The Woolworths Thread (10 Viewers)

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Refurb avoiding would have been great. It's the most annoying thing. In checkouts I assume its not too bad but in longlife/nightfill when you have to work around refurb noobs who have nfi it's frustrating.

We didn't get self-serve checkouts. But we were one of the first in Australia to get the refurb (18 months-2 years ago) and they were still umming and ahhing about it. Checkouts don't miss them at all - they are more trouble than they are worth.

ytrbut

HSC
Townie and others,

I was just wondering, say an employee wishes to transfer departments, the new department manager agrees/wants it to happen, the Store Manager is happy for it to happen, yet the current department manager disagrees, what the procedure is?

Is it a case of two weeks wait after the decision is made to approve the transfer before the switch actually happens (ie. the same period that would be required to resign and then get re-employed), rather than an immediate transfer? Can it go ahead even if the current department manager disagrees, or due to his/her objection would the employee need to resign to free themselves of the disagreement?

Thanks in advance.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Townie and others,

I was just wondering, say an employee wishes to transfer departments, the new department manager agrees/wants it to happen, the Store Manager is happy for it to happen, yet the current department manager disagrees, what the procedure is?

Is it a case of two weeks wait after the decision is made to approve the transfer before the switch actually happens (ie. the same period that would be required to resign and then get re-employed), rather than an immediate transfer? Can it go ahead even if the current department manager disagrees, or due to his/her objection would the employee need to resign to free themselves of the disagreement?

Thanks in advance.
i dont think there are any concrete procedures.

An "official" (at least for the purposes or record keeping and admin) change of department simply requires two items to be changed in PAYMAS by the office cashier.

in reality, unless the department manager has massive clout (with say area/regional HR), the store manager should be able to authorise any such change for EBA employees (salaried staff changes require going through both the Area HR for non dept managers salaried staff and regional for department managers, and also communicating the change to NPO)

but obviously, if the other dept manager is kicking up a fuss, the store manager would have to be pro-active in bringing about the change, if this isnt going to happen, try getting on the good side of the Office Cashier, after all, they end up doing the rosters.

ytrbut

HSC
Thanks for that, Townie. Much appreciated. Next shift should a very interesting one, indeed :)

One last question: I need to order a new Woolworths vest (the black one with the embroidered logo), because my current one's looking very worn and sad. Do new clothing purchases come with the new green logo on them, or the old horizontal lines one? If it's the old one, anyone have any ideas how long until new clothing purchases feature the new logo? (Trying to work out if I should wait or not.)

Last edited:
HSC
Has any other stores replaced their farmers (can't remember what its called) appeal tins with bushfire ones? We did yesterday and got a ridiculous amount of money. Well compared to what we usually get for that kind of thing. One lady did a 4 hour shift, asked every customer, and raised over $500.

grobsh

HSC
Has any other stores replaced their farmers (can't remember what its called) appeal tins with bushfire ones? We did yesterday and got a ridiculous amount of money. Well compared to what we usually get for that kind of thing. One lady did a 4 hour shift, asked every customer, and raised over $500.
Yeah it was in Natcom on Tuesday morning, all stores should have done it by now. You're even supposed to be announcing it over the PA every hour or so.

Pilotman

HSC
lol at the oven a couple pages back, ours done the EXACT same thing, Ours made a very loud bang and blew the crap out of all the panels and actually bent the door.

Upper management never told us exactly what happened. That happended 2 years ago though, first store to have it happen and as Townie said happened at a few stores since!

Also suprised woolies doens't do another famers appeal and go together with coles and donate their profits on friday.........for the bushfires.

ItsColinoOo0o

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

sigh I applied on the WOW career page last Saturday and then this Monday i check. The job was re advertised, same shit but different job number and etc.

Its being like 5 days and I haven't got an email or a call from woolies... should I call them next Monday?

