The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

mr_robato

HSC
Query: I've applied about half a dozen times (no exaggeration) to Woolworths (yep made the profile over and again), and never been contacted whilst at the same time watched bimbos and bogans apply online and get that job at the very woolworths branch I had on my preference list.

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Query: I've applied about half a dozen times (no exaggeration) to Woolworths (yep made the profile over and again), and never been contacted whilst at the same time watched bimbos and bogans apply online and get that job at the very woolworths branch I had on my preference list.
If you don't like bogans and bimbos i suggest you cancel your application.

I know for a fact that townie wears g-strings and pink ugg boots to the supermarket and that babikakez drives a hot pink Hyundai Excel.

Last edited:
HSC
If you don't like bogans and bimbos i suggest you cancel your application.

I know for a fact that townie wears g-strings and pink ugg boots to the supermarket and that babikakez drives a hot pink Hyundai Excel.
LOL I'm sigging this.

I wish I drove a hot pink Hyundai Excel, but I have to be content with red :(

In all seriousness though, creating a profile does nothing. You have to apply for SPECIFIC positions as they become available on the website.

mr_robato

HSC
LOL I'm sigging this.

I wish I drove a hot pink Hyundai Excel, but I have to be content with red :(

In all seriousness though, creating a profile does nothing. You have to apply for SPECIFIC positions as they become available on the website.

Point taken. Understood.

Thanks for not yoddling babi. :)

Robato.

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Point taken. Understood.

Thanks for not yoddling babi. :)

Robato.
Apologies. In contribution, yes a guy at my school reckons he's applied to my store like three times and never heard anything, while we've hired heaps of people.

Wow, i feel so honoured to be sigged! Thankyou *gushes*

adistar85us

HSC
Townie, have some more questions:

are managers moved around different stores involuntarily (meaning thy cant refuse a move,if it happens)?

Why are some managers tried for different positions? One of our previous managers has gone from managing the deli, bakery, perishables and grocery in different locations.

Can managers request to be transferred into another management role i.e from bakery to grocery?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
-managers cannot refuse to be moved to another store in the area group (i suppose the whole region, but i doubt this would ever happen), managers are employed by the Regional Office, not by the store, so they work whether they are told more or less but they can negotiate for a pay increase as a result of a move.
-store management training requires managers to manage every department, this is usually why this happens.
-they could, but i cant see any reason it would happen unless say they were moving from a department with a surplus of managers to a department with a shortage of managers

adistar85us

HSC
ok.

is there a certain time cycle to how long they stay in a particular store? I've seen some managers stay for long periods in my old store while some leave really quick.

In my newly opened store one department has already gone through 3 managers in 2 months, why did this happen? (previous ones could''t fulfill the duty or were they being trained because the former two had no experience in the said department?)

How do they handpick managers to transfer from store to store? I mean there's heaps of managers to choose from from different stores to be moved into a new one. Is it based on ability?

you sure its usually training policy as to why some managers jump from managing deli, bakery etc? Or is it because you werent suited for the role? From what Ive seen if your transferred to another store you usually retain your former department?

Last edited:

Llamaland

HSC
Hey I don't know if anyone can answer this but I used to work at Woolies until about April this year.
Will my group certificate be mailed to me or will I be expected to return to my store to collect it?
I was really hoping to do my tax soon as I need to buy my uni textbooks with the money I would be getting back.

grobsh

HSC
so why do we have store managers that have no clue about frontend?

SMT only requires a manager to work in a longlife department and a fresh department, for an extended period. Of course, during the SMT process you have to work in every department for 2 weeks, but realistically, you wouldnt learn too much.

The latest initiative, in region 8 anyway, is on the completion of SMT, you must take a role as an SSM, then STM, and then finally a store manager. After being an SSM you should have a pretty decent understanding of how frontend works.

HSC
fuck. i have no hours next week. anywhere. :vcross:

The latest initiative, in region 8 anyway, is on the completion of SMT, you must take a role as an SSM, then STM, and then finally a store manager. After being an SSM you should have a pretty decent understanding of how frontend works.
not in my store...the manager doesn't even know how to put a cash transaction through.

Oliver04

HSC
Guys, I've been applying at woolworths for ages.

It's really frustrating. I have some experience as a waiter at a Chinese restaurant and some awesome marks, extra curricular and references but I never get so much as an interview.

Am I basically too old for them to be interested?

pokerchoker

HSC

It's really frustrating. I have some experience as a waiter at a Chinese restaurant and some awesome marks, extra curricular and references but I never get so much as an interview.

As said earlier make sure you're applying for specific positions at specific stores and not just putting up profiles. I doubt you're too old, I didn't work at Woolies until I turned 30.

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A

I applied for Woolworths also and included specific stores and the locations, and yet it's not that I don't get an interview, but that I don't even get a reply. Kind of frustrating when I'm really desperate to find work and balance Uni at the same time and Coles and Woolworths don't seem to be hiring. I think it was just my luck to apply when the global economy was tanking. :p

Craven

HSC
How do they handpick managers to transfer from store to store? I mean there's heaps of managers to choose from from different stores to be moved into a new one. Is it based on ability?
haha... this is woolworths, it's all about who you know and who licks the most ass. :) but theres generally a clear hierarchy in the stores in the area group i.e. our current store manager is a shoe-in for next area manager, hah.. but the woolworths way is very hush hush :)

adistar85us

HSC
haha... this is woolworths, it's all about who you know and who licks the most ass. :) but theres generally a clear hierarchy in the stores in the area group i.e. our current store manager is a shoe-in for next area manager, hah.. but the woolworths way is very hush hush :)
do explain this a bit more please, its gotten my curiosity peaked.

does this involve ahem effing around?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)