The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

PyroTek

HSC
Another rant.
Went up to the local IGA today and I must say, the service there is absolutely fucking terrible.
2 cashiers, one at the front of the store, and one at the back. Lines were long as.
Got to the register finally and the stupid mole didn't even look at me.
Said very softly "$xx.xx - cashout?". I'm like yep.....

Did a P.A message about the store closing whilst serving me (dont care), gave me my cashout and didnt even give me a look OR parting comment and started serving the next customer.

Can't believe the fucking bitch moles who work there, EVERY SINGLE TIME i go in there I get pathetic service from those bimbo's. I don't think that could ever happen at Woolworths or Coles due to management being all hiped up about that stuff.
Crappy third world supermarket tbh.
I quite enjoy going to the local IGA, small and convenient.
Keep it in mind, iMathew, that IGA is a franchised business... Management is store by store.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Another rant.
Went up to the local IGA today and I must say, the service there is absolutely fucking terrible.
2 cashiers, one at the front of the store, and one at the back. Lines were long as.
Got to the register finally and the stupid mole didn't even look at me.
Said very softly "$xx.xx - cashout?". I'm like yep.....

Did a P.A message about the store closing whilst serving me (dont care), gave me my cashout and didnt even give me a look OR parting comment and started serving the next customer.

Can't believe the fucking bitch moles who work there, EVERY SINGLE TIME i go in there I get pathetic service from those bimbo's. I don't think that could ever happen at Woolworths or Coles due to management being all hiped up about that stuff.
Crappy third world supermarket tbh.
Yeh IGA's can be pretty different, some are like proper nice supermarkets while others are total shitholes!!
There is a totally feral one near where I live, the service is ok but the store is decrepit, all the shelving is rusty and there are more out of stocks then in stocks! and they don't sell phone credit :( Went down there to buy some milk today, there was a lot of water all over the floor in front of the dairy case and it was making a very alarming and familiar rattling noise, milk dated the 19th on show, no ice cream on show at all!, ladders and crap sitting in the isles, no staff around, I was appalled!

Mannequin25

HSC
Lolololol. I have never known a manager from SSM upwards who would every be capable of running the floor for 1 minute.

Today was so super can I just say. I was operator/supervisor superman til 9AM, and then after that I successfully conveyed to my operators that the SSM was on the warpath, so they all put their heads down and went to work like good little Oompa-loompas.

Then on lunch, which an operator (who discovered used to be a staff trainer years ago at IGA even though she's only 17!?) did remarkably well, i dusted off the EFT Manual tub, printed off instructions from storenet and annotated them with useful information. Whilst I was doing this I found a letter from an old Office Cashier to an old SSS dated March 1998 - THAT'S how much TLC has been paid to that particular plastic tub. That's 12 years of very inattentive CSMs.

And also, i was serving this old man and asked if he had a Frequent Shopper Card - "No and I don't want one. I saw it on TV, those things are destroying the world, Twittering and credit cards and stuff, it's all fucked. There's kids in Laos I think, digging up unexploded bombs for a few bucks."

Frequent Shopper Card-Twitter-Unexploded bombs from the Vietnam War. I can definitely see the relationship here.
hahaha well i prob wouldnt say he was running the floor, more standing around getting people bags. Hes never used a register and doesnt know what his numbers are. He wrote down the CSMs on his hand and was giving it to people lol, and calling the other managers on the phone when he had a service 40. it was hilarious tbh.:haha:

Woolworths really dont seem to be that worried about who has safe combinations tbh. Ours is written down in the diary in cash office lol, and the number to get the cash office key out of the little safe lock thing in the old systems room has never changed. anyone if they had enough knowledge could easily get in there

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Lol I can say something about our safe but It might get me into trouble if the specific post is ever discovered by evil HR Woolworthians.

:p

HSC
Supervisors with Safe Combos - thats a scary thought!

In our store, only Store Manager, SSM, SSO, SSA and DM's have safe combo. Theoretically, there is actually supposed to be a limit to how many safe combo holders there are per store, but not sure how strictly this is applied.
Someone told me that the limit was 13 or 14 or something? Because when I was added there was issues with us being over the limit and we had to get special approval from CMS, which took like a week or something.
I actually had an argument with our groc 2IC about this today (well not specifically, more so whether I should be allowed in cash office counting tills/envelopes by myself - the other SSA was on her break).

Yeah, i really dont understand why people other than managers and cash office people need to know the safe combo. But i guess each to there own.
Supervisors in my store are responsible for putting the tills in the safe - so a safe combo is kind of essential.

This is in Perth!!?? I thought this was maybe a regional store or something.

How can there not be 7 day trading in a capital city?

EDIT: and I thought Tassie was pretty backwards.
Easily - a whole bunch of idiots rejected it in a 2005ish referendum. In fact, my store gets to trade a whole lot more sundays than others.

ooooh what a week! Both thursday and friday we were smashed! The csm, 2IC, me and one of the trading managers were all on large lanes both days with the SM running the floor. We were 20K up BOTH DAYS :mad: someone didnt plan sales very well......
That was like us all week. Wednesday I got called in early, when I got there only our SSM was in express. Thursday, we killed sales, but it was busy before I got there. Friday, we made budget before 4pm. Today, up 15k.

