The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Also, a lady once yelled at me because I touched her credit card when I picked it up to check her signature. She snatched it out of my hand and went on about how it's "her property". I said "Ok then, I won't touch it now... Umm, how am I meant to see the card when you hide it behind your finger?? *Pause - she looks at me as if to say don't* As you would understand, this leads me to believe you are forging someone's signature, so I just need to check it out, I am sorry, but it is a requirement". She then accused me of trying to steal her card, then she said that is not how we do it in Melbourne. I told her where she was, the guy standing behind her told her to back to where she came from (ROFLMFAO). Here's the kicker, she turned to walk away. She had taken my pen with her. I told her, the guy next in line pissed himself, and she came back red faced to return it to me.
lmfao.

I know we're all about Customer Service, but I love screwing with customers, especially the rude ones. The best is when someone tells me for example "That lettuce is $1 cheaper across the road" I usually reply with "That's nice, be sure you buy lots!"

I'm always careful not to do it in a rude way though because the last thing I want is a complaint on my hands.

Craven

HSC
yoddle, i've never tried it before, and not sure if it is possible, but can you tender swap EFT for Cash

(e.g. incorrect amounts $80 EFT, correct amount $80 Cash), that SHOULD -$80 on the EFT card, and then add $80 back to the drawer, but not sure if possible to do that
it probably won't work. won't it say the tender needs to be the same value? EDIT: nevermind, I had a blonde moment then and didn't read what you said properly, lol. theoretically it could work lol.

anyways, i've had that happened before even after i've confirmed with them what they want so it's really their fault (especially since they haven't checked the value being charged to the card, i know i always do when i'm shopping). so i just give them the extra cash and tell them there's nothing we can do, it's not like they can have much the grumble about, their money is just in a new form... omg!

lol, yeah, i hate when people tell me it's cheaper somewhere else.. i'm just like "well, why didn't you buy it there?" lol they must think we match prices or something...

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
It shit's me when customers go "these are on special for xxxx", and they make it KNOWN before you scan any.. It's like.... "and..? tell me if it doesnt come up cheaper after scanned, not before" grr..

Otacon2009

HSC
Yes! For the love of god STOP SAYING THAT! WAIT UNTIL AFTER AFTER AFTER I scan the item. Though, it never ceases to amaze me that a certain number of customers fail basic maths and start whinging about multibuy deductions and I have to explain that they have to reach a certain number of items and then AFTER that, the computer makes the deduction, providing it's the right item. God customers can be so impatient.

SS-champion

HSC
yoddle, i've never tried it before, and not sure if it is possible, but can you tender swap EFT for Cash

(e.g. incorrect amounts $80 EFT, correct amount $80 Cash), that SHOULD -$80 on the EFT card, and then add $80 back to the drawer, but not sure if possible to do that
yes it does work!

MissMadiD

HSC
I got call from HR saying that I had a job last Tuesday and that my induction papers would be in at my local store on the weekend.
On the Monday morning I went in to the store and they weren't there.

Do I need them before the induction or can I do the paper work on the day/after?

HSC
I got call from HR saying that I had a job last Tuesday and that my induction papers would be in at my local store on the weekend.
On the Monday morning I went in to the store and they weren't there.

Do I need them before the induction or can I do the paper work on the day/after?
The EXACT same thing happened to me. You can fill in the forms at induction, just tell the HR people there your store didn't have the forms.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
anyways, i've had that happened before even after i've confirmed with them what they want so it's really their fault (especially since they haven't checked the value being charged to the card, i know i always do when i'm shopping). so i just give them the extra cash and tell them there's nothing we can do, it's not like they can have much the grumble about, their money is just in a new form... omg!
The hypothetical customer in question may have had direct debits coming out of her account the next day, so she needed money in that account in electronic form and didn't have time to go to the bank. And in this case it was the operator's fault.

It shit's me when customers go "these are on special for xxxx", and they make it KNOWN before you scan any.. It's like.... "and..? tell me if it doesnt come up cheaper after scanned, not before" grr..
I hate that so much. Old people do it all the time.
Once I had a customer who said "There you go" (with the 'go' being high-pitched) for every single item he took out of his basket and put on the counter. Oh my god it was so annoying.

Hmhmhmh. I kind of get what you're talking about put I'm tired so i kind of don't.

gibberish86

HSC
Hi, quick question... I've been working at woolies since April (in nightfill), the only time off I've asked for during this time was 3 nights - the nights before each of my exams. I'm in my frst year of uni and would really like to go home for the whole summer - have a summer job at home lined up. Would I be able to ask for 3 whole months off? Or would I be made to quit my job and reapply in February when I got back here? Is this reasonable to ask for the whole summer off?

I know some people who only work during uni breaks so I think it should be fair for me to ask for this time off.

Thanks for any replies

bouncingCats

HSC
Also, a lady once yelled at me because I touched her credit card when I picked it up to check her signature. She snatched it out of my hand and went on about how it's "her property". I said "Ok then, I won't touch it now... Umm, how am I meant to see the card when you hide it behind your finger?? *Pause - she looks at me as if to say don't* As you would understand, this leads me to believe you are forging someone's signature, so I just need to check it out, I am sorry, but it is a requirement". She then accused me of trying to steal her card, then she said that is not how we do it in Melbourne. I told her where she was, the guy standing behind her told her to back to where she came from (ROFLMFAO). Here's the kicker, she turned to walk away. She had taken my pen with her. I told her, the guy next in line pissed himself, and she came back red faced to return it to me.

