• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
The managers meeting today was quite revealing. AM is "open to conversation" with SMs about reduced trading hours = reduced wages (thinks must be getting tight!) so SM is going to suggest changing current hours from 8AM - 9PM Mon-Fri, 8AM - 9PM Sat-Sun to 8-7 M,T,W,S,S and 8-9 Thur and Fri. Totally shit for supervision hours cos its cutting out the night supervisor on three weekdays as well as the duty mgr! He wanted to cut weekends back to six but we talked him out of it.

Our last mystery shopper gave rave reviews but Service only got 50% because the boy didn't ask about F$C and he wasn't wearing a badge.

Work was fucking busy today, the smoke cupboards looked like they'd been raped by hordes of French people. But i still found time to answer with "Edinborough News, this is Libby speaking" when the SSO buzzed, cos she's always like "Summer Bay Caravan Park, how may I help you?".

SSS or AM is expected to visit when I;m on duty this weekend :O

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
so i think i broke a record

Leave on Monday for 4 weeks holiday, to return on a casual basis.
Call this afternoon: Hey, can you work in cash office next saturday, we really need you.

BSammy

HSC
so i think i broke a record

Leave on Monday for 4 weeks holiday, to return on a casual basis.
Call this afternoon: Hey, can you work in cash office next saturday, we really need you.
HA.
You knew that was coming didn't you? I've had that happen, but not quite that soon.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Ha apparently Woolworths is the 284th largest company in the world according to Forbes :p

Woolworths
Australia
Sales: $45.01b
Profits: $1.56b
Assets: $14.63b
Market Value: $20.47b

HSC
How hard do you think it would be to change my contract? I've had the same one since I started nearly 3 years ago and I'm just a service cashier if that makes any difference.

PyroTek

HSC
Good fun today!

Get to work, do my chicken load etc. All good, wait around for a few minutes for my main load to come... Keep waiting... 10am comes around and it finally gets here.. all 110 Cartons of it! Bearing in mind we are a small store, so I do friday/saturday by myself, I look at this pallet, which is clearly much taller than me. (We usually get half that on a saturday)
Due to it's size, I break it down on the elevator at the back dock, into 4 roll cages, in literally 15 minutes. I got a service 20 call during that, but the DM let me ignore it so I could do this.
I got it all done though, DM was impressed. I haven't seen such a big load since boxing day and that was for 3 days, not 2.

Good fun. Got me working hard though

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Duty 3 - "7" today.

I had ZERO staff under grocery/perishables, despite being requested to have the shop 100% faced!!! Like, how many fucking arms do they think I have? There was a massive perishables load that had hardly been touched on Friday to do so then the milk wasn't filled. Then we have customers streaming in so i 'm like "shit" and closed the doors at five to seven and only let like two more people in, i had to turn away no less than like 15 people. I can understand tourists but when locals think that we can just stay back two hours so they can buy some milo and fags i want to scream. So i did i friendly but firm close call even though we're not allowed.

I'll have to ring the SSM first in the morn before he rings me to verbally woop my ass.

Craven

HSC
So who's the morning DM that is slacking off having the afternoon off? lol

p.s. wouldn't nightfill face the shop?

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont think that would be too difficult, sundays are generally pretty easy to fill. whether there is available space on those days is probably more the question.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
My CSM thought I had worked with the company for 6-8 months, that was kind of a compliment to me (obviously thinks I know what I am doing if so). She said I was doing a good job.
This was yesterday. I was like "oh and yay, I'm off probation from this week!. And she's like: "what?... how long have you been here", i'm like: "4 months".. she goes "oh didn't realize" haha

Also, for tonight. We got a huge smokes load done (3 or 4 boxes of mixed smokes). Supervisor said it was the biggest she's ever done. She was marking them off, another person was putting them down on the floor, and I had the awesome job of putting a ton of them in the cupboards. Also filled smokes all by myself, so I was happy with productivity tonight!

Last edited:

Craven

HSC
lol woah 20 boxes is the biggest load i've ever seen... but that was like an overlay + reg order haha...

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
bahahahaha. our smoke load is

Tuesday: 2-3 boxes
Thursday: 6-9 boxes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)