The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Harry778 said:
PISS OFF.

I just found out today that my store is open on New Years day. Thats the gayest thing I have ever herd in my life.
The Cash Office girl said no HAS to do it, so they have to have volenteers or we wont be opening. Good luck with that.
My service manager said it will be a good oppertunity for me to do an open in Supervision...yeah, that will be great, go in hung over. LOL.

Does it get busy on New years day? Hope not.
wouldnt know, this is the first time they've tried opening on New Years Day apart from stores in tourist areas. it sucks. i too have to work in office, because nobody else can do it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Mark-AJ said:
But if its voluntary only, can't you just tell them to shove it?
theoretically yes, practically no. given what i'll be doing is like...required for basic operation of the store

nice5uy

HSC
hey guys i need some irgent advice should i go back talk to manager and take the job because he told me everythin was good (online, group interview, 2nd interview) until my availability kind of turned him off, the manager wants my availability to be whole day if not tell me a good reason please, btw its for produce assistant its in burwood plaza woolworths
ps. i dont think his gonna call me for the job and it feels impossible to work like tonnes of hours for dem

jas62

HSC
Townie do you know how the checkout forcasting works?? i know it goes oh how much they plan in sales but can you break it down for me more because tonight it was flat out busy it said we only needed 1 operator between 8-10?? bit fucked up we did like 7,000 in thoughs 2 hours between me and i was supervising and my operator

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm not sure tbh, we dont use dynamic rostering at our store, we're too small. all i know is yes, it does go on forcast sales (as well as the resulting customer number forecast) broken down by half hour and previous sales.

all i know is apparantly Workbrain is much better, ask your CSM though, they'll know how it works.

edit: all i can think is that it was unusual for you to do that much sales between 8-10, or they stuffed up the forecast sales for that day.

jas62

HSC
townie said:
i'm not sure tbh, we dont use dynamic rostering at our store, we're too small. all i know is yes, it does go on forcast sales (as well as the resulting customer number forecast) broken down by half hour and previous sales.

all i know is apparantly Workbrain is much better, ask your CSM though, they'll know how it works.
My CSM is gone for another month. I miss her shes been gone for 3weeks she was really sick the place has fallen apart :( . I dont like my 2ic or 3ic such bitches they will kill me tomorrow for not getting the drinks filled checkouts clean and signing off 20minutes late oh well i'm good at arguing with them hehe

edit: Well other weeks i had been getting 2 people to 9/9.30 and this week i get a fucking 8 o'clock i was on a big checkout for 45minutes straight had about 4/5 trollies line up at one stage. Such a fucked up night. Have a duty manager that says he doesnt have time to serve customers because he think his to important!! There is never anyone for express alerts only our STM and one longlife girl eva come and thats during the day. So over it!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
nice5uy said:
hey guys i need some irgent advice should i go back talk to manager and take the job because he told me everythin was good (online, group interview, 2nd interview) until my availability kind of turned him off, the manager wants my availability to be whole day if not tell me a good reason please, btw its for produce assistant its in burwood plaza woolworths
ps. i dont think his gonna call me for the job and it feels impossible to work like tonnes of hours for dem
Upon my attempts to decipher / translate that, I have this to offer:

Inform them of why you can't work full days... if its because you can't be assed to, tell them you study, I dunno what you can tell them once holidays roll around though... why can't you work days?

Burwood Plaza is Area Office... which means that managers there might be more strict on their workers... if someone works at Plaza, confirm or deny that, I'm down the road @ Westfield, our old CSM recently got promoted to Plaza...

ANYWAY.
Ask him what kind of shifts he wants you to do... maybe he means he would like you varying full days (Mondays / Wednesdays one week, Thursdays / Tuesdays one week, etc) I wouldn't know, I've never worked Produce.... but as far as I could tell from working Back Dock, Produce have very early starts cuz of the loads arriving and needing them put out ASAP.

I've rambled a lot and I CBF editing, so heres my main point:
Talk to the Manager, inform him of about 3/4 of the maximum you'll work per week, Managers always try and push you that little bit more... so if you can only work 20 hours a week, say 15 hours, and go from there.

Good Luck with the job.... Heres hoping your future manager won't be a douche like mine is!

Russdog

russell
HSC
townie said:

edit: all i can think is that it was unusual for you to do that much sales between 8-10, or they stuffed up the forecast sales for that day.
the fucks up with your sig, townie? i've been in london for like a month so haven't been to work. is there a new woolworths logo to match the new song or something?

nice5uy

HSC
hey mark aj thanks for advice went all that interview process thingy and he wants me to sacrifice all my resting hours as if he wants me to have no social life, is it worth it i told me him i wanted to wrk from 9-6

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
How many days per week does he want you to work? Ensure you get 2 consecutive days off so your body can recover. If not Saturday and Sunday maybe something like Tuesday/Wednesday etc. You need the first day off to completely relax, and then the second to do recreational stuff etc. That's what I do anyway.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Russdog said:
the fucks up with your sig, townie? i've been in london for like a month so haven't been to work. is there a new woolworths logo to match the new song or something?
yeah, new logo, safeway name is gone too, but it's all being phased in over the next few years.

