone else works there but it's work asking I guess. :p
The liquor manager there used to be my liquor manager

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)