• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I think the problem is that our forum is based on store-level issues whereas NC8000 obviously sees things from behind-the-scenes, so a clashing of perspectives has occured.

However the patronising tone of his/her posts is disappointing.

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
I think the problem is that our forum is based on store-level issues whereas NC8000 obviously sees things from a behind-the-scenes, so a clashing of perspectives.

Welcome to HR where the shop assistants to the store managers aren't given a shit about and all that matters is profits!

HSC
I think the problem is that our forum is based on store-level issues whereas NC8000 obviously sees things from a behind-the-scenes, so a clashing of perspectives.

I agree

Welcome to HR where the shop assistants to the store managers aren't given a shit about and all that matters is profits!
I think thats been WELL established ;)

Harry778

HSC
Tomorrow I have an 11-8 s/vision shift but on the roster it has:

SUPERVSN
11:00-14:00
OPERATOR
15:00-19:00
SUPERVSN
19:00-20:00

Meaning I only get paid 4 hours supervision, when I'm doing the whole shift in supervision. I didn't think they would be allowed to do this. I asked if I was actually an operator from 3-7 but they said no your s/visor the whole shift. So I was like??? Can they do that?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Longest day last night, perishables ruined their freezer floor last week by constantly using the electric pallet jack on it which stuffs up when it comes into contact with a wet floor, so we have a perishables truck just stationed at our back dock till they fix it with all their freezer crap in it. So last night the groceries truck somehow reverses into the perishables truck, which causes the truck to not start again or something, so we have to wait over two hours while a mechanic comes out despite our load being 10m away lol. And checkouts had no bags and the bags were on the truck and were freaking out.

HSC
haha i'm not sure. what is that?
Well we have a book in our cash office as our incharge book. Basically my store fails at paying supervisor rates unless you claim them through the book. So say I do two supervisor shifts in a week, and cover a lunch break, I'd put this in the book.

Name
Payroll Number
8 hours
(Tues 3.5 hours close, Wed 3.5 hours close, Sun 1 hour lunch break)

So basically, we just put in what hours that we did, and justify why you need sup. rates for them.

For instance before christmas I did a 12.30-9.30 smokeshop shift, where I covered the supervisors lunch break at 12.30, then both the 2IC and CSM went to do rosters for 3 hours and left me in charge, and then the close supervisor left at 9.15 when we didn't finish closing until 10.15. So for that day I had to explain why I was claiming 5 hours when the roster had me as smokeshop. Our Office Cashier is pretty good with paying it.

Maybe that kind of thing could help you out?

HSC

SUPERVSN
OPERATOR
SUPERVSN

Meaning I only get paid 4 hours supervision, when I'm doing the whole shift in supervision. I didn't think they would be allowed to do this. I asked if I was actually an operator from 3-7 but they said no your s/visor the whole shift. So I was like??? Can they do that?
Could you just fill out an adjustment sheet perhaps?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Just march threateningly into SSO's office (your Mum???) and be like "why wasn't i paid supervision rates for the entirety of my shift on Thursday??" and sort out the problem like that.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Garbage, Supermarkets are range from POG so if you are ranged for a product you should have it. If you don't, its a stuff up somewhere along the line

Forget CASS, yes it tells us that its ranged to who but thats the extent of 'reporting' it does. We use a tool called discoverer that is a data program that can just pull about any report that you could want(if you know how to build the report). Second the Business Intelligence software can be used or aztec which tells us all the sales data etc

PI report takes a whole 15seconds to pull every store SOH for a SKU around australia
Uhuh, firstly well then, you can come check out our store which is ranged for plenty of lines which we dont actually carry. We're even ranged for an entire SECTION that we dont carry in the store, because it hasnt been Plannogramed yet - that was 18 months ago.

As for plannograms, i wouldnt trust them as far as i could throw them, considering the items never actually seem to fit how they say they do (or even more hilariously on the wonderful Norwest team was actually planaogrammed OUTSIDE OF THE SHELF SPACE, i didnt know beer could fly, did you?). we've been telling the wonderful bussiness team for 5 years that some of our petfod doesnt fit as per the planogram, do they do anything? NOPE. infact, it was only fixed when the bussiness manager for the pet section saw it in person

Secondly, I never said that CASS could be used for anything else, i said that CASS could tell you whether something is ranged or not, how exactly is that any different from what you said.