I tend to pick up/hold a customers credit card because some customers put it back into their wallets after they swipe/insert their cards. It's good to check (some operators don't) cause about 3 weeks ago, I didnt put through a sale to some man who tried to buy $200 in recharge with a skimmed card. His signature matched the card but the number on the signature/confirmation slip didn’t match the card he used. He figured out that I was sus about his card and he just snatched it off me and walked off. i told the superv and she goes “Why didn’t you call a service 100!?”

HSC
Hi, quick question... I've been working at woolies since April (in nightfill), the only time off I've asked for during this time was 3 nights - the nights before each of my exams. I'm in my frst year of uni and would really like to go home for the whole summer - have a summer job at home lined up. Would I be able to ask for 3 whole months off? Or would I be made to quit my job and reapply in February when I got back here? Is this reasonable to ask for the whole summer off?

I know some people who only work during uni breaks so I think it should be fair for me to ask for this time off.

Thanks for any replies
good luck with that! imo, this is something you should have discussed months ago.
unfortunately i dont know if they will be that sympathetic.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC

Thanks for any replies
You want to apply for 3 months off over Summer? And you haven't even discussed this with anyone and/or filled in any leave applications? Your manager will most likely laugh at you, afterall it is a business. There are some people at my store who only work during Uni breaks, but they have leave applications in months before they want time off. You probably should have put your leave application in around June/July.

You could take a chance and leave/re apply but I doubt you'll be guaranteed there will be a position available

DM Mike

HSC
I concur with the folks that said you should have been talking about this months ago..

However, I think the best chance you have is to be honest, say youve got the opportunity to go home for the summer and would like the time off if possible, the one thing in your favour is the time of year, all the school and uni kids will be after hours so they may be receptive to it, especially if your replacable with someone cheaper. If they say yes, all the better for you, if they say no you have a decision to make...

If they make you quit and reapply, id be reading more into that. I wouldnt assume youll get a job once you get back, if your casual you may be able not work for 3 months (I think to stay on the books you have to work 1 shift in a 3 month period), if your PPT they can approve a leave of absence or put you to causal for the time, so there are ways they can do it if they want to keep you...

And just a Hi to everyone, long time lurker (of this thread) first time poster :)

Last edited:

rose2

HSC
Hi everyone,

I got mystery shopped last month..Fuck my CSM called me 2day in the office..
She told me that i had some positive impression and some negative..
Positive includes making eye contact,friendly,enthusiastic..:)
And fuckin negative things are that i didn't ask for everyday rewards card and my name badge was not visible...also there were 4 people waiting in the queue(which is not my fault i think)
But my CSM said that don't worry i m happy wid your customer service..:headbang:
We had worse result last time with other operator..

Have any of you guys experienced such kind of mystery shopping?or u guys got 100%??
Is it anything to worry about??(just wondering)...
Thanks guys...

HSC
Hi everyone,

I got mystery shopped last month..Fuck my CSM called me 2day in the office..
She told me that i had some positive impression and some negative..
Positive includes making eye contact,friendly,enthusiastic..:)
And fuckin negative things are that i didn't ask for everyday rewards card and my name badge was not visible...also there were 4 people waiting in the queue(which is not my fault i think)
But my CSM said that don't worry i m happy wid your customer service..:headbang:
We had worse result last time with other operator..

Have any of you guys experienced such kind of mystery shopping?or u guys got 100%??
Is it anything to worry about??(just wondering)...
Thanks guys...
Everyday Rewards seems to be a ballbreaker thing at the moment. A few weeks ago our HR officer was doing Phase 2 training with a new operator, and brought her downstairs to let her watch someone use the checkout for five mins or so. I was on express, someone came through with a newspaper and a bread roll, I didn't ask for everyday rewards, and the HR officer says to the trainee (loud enough so I could hear) "except she SHOULD have asked for edr".
I was like, for a newspaper and a bread roll, a 1.90 transaction??? FFS the whole thing is ridiculous.

I agree with the queue thing though - thats at store level, not your individual fault. Unless of course you have a slow scanning rate, which should have been brought up then anyway.

DM Mike

HSC
Thats by no means a bad wrap, like you say the queue is largely out of your control, a mystery shopper will say that it was due to operator slowness if that was the case. The name badge is easily fixable. EDR is annoying I know, but if thats the worst they picked up with you you should be pretty happy I would think...

BSammy

HSC
i think the criteria for long queues is if the line is short, good marks
if the line is longer than their set allowable length, and the supervisor at least tries to get another line open, good marks
if the supervisor doesn't care, bad marks.

no reflection on you.

we got 100% a little while back. mind you, not having EDR is awesome. yay for tassie woolworths. we're already used to our customer rewards system.

rose2

HSC
Thanks everyone for your reply.
well i am one of the fastest operator in my store..so it is not a issue..
I was concerned about EDR and name badge...Thats it..well i don't think its anything to worry about..
Thanx guys..

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
you fail the mystery shopper part about ques if there is more than 1 customer waiting, unless an express alert/more people are called to registers, the whole criteria is up on Storenet now.

We got ours back for last month, pretty good except 2 people waiting (so fail there) and no EDR, we got a 7 on how likely you are to reccomend store.

fucking hell though, they've suddenly started massively pushing everyday mobile, and now the MPL has to be FIFTY-EIGHT! for the sim cards

tinytoken

HSC
Hi.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I used this thread as research before deciding to work at Woolies :haha:. I don't suppose anyone works at the MacArthur store in Brisbane?

Regards,
Michael.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)