The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Are BigW Manager's just scum arseholes around other stores as well???. I got a "Warning slip" today because the back of my shirt wasn't tucked in. The front was though, all the way, just the back somehow wasnt. Then I got all the threats about doing the right thing..blah....blah. For christ sake, the one time in my 10month BigW career, that my shirt drops down and I get abused about(well I did roll my eyes at her..). Mabye its just all Manager's hatrid towards the "Recovery Associate", we all seem to cop alot of shit as recovery staff, and we always get pushed around, yelled at, and nobody ever says "good job", even when the State Manager said that Recovery was 120% to the manager in my area....We had 2 recovery guys quit last week cause they were sick if all the shit, which made the managers all angry cause Toys had lost two recovery people, and its a fucken mess now..

Ah well, You just gotta hate managers these days...

Last edited:

Roga

HSC
When I applied a year ago for Longlife position, I didn't have to go through the group assessment process. My process went:

Interview with longlife manager then induction. It seemed that they really needed people and skipped me straight to the interview. Was I just lucky?

HSC
Roga said:
When I applied a year ago for Longlife position, I didn't have to go through the group assessment process. My process went:

Interview with longlife manager then induction. It seemed that they really needed people and skipped me straight to the interview. Was I just lucky?
Well I only had a group interview. Then two days later the HR Officer rang me to ask if I'd be willing to work at a different store to the one I had applied for. When I said yes, she offered me the job straight away.
I guess sometimes you just get lucky.

MjM2

HSC
How long does it take them to give you your first shift?

I finished induction last Thursday, although I still need to do the in-store one. I called my store on Tuesday and they said they'd call back, and I'm still waiting.

kokodamonkey

HSC
MjM2 said:

I finished induction last Thursday, although I still need to do the in-store one. I called my store on Tuesday and they said they'd call back, and I'm still waiting.
if i was you i'd call them again.

MjM2

HSC
kokodamonkey said:
if i was you i'd call them again.
Yep did that again yesterday, this time asking for the store manager instead of my department manager. He said he would talk to my department manager. Still waiting for a call back.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
MjM2 said:

If I were you, I would actually go in to your store and talk to your manager. Phones are not always the best form of communication.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

babikakez said:
Give it another week or two maybe.
I am an international student, is it hard to get a job at BIGW , Woolworths and Coles?

What do the usually look for? I dont think I have any problems with language cause I speak 5 languages.

I have 18 months experience in the garden department where I had an admin role, also seeking new partners for the firm I was working, but now is bankrupted...:(
I also got the RSA , food hygiene and food & beverage certificates, do they help at all? just looking for a permanent part-time:D

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Not really hard, sometimes it can be a bit of hit and miss depending upon when you are applying and when they need staff.

Apply for liquor, especially since you have RSA.

Just make sure that you've got relevant documentation of your right to work in Australia, and take that to any interviews.

rachana12

HSC
hey guys,
10% off at dicksmith on 4th dec. and 18th dec.(not sure abt date) coming soon.
but i haven't got my staff discount card yet.:mad:

really sad..........

HSC
rachana12 said:
hey guys,
10% off at dicksmith on 4th dec. and 18th dec.(not sure abt date) coming soon.
but i haven't got my staff discount card yet.:mad:

really sad..........
Next time you work, check in with your cash office. Sometimes your card may be there and they just haven't let you know yet.
It might not be, but its worth a try.

asdads333

Hey my first in store induction as a deli assistant is on Wednesday. I turn 21 on Saturday but because they accepted my application when i was 20 the HR lady who hired me said that unfortunately she had to give me a 20 year old pay rate. So i was wondering when do i get my 21 year old pay rate? Or did she mean that she only had to write my wages as a 20 year old on the acceptance letter that i had to sign.

Also can anyone give me some info on what its like working as a new deli assistant and what are the bad/good parts compared to the other jobs. I just heard that since your working with fish/meat all day you probably going to smell which is what i really hate but i guess i can deal with it since the pay seems alright.

One last thing, during the induction they told me to fill in the forms for Rest superannuation and i was wondering does this take from your weekly pay? and if so is it worth having it?

Last edited by a moderator:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Rest supperannuation is contributed by woolies. Although, if you want, you can contribute to the fund as well. As for the deli question, i'll write down about it later on because i've gotta go to work in 30mins. =p (and yes, i'm a deli assistant)

rachana12

HSC
Next time you work, check in with your cash office. Sometimes your card may be there and they just haven't let you know yet.
It might not be, but its worth a try.

yeah,i did.but it was not there.but i'll try again around 4th dec.
n one more thing,i have my 6th week assesment 2day....
so what is all about??
reply fast guys plz.....:guitar:

langlece

HSC
asmums said:
Hey my first in store induction as a deli assistant is on Wednesday. I turn 21 on Saturday but because they accepted my application when i was 20 the HR lady who hired me said that unfortunately she had to give me a 20 year old pay rate. So i was wondering when do i get my 21 year old pay rate? Or did she mean that she only had to write my wages as a 20 year old on the acceptance letter that i had to sign.

Also can anyone give me some info on what its like working as a new deli assistant and what are the bad/good parts compared to the other jobs. I just heard that since your working with fish/meat all day you probably going to smell which is what i really hate but i guess i can deal with it since the pay seems alright.
You'll start getting paid 21 year old rates once you turn 21 on Saturday, that's how it always works with birthdays. I hope you aren't working on your birthday though!!

I'm mainly a service person, but I have done a few shifts in Deli. From what I've seen it's actually a good department because everyone has to pull their own weight and there isn't any room for slackers, which is my biggest peeve. I've never ended up smelling too bad, but you get some killer hat hair!! Plus there's always something to do, so you won't get bored, plus there's variety in what you're doing, which service doesn't have much of.

HSC
rachana12 said:
n one more thing,i have my 6th week assesment 2day....
so what is all about??
reply fast guys plz.....:guitar:
The assessment will have already been done, and your manager will just talk you through the results. It just looks at things like uniform, punctuality, how you interact with customers, the work you're doing etc. It's just another step in your probation.

asdads333

langlece said:
You'll start getting paid 21 year old rates once you turn 21 on Saturday, that's how it always works with birthdays. I hope you aren't working on your birthday though!!

I'm mainly a service person, but I have done a few shifts in Deli. From what I've seen it's actually a good department because everyone has to pull their own weight and there isn't any room for slackers, which is my biggest peeve. I've never ended up smelling too bad, but you get some killer hat hair!! Plus there's always something to do, so you won't get bored, plus there's variety in what you're doing, which service doesn't have much of.
Hey thnx for the replies everyone.

Sorry i didn't make it clear, what i meant was that my birthday was Saturday and my first instore induction is next Wednesday so technically i don't start work with woolies till Wednesday. So do i tell the cash officer that i should be getting a 21 yr old rate of pay on my first instore induction?

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
asmums said:
Hey thnx for the replies everyone.

Sorry i didn't make it clear, what i meant was that my birthday was Saturday and my first instore induction is next Wednesday so technically i don't start work with woolies till Wednesday. So do i tell the cash officer that i should be getting a 21 yr old rate of pay on my first instore induction?
You'll automatically get paid the correct rate. I remember townie saying that each week the office cashier prints a list of the people who have had birthdays and need pay rates changing. So for your company induction you'll get paid at the 20yo rate, everything else will be now at the adult rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)