• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

jas62

HSC
grobsh said:
im at frenchs forest, medium size store i guess. what about you?

i'd say they're not getting rid of SSM's, my guess you're in a tiny store that doesnt need one?
I'm from Moree biggest shithole ever probably has the highest theft in the country. My store is one of the bigger smaller stores if that make sense lol. We had a SSM for years and our sales have improved over the last year and yeah we dont have??

grobsh

HSC
jas62 said:
I'm from Moree biggest shithole ever probably has the highest theft in the country. My store is one of the bigger smaller stores if that make sense lol. We had a SSM for years and our sales have improved over the last year and yeah we dont have??
haha i have no clue where that is ..what are your sales like?

nari

HSC
lordtopcat said:
Hmm, we don't have 'service calls' at our store. We just call what we want i.e

Manager to checkout 4; Produce has a call on 950 etc...
lol yahuh our stores the same, though it's very laid back like everyones friends with everyone kinda thing.

grobsh

HSC
KaaN10 said:
Is their a min/max a casual can work at Safeway?
if its the same as woolworths then a casual has to work at least once every 8 weeks unless they're on leave or they must resign. they can work as many hours as they want but over 38 hours in a week attracts overtime, which is not usually authorised by the store manager.

mlee72

HSC
grobsh said:
if its the same as woolworths then a casual has to work at least once every 8 weeks unless they're on leave or they must resign. they can work as many hours as they want but over 38 hours in a week attracts overtime, which is not usually authorised by the store manager.
and if your under 16 and/or still in grade ten then you can only work max 12 hours a week

Pilotman

HSC
Regarding the SSM,

As said they are really easily replaced between the Service Manager, Systems Operator and Cashier they can all do most parts of the job (especially if there were 2 cashiers) and a STM or Store Manager can do the management part of the job.

I've done SSM relief and it's easy as, basically you go over everything the cashiers, service managers and systems do. Sales reports, cash balances, wrappings orders, money investigations, check wages with store manager, magazines (order and sort returns) and donations etc, go over all the checkout reports, HR crap and deal with all the shit from Head office that they send you and product recalls and that was pretty much it. Few other things that it involves but really wasn't hard.

Easiest month of my life :) Deli and Service manager's jobs are harder! Basically they are a paperwork bitch/bastard.

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Although saying that we don't have 'service calls', when it starts raining the store room manager can call a 'Code 5' which means all available staff members must assist in bringing stock inside and/or covering. Very rarely happens as there is usually enough grocery staff out back to cope.

ytrbut

HSC
KaaN10 said:
Really? I worked 17 hours last week and I'm 15/year 9
Indeed. One fifteen year old at our store works a 9 hour day on Saturday and then another 8 on Sunday, so I don't think this is correct.

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
lordtopcat said:
Although saying that we don't have 'service calls', when it starts raining the store room manager can call a 'Code 5' which means all available staff members must assist in bringing stock inside and/or covering. Very rarely happens as there is usually enough grocery staff out back to cope.

What store you at?

jas62

HSC
Hey whats the chances for a department manager going to SSM/STM before running more than one department because i hope my manager moves up so i could possibly move up as well to 2ic of service that would be awesome.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
jas62 said:
Hey whats the chances for a department manager going to SSM/STM before running more than one department because i hope my manager moves up so i could possibly move up as well to 2ic of service that would be awesome.
not a lot, an SSM/STM needs to have run a longlife and a freshfood department at least (so minimum 2) and preferably run all departments at some point (proper training for SSM/STM is to send them to different stores running different departments for a few weeks).

and service probably doesnt count as running a department, cause there's no ordering or stock management or anything

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Anyone seen one of those new Woolworth stores with new entire branding?
There is a store around the corner from me that was build in a 17th Century "shed" and they have converted the store into a Environmentally friendly store. There are all covers that have to go on the freezers, fridges at night apprently to save power, and there is no lights in the store (well, there is a few), cause its all natural light. Its really amaing store though...

Harry778

HSC
PISS OFF.

I just found out today that my store is open on New Years day. Thats the gayest thing I have ever herd in my life.
The Cash Office girl said no HAS to do it, so they have to have volenteers or we wont be opening. Good luck with that.
My service manager said it will be a good oppertunity for me to do an open in Supervision...yeah, that will be great, go in hung over. LOL.

Does it get busy on New years day? Hope not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)