Funny that I supervised all of those days - I am sensing a correlation :p

Then on lunch, which an operator (who discovered used to be a staff trainer years ago at IGA even though she's only 17!?) did remarkably well, i dusted off the EFT Manual tub, printed off instructions from storenet and annotated them with useful information. Whilst I was doing this I found a letter from an old Office Cashier to an old SSS dated March 1998 - THAT'S how much TLC has been paid to that particular plastic tub. That's 12 years of very inattentive CSMs.
A few months ago our SM cleaned out the staff room cupboards. There was a bottle of turps in there with a check seal from 1996. It got binned very quickly.

HSC
Has anyone else gone back and read old posts?
Some of them are funny.
They’re like a massive timeline of some member’s woolies career.
You don't need to point out the obvious. I've gone from being a shit as operator, to a good operator, to pretty good at tickets, to being somewhat supervision trained, to being kicked out of front end, to being a shit as supervisor, to right now - an okay supervisor and someone who is quite close to being trained properly in cash office.
All documented for you to see :)

(That is not an invitation for you all to read my circa 2006 posts though).

I think its more funny to read the ones from last year where we were freaking out about Phoenix. Townie - "they could NEVER combine cash office and systems" - well I believe they did ;)

MMacka

HSC
N/A
You don't need to point out the obvious. I've gone from being a shit as operator, to a good operator, to pretty good at tickets, to being somewhat supervision trained, to being kicked out of front end, to being a shit as supervisor, to right now - an okay supervisor and someone who is quite close to being trained properly in cash office.
All documented for you to see :)

(That is not an invitation for you all to read my circa 2006 posts though).

I think its more funny to read the ones from last year where we were freaking out about Phoenix. Townie - "they could NEVER combine cash office and systems" - well I believe they did ;)
In my stalker days I only went back 6 months before I got bored. :p

brookie94

HSC
I was sooooo tired today! Felt like death! Yesterday I gave so many death stares to people who brang big trolleys through express GRRR!! And like I've already discussed with Mathew, if I tell you that express is open or reg ** then GO!! It wasn't a suggestion, idiot!!

I was trying to time my scanning rate today hahaha see what a 9 hour shift does to me?!? I wish it was something that an operator could just view their own!! So much easier! Lol I was going at about 18 for most, I was happy :) but 14 for others lol green bags slow you down so much!!

On a sad note, my great uncle died yesterday :( found out about an hour or 2 ago :( thanks Mathew by the way, your a babe.

Last edited:

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Probably the most entertaining were in that six months.
BTW your department is in a mess :p
Yea if I had worked today things would have been alright. When I left Saturday the place looked messy and empty and I only had time to do all the reducing early (cause I knew they wouldn't of got done today), so I suppose more stuff sold and it looked even more empty.

Was it really that bad though today?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I was sooooo tired today! Felt like death! Yesterday I gave so many death stares to people who brang big trolleys through express GRRR!! And like I've already discussed with Mathew, if I tell you that express is open or reg ** then GO!! It wasn't a suggestion, idiot!!

I was trying to time my scanning rate today hahaha see what a 9 hour shift does to me?!? I wish it was something that an operator could just view their own!! So much easier! Lol I was going at about 18 for most, I was happy :) but 14 for others lol green bags slow you down so much!!

On a sad note, my great uncle died yesterday :( found out about an hour or 2 ago :( thanks Mathew by the way, your a babe.
Naw sorry I didn't reply very much, was trying to get something important done.
Still hope you're okay Brooke : )

HSC
Sorry for your loss Brooke. Hope you're coping well.

As to the WA trading hours, they're thinking of having Sunday trading but past experience has found that no one really comes in anyway. Only Fremantle and the one in the city are open on Sundays in the metro area. All others are closed.

HSC
Yea if I had worked today things would have been alright. When I left Saturday the place looked messy and empty and I only had time to do all the reducing early (cause I knew they wouldn't of got done today), so I suppose more stuff sold and it looked even more empty.

Was it really that bad though today?
Umm, I got sent to pack around 11am because they were so behind. But then we got busy so it would have only been about 10 minutes that I spent in there. I did markdowns around 4ish and everything looked empty - but that could be because sales were good.

But only bad because the person who did your shift is 'sick', but not sick enough to volunteer to do 45 minutes on express when we probably only needed her for 20 max. Also take into consideration how much slower she is at everything than you.

I don't know what time your 2IC was supposed to have left today, but it was felt like he was there all afternoon :confused:

Sorry for your loss Brooke. Hope you're coping well.

As to the WA trading hours, they're thinking of having Sunday trading but past experience has found that no one really comes in anyway. Only Fremantle and the one in the city are open on Sundays in the metro area. All others are closed.
Not in my store (we open Sundays on long weekends and school holidays), its generally crazy between 11 and 3, and steady until close (we're open 10-5).
We did 15k more than budget today. Didn't help that we were down two in the afternoon.

Last edited:

ytrbut

HSC
51 [paid] hours in four days this week. I'm thinking a 2pm wakeup is on the cards tomorrow!

HSC
On an unrelated note, I was disturbed today to find out that there is a store in our area that sell more packets of cigarettes than milk.
I would like to think we are not that store.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)