The Woolworths Thread (19 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Our stores really cracking down on appearance as well (glad to see we arent the only one). The boss bought an iron and ironing board to put in the lunch room (i think someone else said there store did as well?) and we hav bough razors and shaving cream, and guys that come to work unshaven, have to go into the toilets and shave. And ive actually seen them make a few people, one of them being my ex. I lol'd. :haha:
:
I fink it's coming from a HQ level because at a managers meeting i went to the SM said that the Area Manager was being told to tell everyone else to crack down on appearance. And the then-SM told our then-LLM to iron his shirt, which was funny and awkward cos everyone used to bitch about his unironedness.

GGGGRRRRR at tonight, i had ONE operator from six til seven. ONE. The DM was on register the entire hour whilst i did the pack up and packed for her. The most annoying thing happened and i was actually fully rude to a customer.

Situation: I'm packing for DM, customers everywhere, nothing packed up, high stress.
Old man who comes in all the time and reckons he's awesome because he's a security guard for the army food factory: "You, you go down that row down to the end of that row and look at that sign, it says that it's two for ten, it's two for ten but it says two for $1, you go have a look"
Me: "I'm sorry what aisle? What product is it?"
Old man: "Down the middle of that damn row there, there's a sign, go look"
Me: *walks briskly down random aisle, looks around, doesn't see anything, hopes old man will be gone upon return*
Old Man: "Did you see it!?!?!"
Me: "WHAT PRODUCT IS IT? I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!"
Old Man: "DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THAT DAMN ROW THERE! Breakfast food or something."
Me: "Cereal?"
Old man: "Yeah!"
Me: *runs down aisle again to find an end with nutrigrain on it, where it says "2 for $10.00" on three large tickets and on the flip-numbers at the top and at the bottom, except at the bottom one the decimal point is around the wrong way so it says '1.000" instead of '10.00', at this point i become very angry and take down all the tickets and march back up to the service desl "Yes i saw it and i've fixed it, although these three large tickets here do indicate to a normal person that they are 2 for $10"
Old man *laughs* "hahahaha yeah i thought it was a bit of a have hahaha, glad you've fixed it, have a good night!" *walks away cheerily*
HE DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING BUY ANY FUCKING CEREAL. AAAARRRRRGHHHH :evilfire::evilfire::evilfire::evilfire::evilfire:

Please empathise with me cos that took ages to write.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
How would this receipt system work for Self Serve? I`m Guessing It won`t be inplemented.
Box pops up on screen "Would you like a receipt? Yes/No". If everyday reward card is scanned box pops up "Receipt emailed to your account, would you like a paper receipt? Yes/No".

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Box pops up on screen "Would you like a receipt? Yes/No". If everyday reward card is scanned box pops up "Receipt emailed to your account, would you like a paper receipt? Yes/No".
Even so there should be the following options for us:

Yes
No
Both

ekul444

HSC
N/A
hmm receipt thing sounds good...
it will add ANOTHER thing to ask though...
but i think its a good idea restricting it to $30 or less though

and yes, agree the implementation on self serve will be interesting.

i guess this change will come with the next Store Release?? i wonder if those promised changes for WoWPOS SCO that we were talking about such a long time ago (ie signature screens/'exact amount due' etc.) will finally appear in this update?

anyone know the timeframe for this??

ps. happy birthday iMathew - hope it wasnt spent at work :)

BSammy

HSC
Shit. Got one of the closing supervisors passed out on the sidewalk in front of my house.
I couldn't move him, and it's 3:30am, and i work at 8 in the morning.
I feel responsible for him, yet have to give a shit about myself.
I'm now in bed, he's still on the footpath, head in the gutter. My door is shut but unlocked, Hope he gets the energy to at least sit up and do something.

Probably gonna call in sick tomorrow me.
Don't care, I've got 260 hours sick pay in the system. gonnna fucking have some of it.

greekgun

HSC
Shit. Got one of the closing supervisors passed out on the sidewalk in front of my house.
I couldn't move him, and it's 3:30am, and i work at 8 in the morning.
I feel responsible for him, yet have to give a shit about myself.
I'm now in bed, he's still on the footpath, head in the gutter. My door is shut but unlocked, Hope he gets the energy to at least sit up and do something.

Probably gonna call in sick tomorrow me.
Don't care, I've got 260 hours sick pay in the system. gonnna fucking have some of it.
Wait...why is he passed out infront of your house?
And why cant you just drag him to your lawn at least so he can sleep on grass instead of the gutter?

BSammy

HSC
We had a big night, went to the pub to see a nightfiller and a perishables assistant in a band.

He just drank that bit too much.

And I start work 15 minutes ago. Uh oh!

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
We had a big night, went to the pub to see a nightfiller and a perishables assistant in a band.

He just drank that bit too much.

And I start work 15 minutes ago. Uh oh!
So was he still on the footpath when you woke up?

PyroTek

HSC
I worked on my 19th, All day, checkout staff bought me a box of 'favourites' for it :D

I start work in 50 mins -_-

HSC
I worked on my 18th, my fave nightfiller bought me the most awesome cake ever, and all the floor staff's tea breaks went for like 45 minutes while we ate it.

I did not intend to be working though, I asked for it off and got told that seeing as the xmas party was on that night there was no way I'd get out of cash office. :(

kevin94

HSC
Is it possible for me to get employed even though i am only 15 and i the only experience i have is work expreience at a pharmacy where i stocked stuff and like i help at my parents florist business shop? I get high a's for report and have finished that KUMON maths programme thingy and also is it possible just to get the store interview and thats all?

theonemanshow

HSC
Hi, just wondering what is the rule of applying for another safeway job internally. I got told by the store it's 12 months, but the website and HR says only 6, and my manager says he owns me so unless I resign myself, I won't be able to go to another job in safeway, whether it's advertised or not advertised.

Cheers.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Your manager sounds like a wang. Go over his head and send the form, signed by your line manager (or is that the one your referring to?), to HR and also inform them of the comments he made. Get a friendly supervisor or duty manager to print the form off StoreNet or from the Store Services Office.

It's six months btw.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Also, I stopped ironing (well, my mum stopped ironing them :) ) my shirts and pants ages ago - they don't seem to get that creased, must be the material.
That's the spotless shirts? They are great in terms of the material not creasing!
I don't iron my pants, they don't crease.
But the new totalimage shirts.. crease SO badly :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)