The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

jas62

HSC
Yeah i did look at your store on street view lol. Was wondering why it's such a small trading store for one in sydney now i know. Well my store is 10years old the floor looks like shit, walls needs repainting the checkouts have fallen apart. The buliding started sliding down the hill lol. our refurb has been put off until big w is approved and starts buliding yay hopefully next year before christmas. Our competition coles does 100,000 less than us. We only just got a deli chicken warmer. We get everything last out here in outback oz

jas62

HSC
Mark-AJ said:
Your building started to SLIDE DOWN A HILL?!
Where are ya?!
In moree not really a hill. When they built it they had to build the ground up and yeah didnt do a good job and yeah massive cracks started appearing and yeah wish the whole thing would have gone but no :( they fixed it for now.

nice5uy

HSC
sorry got another question, just out of curiosity how long do woolworths call you back if successful or not after 1 on 1 interview?

brockjock

HSC
N/A
ive done the induction and the buddy shift and i have my first actual shift tomorow where do i report to? Or do i just scan in and check the list on the service desk and start?

yobob

HSC
nice5uy said:
sorry got another question, just out of curiosity how long do woolworths call you back if successful or not after 1 on 1 interview?
mine took 7+ days

nice5uy

HSC
damn dats pretty long wats da hold up anyway do dey look at u in depth or sumthin

HSC
So over work, regional manager came in the other day and it wouldn't bother me except I got downstairs at 7 in the morning (we open at 7.30) and our SM, DM, etc etc were all running around tidying. We're in a small shopping centre, our store has roller doors all at the front for the entry. All of them were open, I was trying to put the money away, bags are on registers and blah blah and the fucking doors are open and customers are coming in so we kept having to turn them away.

I absolutely hate my SM.

mitch179

HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
So over work, regional manager came in the other day and it wouldn't bother me except I got downstairs at 7 in the morning (we open at 7.30) and our SM, DM, etc etc were all running around tidying. We're in a small shopping centre, our store has roller doors all at the front for the entry. All of them were open, I was trying to put the money away, bags are on registers and blah blah and the fucking doors are open and customers are coming in so we kept having to turn them away.

I absolutely hate my SM.
LOL WTF?
Who does that? Opens the roller doors that gives customers entry BEFORE opening time? :p
Your SM sounds like a weirdo.

PSAG

HSC
Hey guys,

This is the first time I have posted here so take it easy on me but I have some questions to ask. I'm currently in the middle of an Accounting degree and I just do not care for academics or Accounting anymore. I cannot see myself finishing the degree.

Anyway, to put some perspective onto the situation, I currently work as an operator at a Petrol site. I'm thinking about progressing further with with Woolies. Not to sound like money rules my life, but what sort of salaries do you think I would be looking at in positions such as 2IC or Manager at either Petrol sites or BWS/Dan Murphy's. I also work behind a bar and have hospitality experience that would help out with the liquor side of things.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I tried going through this thread but there are so many posts!

EDIT: I should probably talk to my manager and HR about the possibilities, yeah?

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Wow that Streetview thing is awesome. What is the biggest woolies store in Aus? Would be interesting to see.

Evolution2006

HSC
Just wondering, how long a replacement discount card takes, i handed in a form to get a replacement and it still hasn't turned up, whats the deal?

HSC
Has anyone else had their hours cut back BADLY?
I have full availability at the moment, and got just three hours next week. I managed to pick up another four hour shift from someone else, but still, its a bit harsh.
Everyone (well casuals anyway) in my store have a similar issue. Is it just the time of year, as they try to save wage money for christmas???

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
My prick of a manager is shoving me back into Checkouts, where I will be working less hours now.... so yea, looks like there are cutbacks!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Evolution2006 said:
Just wondering, how long a replacement discount card takes, i handed in a form to get a replacement and it still hasn't turned up, whats the deal?
oh! oh! how did you get 1, because my card is almost dead

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
also, PSAG, most 2IC's are non-salaried and therefore are EBA staff, not sure how much Petrol/BWS pays, but a 2IC of a woolworths department would be on $677.41 before tax.

Salaried Employees earn anywhere from 750 p.w. to 1500 p.w. in my experience + christmas bonuses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)