The Woolworths Thread (34 Viewers)

HSC
回复: Re: The Woolworths Thread

So many people are resigning lately, why? I thought at this time people would want to be staying with their jobs, not deciding to leave them.

SpongeHead

HSC
Today was the busiest day we've had since Christmas, no joke. I don't know why but when it rains, people would rather go to the shops than stay at home, rugged up, watching TV haha

Anyway we ran out of receipt rolls at midday... I was on the self-serve checkouts and couldn't find one register with any spare rolls. Even the unused registers/printers were ransacked for any spare rolls. In the end, my CSM had to go to Big W and ask them to give us a few rolls. What kind of shop runs out of receipt paper?? :S

alannah144

HSC
i work at big w which is part of woolworths ... i been their for a yr and a half doing nightfill so much fun.... dont have 2 deal with people much.... i got abuse over a sign....

im suck of all the good managers leaving.......

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Whats the biggest Woolworths in Australia? I know the second biggest one is Town Hall in Sydney. It has like 2 floors or something? According to my STM.

Imagine the biggest one? :O
I would like to go there.

Is anybody elses store radio not working? Mine hasn't been playing for weeks!!
It's so annoying..!
Town Hall has three levels from memory. You enter from the middle floor, and produce/perishables is on the lower floor and non-food items are on the upper floor. Food items and other push lines are on the middle floor.

In terms of size though, it is undoubtedly smaller than most Woolworths', even if it is over three levels. Obviously with land values so high they had no choice but to build up/down. They have no normal registers either, just 32 express checkouts.

langlece

HSC
I wear the green vest whenever I'm supervising and i'm only 16. Even though i'm never the main supervisor. I'm always back up. It never used to be like that till we got our new manager. He said all supervisors have to ware the green vest. Only on the week end though. Don't know why??
Really? They let you supervise at 16? I had to wait until I was 18, but maybe that's because we're such a massive store. I think we're the biggest in Victoria, but I'm not too sure.
I'm at Camberwell and we've been pretty relaxed about the green vests until fairly recently when we've got both a new manager and 2ic in the space of a week. They're still not super strict on it, but they're making everyone get vests.

Anyone at Safeway St Kilda? Just randomly?

danberg

HSC
totally agree. ever since christmas we have been so unbelievably busy on every single saturday. every saturday since christmas we have had every single register open all day and still queues form! what economic crisis?!?!?
We've been too busy too- just crazy! I actually thought it would've been quiet-ish the Saturday after the Coles thing on Friday, but NO!

Interesting thing i noticed in Coles' ad in the paper (well done on $5million btw) was that the guy in the photo had the really old 'Orb' logo on his name badge, his shirt was the slightly newer 'tick' logo, and the ad had the new logo (of nothing but the name)- talk about an identity crisis! (u'd think someone would have noticed for the photoshoot, and publishing it in all the papers...but no)-gives me a little more confidence in our management.

Steppenwolf

HSC
Speaking of Vests, does anyone know where i can buy a black one to wear over my uniform? can it be done through the store like shirts, or is this a thing i have to hunt for myself? :D

MjM2

HSC
Actually, how do department transfers work? I want to transfer to front end and yeah, what do I need to do?

Harry778

HSC
Really? They let you supervise at 16? I had to wait until I was 18, but maybe that's because we're such a massive store. I think we're the biggest in Victoria, but I'm not too sure.
I'm at Camberwell and we've been pretty relaxed about the green vests until fairly recently when we've got both a new manager and 2ic in the space of a week. They're still not super strict on it, but they're making everyone get vests.

Anyone at Safeway St Kilda? Just randomly?
Yes I started a couple of months ago. First I was on smoke shop, kind of like the 2IC of smoke shop, only me and the other girl have RF gun numbers to do discrepancies. The my CSM was like 'Hey you wanna start supervising'? so I was like ok. He's pretty kool, he's like 26 and a manager already!
But yeah, every weekend and sometimes in the week. My store is average to big, 8 express, 18 main stream registers 2 smoke shop and 2 liquor=30 registers all together!

I was also wondering, my store always had 2 people on smoke shop except monday and tuesday. first person 6-15, second person 8-13, than 15-22.30 and other person 13-20. It's always busy on smoke shop, if there was only 1 it would always be empty. Does anyone else have 2 smoke shop ppl?

Steppenwolf

HSC
anyone know where i can get a black vest for woolys...?? anyone...anyone at all? :eek:

Harry778

HSC
there should be order forms somewhere in your staff room. I know there are two separate forms for the shirts and another one for jumpers, vests, pants, they still have the old ties and scarves on there too, don't know why? If you cant find one just ask the cash office or your dept manager. Thats what I did. The vests are cool.

ytrbut

HSC
Re: black vests, just buy plain ones from Target - $24 in the Mens section. I've found stock a little intermittent over here in SA, but every now and then when I walk in they have my size (Small) - most of the time they have some M's and L's in stock, but S's seem to be the most popular.

You can just wear your namebadge on it and Management won't care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)