The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
its only my total image shirt that i always get in trouble for. yesterday i wore a spotless one and the extent of my ironing was hanging it in the bathroom while i had a shower.

never iron my pants though.

jirwin

HSC
That's the spotless shirts? They are great in terms of the material not creasing!
I don't iron my pants, they don't crease.
But the new totalimage shirts.. crease SO badly :(
No idea who the Coles supplier is. We buy our shirts in-store - no need for ordering. The tag says 'Corporate Essentials' though.

My shirts and pants get ironed although my pants can stay folded in my cupboard for days before my next shift and they won't get ironed - only after they've been washed.

How many wears do you think it is acceptable for pants to be worn before washing (assuming nothing is spilled on them)?

PyroTek

HSC
Yeah, agreed about the breathing of the new shirts, they are made of much finer material, much less gaps between the threads i guess. :S almost plasticy?

theonemanshow

HSC
Your manager sounds like a wang. Go over his head and send the form, signed by your line manager (or is that the one your referring to?), to HR and also inform them of the comments he made. Get a friendly supervisor or duty manager to print the form off StoreNet or from the Store Services Office.

It's six months btw.
Yeah cool, thanks for the help, that's what I thought when my manager said that (my line manager), so could I just get someone over my line manager to sign it? Thanks.

HSC
I think its your dept manager.

I have just extended my "no managers on fb" policy to my 3IC - if she reads the conversation between me and the other pt supervisors our asses will be fired instantly :|
On the other hand though, its nice to know that all of us are on the same page with how much we hate our CSM at the moment.

bensneddon

HSC
I hear the term "Line manager" - but who is it? DM? SM? AM?
Line manager = your direct report

So if you're an assistant or a 2IC, it's the department manager.

Department managers report to SSM, STM-LL or STM-Fresh

SSM, STM-LL and STM-Fresh report to Store Manager

Store Manager reports to Area Manager

I think that covers everyone in stores.

PyroTek

HSC
That sounds like my store manager, Since I work in Meat, Perishables, Nontrade, AND checkouts?? :p - And our STM's seem to last max 2 months. :D

Last edited:

massyboc

HSC
Has everyone seen their stores grids for Thursday and Saturday?
THEY ARE INTENSE!
my store is more than double with 5 pages + supervisors + smokeshop.

HSC
lol, they always are :p. But I'm only doing my contract shifts on Saturday (5 hours) so Im missing out on most of the action. Im excited though! haha.

I can remember last year I worked like 10.5 hours - I just didn't go home when I was meant too, just kept on slamming through those trollies... It was that flat out, I just kept on going, didn't bother saying "I go home now", the CSM didn't give a shit! lol. I can remember we did more then christmas Eve.

I think that's the thing with easter... It creeps up on everyone :p. No-one is prepared like they are for christmas
Yeah I agree. Last year I was supposed to be working 4-9, which got changed to 8-5, then 8-6. Then dead on six we got absolutely slammed at which point our STM yells at me "You're not going yet", I think it was nearly 7 by the time I left.

I'm doing 5.30-9.30 thursday (just my normal), and 12-5 apparantly on Saturday - which is balls considering my contract is 12-7, but neither of my departments want me 5-7 so I'm taking that up with my SSM/SM on wednesday.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Yeah I agree. Last year I was supposed to be working 4-9, which got changed to 8-5, then 8-6. Then dead on six we got absolutely slammed at which point our STM yells at me "You're not going yet", I think it was nearly 7 by the time I left.

I'm doing 5.30-9.30 thursday (just my normal), and 12-5 apparantly on Saturday - which is balls considering my contract is 12-7, but neither of my departments want me 5-7 so I'm taking that up with my SSM/SM on wednesday.
You should give them a call tomorrow. ;)

HSC
Haven't seen it yet but my sup says that Thursday will be the busiest day of the year, even worse than Xmas eve. And I already thought Xmas eve was madness! I'm only working 930-1 on Thursday, pity I'm not working more and another 5.5 hours on Saturday. And yea, I also want to know if we're being paid PH rates cuz I remembered when I took leave last year to go to Syd, my friend told me that the pay rate was sky high lol. :p

HSC
You should give them a call tomorrow.
No point, CSM has tomorrow off, and ultimately she is the one who's going to have to fork out the extra hours. Nontrade have flat out said there's nothing for me.
Its an "in person, don't mess with me" task, trust me :)
Besides, I cbf, that place is killing me enough wednesday-sunday, its not going to ruin monday and tuesday :(

And yes it is PH rates, hence why I'm having so much trouble I presume.

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
I got annual leave from the 2nd-5th. Our office lady likes me, so she's going to pay me PA for all but Easter Sunday. - We are closed, thus must take an annual leave day or make up the hours. - So instead of using 29 hours annual leave, i'm using 5 :D

HSC
So you're closed Friday through Monday - nice :)

I do not get our local council/state government. Apaz its abhorrently offensive to consider regular sunday trade, but perfectly acceptable that we open easter sunday/new years day/boxing day etc.
:rolleyes:

PyroTek

HSC
Noo, we are closed Friday and Sunday,
Saturday and Monday we are open

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Will Easter Saturday be paid at public holiday rates?
Might be different depending on your state but here Easter Saturday is not a public holiday, whereas Easter Monday is.

Also re: Thursday. My Department manager is soooooo not prepared. I asked her if we should get another assistant in in the afternoon to keep it full and she was like "Nah I can't be bothered plus it won't be that busy"

Okayyy but you're the one who's going to be working your ass off after I leave at 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)