HSC
Also suprised woolies doens't do another famers appeal and go together with coles and donate their profits on friday.........for the bushfires.
Personally, I think this would have been a much better idea - the farmer thing is going to go by pretty much unnoticed.

We've got both our farmer tins and our bushfire tins (which were fresh food kids tins) out. Its pretty poor to have both, IMO.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
supervisors should always wear the green vests. at my old store even the casual supervisors who did like two shifts on the weekend wore them. they used to keep ill-fitting spare ones in the office and stuff as well.

i got my supper privileges back at my new store after the csm watched me for a bit, then she left to another store and the 3IC who was in charge for like 5 days took them off me immediately because " i didn't know they layout of the store". like not knowing what aisle the mi goreng is in stops me from doing some overrides or whatevs. but then this other supervisor was bitching about how she was on a power trip.

understatement of the century. oh. so. rude. she doesn't talk she barks. and she barks over the top of you. msdbaf maaaahhh.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
oh i just got a wave of guilt for talkin shit about woolworths when considering what people are going through in Vic....

but i guess thats how the human mind works, its hard to feel what we don't see.

Harry778

HSC
Whats the biggest Woolworths in Australia? I know the second biggest one is Town Hall in Sydney. It has like 2 floors or something? According to my STM.

Imagine the biggest one? :O
I would like to go there.

Is anybody elses store radio not working? Mine hasn't been playing for weeks!!
It's so annoying..!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
oh i just got a wave of guilt for talkin shit about woolworths when considering what people are going through in Vic....

but i guess thats how the human mind works, its hard to feel what we don't see.
become an office cashier, then you can just give urself numbers!

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Whats the biggest Woolworths in Australia? I know the second biggest one is Town Hall in Sydney. It has like 2 floors or something? According to my STM.

Imagine the biggest one? :O
I would like to go there.

Is anybody elses store radio not working? Mine hasn't been playing for weeks!!
It's so annoying..!
The woolworths in Rumble mall in Adelaide has two levels as well. They also have a "snack department" and a Photo processing department..yep...in Wooloworths this is!

Quite a different Woollies it is, anyone else been to it?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
does anyone have any photos? how could a supermarket possibly be so big, i mean what is larger about this store compared to all the others? what layout does it work on (ie entrance on top level, exit on bottom level or are there registers on both levels?

ytrbut

HSC
The woolworths in Rumble mall in Adelaide has two levels as well. They also have a "snack department" and a Photo processing department..yep...in Wooloworths this is!

Quite a different Woollies it is, anyone else been to it?
Yeah, it's a bit trashy imho. Needs the refurb done, plus their freshies look...well, not fresh at all. Nothing the employees can do about it, it's just old and rundown generally.

HSC
Yeah I saw the Natcom thing yesterday, we haven't done any announcements... Yeah the farmers thing really is going by unnoticed. Did 10.30-7.30 today and it was dead the whole time, hasn't been that quiet for months. Couldn't work out why then realised alot of people are saving their shopping for tomorrow at Coles, I hope they're prepared lol the one in our town is usually dead so I hope they have staff tomorrow...

HSC
Don't worry, Coles are prepared.
Walked past my local coles about 11am today - every checkout was open, one person scanning one person packing, with horrible lines into the aisles that would have made it impossible to move.
I'm working later, hope we're dead. Last night we had a really quiet night as well.

Harry778

HSC
I wear the green vest whenever I'm supervising and i'm only 16. Even though i'm never the main supervisor. I'm always back up. It never used to be like that till we got our new manager. He said all supervisors have to ware the green vest. Only on the week end though. Don't know why??

Some one told me that smoke shop operators are going to get a blue vest to ware, the same as the supervisor ones, just blue. Not like the easy banking ones LOL. Cos smoke shop is kind of like supervision in a way. It's where you learn to be a supervisor I guess.
I dont know...

MjM2

HSC
I'm going to resign from my job. Anyone know what the procedure is and what I should do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)