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
nice5uy said:
hey mark aj thanks for advice went all that interview process thingy and he wants me to sacrifice all my resting hours as if he wants me to have no social life, is it worth it i told me him i wanted to wrk from 9-6
Ok, again I'll try and decipher that...
You need to decide for yourself when you want to rest. Then tell him when your available. If he wants you to work specific hours, attempt to accomodate that with your planned schedule, if it doesnt fit, inform him of when you ARE available. Thats all you can do, don't ever give in just a little to these scummy managers, give in a little, and they'll work you til your dead. Take my word for it, I've been ripped off by these wankers for 4 years.

FFS. Townie, I know morally its a rort, but does my manager have the right to just shove me back into Checkouts with practically no warning? He's a by-the-book asshole who can't understand he's allocating me far too much work for my shifts if he expects me to acknowledge customers. He's two-faced and goes over your head to other managers to sort anything out, forget being sent to another store, he needs a good kick in the face!
Grrrr, yea, I've got the shits with the place, so I'm venting =P
Basically, yea, can he just push me into another department without any notice? Unfortunately due to managerial wankerism, I'm technically still contracted to Checkouts anyway, since they never bothered to fix up my contract or make me a casual when I moved into Liquor a few months back... The thing is, I prefer Liquor to Checkouts because I don't have to deal with as many customers... Gah!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Unfourtunately they can put you in whatever department they like as long as you have the requisite training.

all you can do is try talking to the higher uppers, or transfer to liquor in my store and take my place - i'm in the oppossite position, liquor keeps trying to take me out of checkouts/cashoffice, and i'm totally over liquor now, i'm not even going to take up an offer of 2IC of liquor in another store,

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
What store you at? Not that I'd move... I have a Dan Murphy's within walking distance, and as stupid as it sounds, its the friends I've made at the store that's keeping me there...

jas62

HSC
Another wonderful night at the fresh food people. No staff on tonight yet again!! So over it took over supervising at 5.30 no registers bagged/counted as usual. . . Fucking flat out busy!!! we did sooooooo much money like 30% up on last year 17,000 up on plan after every other day being well ahead of the plan. I fucking hate the plan why can they plan more so we can have the staff. To top everything off nation bank cards werent working for like half an hour got abused by customers who had to go to the bank to get cash out to pay for their groceries. One customer walks in after coming back from the banks
Customer: Where can i pay for my groceries
Me:just come to register 4 and i'll put you through
Customer: This is a joke why can't you do it manually
Me: We cant do it manually
Customer: well my ice-cream has probably melted
Me: Would you like me to get you another one
Customer: No it's alright make sure you tell management that i'm not impressed about having to go to the bank YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT MANUALLY.
Me: ok i'll pass that on have a nice day.

Fucking annoying bitch management couldnt give to shits and you whinge about ur ice-cream i could have gotten you another one why dont you just fuck off and get a life!!
And on top of everything the 3ic of service open this morning and whinge because i didnt get anything clean and the loose stock put away the night before. After i left a note in the communication book saying if i had the staff jobs would get done.
Well she'll have fun tomorrow because it so much worse than the night before hehe 95% of my time tonight i served and there was nothing i could do about it. SOOOOOOO FUCKINNG OVER THEIR SHIT!!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
To Mark-AJ: I'm @ Boronia Park

To jas62: The plan is usually under because it's much better to plan for less money (and in turn wages) and get more than it is to overplan and overspend on wages. Basically the whole store has to conform to a Wages/Sales %, and there is hell to pay if you go over it, underplanning helps to prevent that. it doesnt make for good staff, but it does keep area/regional managers off your back

jas62

HSC
Townie yeah i thought that was the case. One week we had the plan by saturday lunchtime will still had half saturday and sunday to go. Fucking amazing we did like 96 up on plan our store manager was over the moon!! But next week they have plan about 50 less than what we will do this week. We dont have the staff to fill the hours at the moment anyways. We are hopefully getting 6new staff members WOOHOO!!!!!! just hope they last.

Edit: Townie boronia park woolies is it a supermarket or a woolies metro?? whats metro?? if it is. Looks small and crap(no offence) Looks like they could extend it into the field next to it?? or something

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, did you google streetview my store?

Everybody says we should have bought the lot next to us, but we didnt, now it's going to be an aldi eventually.

We are a metro yes, although the store doesnt conform to the original metro idea (lots of pre-prepared meals and such) which kinda died in the ass, so now we're just a small supermarket, 5 aisles + 1 produce aisle + 2 liquor aisles, 270k weekly sales about 50 staff, and only like 7 managers, 10 checkouts (only 8 are used 2 liquor 2 express 3 full service 1 smokeshop). but everybody knows everybody and it;s a good vibe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)