• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I got given Manager access in office about 2 months ago, told SM about it and he said that apparently a few people had been put in there by mistake and that he would fix it, but low and behold it's still there.

Makes life a lot easier for me.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I am so jealous.
I really want to work in the office, partly for the Office Access to everything, but they're phasing out office hours, so there's no chance, unless someone quits. I’m more than happy to transfer to another store, just to work in there.
Anyone know what I could do to convince the Head Office Cashier or SSM?
Also my manager said he'd give me Service Manager Access because I’ve been doing more Supervision without CSM, 2IC or 3IC on, however, that hasn't happened. He said I have to wait until after Easter because he's too busy, but he had time to make an account for another supervisor.....

Rant Over.
It takes all of 32 seconds to link you to the Service Manager menu. Less, even. Make that 19.

I have office cashier access though, its pretty good. I noticed today that within that menu you can allocate yourself different office menus (ie Service Manager, Department Manager etc). I was tempted to change mine, I must admit, but i didn't.
I know isn't it awesome? I gave myself Office cashier after I was trained to do pick ups for duty, but as i don't really do them anymore i'm really hoping they don't strip me of them. I would be lost.

HSC
It takes all of 32 seconds to link you to the Service Manager menu. Less, even. Make that 19.

I know isn't it awesome? I gave myself Office cashier after I was trained to do pick ups for duty, but as i don't really do them anymore i'm really hoping they don't strip me of them. I would be lost.
Exactly, if I've figured out how to do something, it must be super easy.

I have had office cashier access (apparantly) since 07, I did a few months in cash office when the girl who did my hours now went on exchange. I never knew they kept it, lol. I couldn't even remember my password.

Not that it was of any real use after that anyway.

massyboc

HSC
how do you check the SOH of a product using a RF Gun or on the computer ?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
5, 5, 1 on the RF Gun to get into Inventory management, scan or enter the CASS/Item code and then you can check all the counts...SoH, SOO, SIT etc etc.

Computer I'm not sure as we use a different system.

PyroTek

HSC
On Stock Management on the PC just go to "SOH Management" and press "Stock adjust" - enter a reason code from the drop down menu, type the barcode/reference number in the box, then click the other box below. It will tell you SOH count, then just press cancel to get back - and don't save anything :D

HSC
On Stock Management on the PC just go to "SOH Management" and press "Stock adjust"
i've always wondered if anyone has access to the option "return to vendor"
i don't know anyone that can choose or with access to it.
there's also another option that you can't choose, just can't remember what it's called.
also i only ever use the reason codes 89: Damaged Stock
77: Theft and what ever the one is for Out Of Date to write stock off.
does anyone else use other ones?

Last edited:

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
there's also another option that you can't choose, just can't remember what it's called.
99: Insurance - Is used for Withdrawals and Recalls.

71 or 75 (I think): Is for IDT (Inter Department Transfers) - When the store needs to purchase milk, coffee, tea or other approved items for staff use.

DM Mike

HSC
5, 3, 1 also gives you SOH im pretty sure if you dont have access to 5, 5, 1.

The ones mentioned are the ones that I use most often, aswell as 30 and 70 for straight adjustments. Though there are days where i manage to have to reverse more than im writing off :hammer:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I use "Stock Write Off" for not officially approved store use materials, like paper pads, tipex etc. And on Saturday when the button on my trousers broke i wrote off a packet of safety pins. I was going to ask the DM for her ethical opinion on the issue but she did not respond to my PA calls.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
out of date 52 :)

HSC
So busy today but worked 7 hours hellooooo big paycheck double time and a half boom! :D

But went on break at 1:45 for my 45 and served for about 20 minutes then home, Plus one of the first people I met on the job left today :( but our new grocceries 21C -H0T!- haha he used to work in backdock but he grew up a bit more cut his hair and wow got very good looking!

PyroTek

HSC
I use:
77. Theft
89. Damaged Stock
70. -ive Stock Correction
30. +ice Stock Correction
99. Insurance stock
and
52. Out of Date

I also had an epic weekend up north!

jirwin

HSC
Went to my store (Coles) as a customer this morning around 11am and it was mayhem. Every register open, managers were serving, self serve and express lines were long etc.

I was meant to start at 4pm (till 7pm) but my CSM called at 1.30 to see if I could do 3-8pm which I said yes to of course (public holiday rates!). When I got there it wasn't nearly as busy as it was earlier.

They had called in 2-3 others early too. I spent 2hrs cutting up Sunday newspapers (we had them delivered even though we weren't open, something about us not being able to cancel, not entirely sure). 1hr serving customers, and then the other 2hrs doing other odd jobs like cleaning, filling up bag drawers and whatnot. Some of the others put away 5 trolleys of loose stock and there was still an entire trolley to do when we left at 8pm.

Worked with people I like/get along with and my favourite supervisor so had a good shift all round (apart from some times of boredom).

bdude

HSC
Went to my store (Coles) as a customer this morning around 11am and it was mayhem. Every register open, managers were serving, self serve and express lines were long etc.

Really? When I was working tonight we were D E A D!!. I spent like 3 hours of my shift doing random crap.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I only ever use 89 too for everything. It's too much of a hassle to switch when you are in the middle of doing your grading.

Yesterday was my first day covering as Store Room Manager. Was pretty sweet up until 8.30am, I had all the pallets nicely organized outside, rollcages were all in one area and I just started to sweep when a truck pulls up. This was strange as I wasn't expecting another truck until 9.30. I ask him what he's got for me and he tells me 7 dry. FUCK ME. We never, ever get a dry delivery on a Monday. It can't be Sunday's order as we got that order on Saturday.

I tried to find it in the system but to no avail, Grocery manager wasn't expecting it either and because of that she had no team on to work it. So we thought it must have been Tuesday's order, but he said that there is another order coming tomorrow.

So from that moment on everything went downhill. I had to quickly move the roll cages infront of the produce roller door to make room for the pallets and man. 7 pallets may not sound like a lot to you guys but when we have a tiny back yard area, then it is :p lol

At least today I'll be prepared for the rest that is coming in.

Mannequin25

HSC
omg we were so busy yesterday haha. I had to go in at 5 to do stocktake, then i was Supervisor till 3. I had a lady abuse me through the front doors (cause were in a centre) that we were supposed to open at 8 and it was now 830. She wouldnt let me get a word in, when i finally did i was like, its 730, you havent changed ur clock back for daylight savings.......

We had, no joke, 30 people waiting outside to get it. I didnt get to lunch until 1 (when i came back i had an hour to go.....). I have never seen it so busy in my life. Then the SM told us we werent allowed to call express alerts, accept for the SSM. He soon changed his tune when the CSM called him up to run the floor while me, the CSM and SSM all got onto large lanes, where we all stayed for 2hrs. Very shit day lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)