The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Just ring up, I'm sure they'd give it back. I'm suprised they kept it, when I started they took it for a min, photocopied the photocopy then gave it back.

Zakaev

HSC
N/A
At the group interview i wanted to be a cashier but they said i'm 2 tall and would be better suited in a different department so they put me as a Produce assistant.

my 2nd interview is on 07/08/08, what does a Produce assistant do?

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
...thats weird. I don't see why it would matter but anyway. And I don't know why they said produce, groceries would be better.

born2b

HSC
lol stack fruit and stuff...

go in the cool room get fruitandveg and then put it out.

generally thats all you do ..

expect early shifts. 4AM or at least 9AMish...

greekgun

HSC
blakegman said:
I am too tall for cashier but i still have to do it.
Suck it up...im 6 foot 1 and im a cashier. And whats even more impressive is that one of our cashiers is 6 foot 5.

tillllly

HSC
CieL said:
lol well that's petty.
You store must run like shit then.

it runs well.. all of the checkout operators aren't actually strong enough to talk to any of the supervisos, its purley backstabing.

if you have a store which is purely backstabing and no... chest stabbing (i hope u get my drift)... well it runs ok because everyone is only everyones enemy when the other one isnt watching, and this is a fantastic quote which my manager used when we found a rat in the backdock "ignorence is bliss", i think that applies in this situation

its warped but true

HSC
tillllly said:
omg!
my woolies is exactly like that, well its basically all of the register people against all of the supervisors and potential supervisors (everyone knows who they are)
Ahh, Potential Supervisors. They're the worst kind of checkout operator thats ever existed.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
gotta love working at woolies.
i got (fired/kicked out of/forced to 'ask to leave') the deli coz of a personality clash i was having with my manager.

BAKERY 4 LIFE! (or at least until i get a BETETR job).

blakegman

HSC
N/A
greekgun said:
Suck it up...im 6 foot 1 and im a cashier. And whats even more impressive is that one of our cashiers is 6 foot 5.
Im at least 6"5 maybe even 6"6 so............

Impressed ?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I have been rostered shifts this Tues/Wed and clearly not available as Im interstate. I told the fat manager 2weeks back and she said cool. But guess what, the fat one decided to roster me on anyway

I dont have to replace these do I? (Thinking of doing No-Shows)

(BigW here)

greekgun

HSC
milocole said:
I have been rostered shifts this Tues/Wed and clearly not available as Im interstate. I told the fat manager 2weeks back and she said cool. But guess what, the fat one decided to roster me on anyway

(BigW here)
The way i see it, is that u told the shift mangaer that u couldnt make it and u need time off, and she acknowledged and accepted. If u dont turn up just tell her that u asked her and she said it was cool. They cant to shit otherwise.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
milocole said:

(BigW here)
Probably tell in advance if you have the balls but if u cant be fucked ultimately she will have to accept she fucked up but she will still be cut. Not your fault though, but managersat these sort of places are pretty petty so better to not get on the bad side.

CieL

HSC
milocole said:

(BigW here)
Fucking hell what is wrong with you juniors?!
WTF is so good about doing no shows?!
How hard is it to bloody just call up and tell her that she's rostered you on for two shifts that you've previously asked for off?

You do have to realise that she's got more than one staff she has to acccomodate for and it may have slipped her mind after you told her. After all, it was two weeks ago. I usually remind my manager a couple days before she does the roster because I know she is a bit of a ditz.

Gah. You have no idea how shit on other people no-shows are.. esp if you're understaffed.. Like how I was meant to do a 5 hour shift.. which got extended to an 8hr shift.. in which I only received half the breaks I was meant to have.. and I had to keep running backwards and forwards during my "break" to fix cunts up.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
CieL said:
Fucking hell what is wrong with you juniors?!
WTF is so good about doing no shows?!
How hard is it to bloody just call up and tell her that she's rostered you on for two shifts that you've previously asked for off?

You do have to realise that she's got more than one staff she has to acccomodate for and it may have slipped her mind after you told her. After all, it was two weeks ago. I usually remind my manager a couple days before she does the roster because I know she is a bit of a ditz.

Gah. You have no idea how shit on other people no-shows are.. esp if you're understaffed.. Like how I was meant to do a 5 hour shift.. which got extended to an 8hr shift.. in which I only received half the breaks I was meant to have.. and I had to keep running backwards and forwards during my "break" to fix cunts up.
lol, I will tell them tonight then..
They should just be damn grateful that I could come in tonight. I leave work at 7pm, and then leave home at 8pm for Overseas!

Last edited:

born2b

HSC
milocole said:
lol, I will tell them tonight then..
They should just be damn grateful that I could come in tonight. I leave work at 7pm, and then leave home at 8pm for Overseas!

lol wow...

but doing 'favours' gets you places. you have to do like 3 to get the manager to believe you that you are actually busy...

clearly everyworkplace operates with suckups given the attention.

OT they will never believe you that youre really sick when you call in sick on a fri night or saturday/night .. manager took a guess once that somebody saw me out on a day lol and actually saw me when they didnt.

end rant

random talk ended.

gl

groovygal

HSC
N/A
has neone ever received a gift card cos they improved their scanning rate..or have the highest scanning rate in the store..

CieL

HSC
groovygal said:
has neone ever received a gift card cos they improved their scanning rate..or have the highest scanning rate in the store..
Oh what you guys get that?
If only.. then I'd get one every week =[

[At coles] we only get gift cards if you've scored 100% with the mystery shopper.. in which I've gotten it 3 times =D
I like free moneyz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)