Thirdly, wow, i dont care how quick a PI check can be done, it has no relevance to the point i was making.

Thirdly, in your "wonderful" post, i dont believe you answered the original question, so why are they scanning everything in the shop for homeshop? Instead of helping, you've picked up minor (if any) mistakes.

Contribute constructively, or don't contribtue at all. Consider that an official warning, i may not be higher than you in woolworths, but i sure as hell am in these forums.

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
In news affecting the REAL WORKERS. SM's have been told that supermarket isnt performing as well as expected, and the board has told greg foran to find savings elsewhere (i.e. Wages). We've been told to prepare for a tight as hell feburary, as well as them going over shrinkage with a fine tooth comb.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Shit. That's like pushing at an open door with our SM, he's always demanding wage cuts among other ridiculous requests, e.g. i have 3 staff this saturday, that's when no one is on lunch/tea break.

Although he's always like "write off more spoons!" so maybe he hasn't heard about shrinkage yet.

It's not going to be too drastic though is it, i mean the division might be underperforming to expectations but given recent growth/revenue we'd still be sailing fairly alright.

HSC
Shit. That's like pushing at an open door with our SM, he's always demanding wage cuts among other ridiculous requests, e.g. i have 3 staff this saturday, that's when no one is on lunch/tea break.

Although he's always like "write off more spoons!" so maybe he hasn't heard about shrinkage yet.

It's not going to be too drastic though is it, i mean the division might be underperforming to expectations but given recent growth/revenue we'd still be sailing fairly alright.
okay, last night we made just over $2000 after 6.15 and I had three staff...and thats what you get for a Saturday???

PyroTek

HSC
Yeah, the people up top don't actually understand that we are getting the job done, AND are overworked, but they seem to think that the job is being done easily, thus wages are being cut. As an ex longlife manager told me, I quote "When they come in and do our job in the time allocated, will be when I accept and understand the hours allocated"

Re: Planograms
We had a planogram come in for meat department which used all our shelf space + shelf space allocated to deli, and still didn't put chicken in anywhere. The STM said that the person who made it probably doesn't speak english, and after a bit of deliberation, we gave up and were told by the area manager to just do what we want for now.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
We've been given a Planogram for our produce loungers and multi deck...First thing we done was ripped it up and threw it out :p

Harry778

HSC
Well we have a book in our cash office as our incharge book. Basically my store fails at paying supervisor rates unless you claim them through the book. So say I do two supervisor shifts in a week, and cover a lunch break, I'd put this in the book.

Name
Payroll Number
8 hours
(Tues 3.5 hours close, Wed 3.5 hours close, Sun 1 hour lunch break)

So basically, we just put in what hours that we did, and justify why you need sup. rates for them.

For instance before christmas I did a 12.30-9.30 smokeshop shift, where I covered the supervisors lunch break at 12.30, then both the 2IC and CSM went to do rosters for 3 hours and left me in charge, and then the close supervisor left at 9.15 when we didn't finish closing until 10.15. So for that day I had to explain why I was claiming 5 hours when the roster had me as smokeshop. Our Office Cashier is pretty good with paying it.

Maybe that kind of thing could help you out?
Ohhh ok. I asked my mum when she got home and she said they cant really do that unless they tell you about the incharge book, which they havent. They do it just to make the grids look a bit better apparently. Sounds more like they're trying to rip me off and save on wages. Doesnt really sound like my CSM to do a thing like that. Wouldnt put it past the 2IC though. Haha, she said 'I'll be doing pay roll next week, so I'll make sure your fucking paid right'!

Thanks everyone.

SS-champion

HSC

SUPERVSN
OPERATOR
SUPERVSN

Just do an adjustment: 11:00-20:00 supervision
and highlight the supervision part :)... sometimes they forget at my store so annoying

We've been given a Planogram for our produce loungers and multi deck...First thing we done was ripped it up and threw it out :p
lol

gunne

Mew Nember
HSC
I got accused of rolling my eyes and told I was not allowed to bag her stuff...
sigh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)