The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
So much weird shit happened today.

When we closed the doors some woman got hit in the head with the door. Then when we told our STM he laughed.

2IC randomly decided that she didn't want to work Saturday - so I'm supervising on a saturday for the first time ever.

We discovered that we have 16 lunch breaks to plough through on Saturday - THIS IS NOT GOOD

Our shopping centre is running a promotion for local schools, basically the school with the most money spent in the centre gets a cash prize. So I had these two women stood just outside the smokeshop counter asking people if they wanted their receipts and then going through the bins just outside the store looking for receipts. I went out and told them to get out, which they did, and then rang centre management and abused them.
Twas fun.

Oh, and i want to kill our smokeshop operator (our FT one). I spent most of the day in there today and it was just disgusting. Harry you would have died!

Last edited:

brookie94

HSC
Oh, and i want to kill our smokeshop operator (our FT one). I spent most of the day in there today and it was just disgusting. Harry you would have died!
i was half way through this line and i though oh god, harry would kill them and then i read the last bit and went haahaha too true :p
we all know about harry and his smoke shop obsession ;)

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Actually yes, can so relate the coke displays being a confrontation point between supervisors and management. This was always the case in my old store, which has a similar layout to yours i think. If it was something drastic then a trip to the bakery displays was called for.

Another hotspot are the ends, where you can have heated conversations with the LLM about the queuing customers while he/she avoids eye contact with both yourself and the customers, then scurries of with their trolley, averting eye contact with all around. Or is that just me.
lol all the confrontations that seem to happen on the shop floor always happen in front of the coke end or in front of bakery in my store. Other common places are cool rooms for "chats" the lunchroom, stock room or STM's office.

As for crying, I've only shed tears twice in 7yrs working for Woolworths. The first time I was quite new, working on checkouts and I got totally abused by one of the worst customers I've seen ever. She wanted a free mop and screamed, yelled and called me every name in the book and the worst part was the LL2ic and CSM just let her abuse me, and then didn't back me up or defend me, the CSM even blamed me for 'provoking' her by saying that she can't just have stuff for free! after the customer eventually left, the next customer, a nice old lady who had witnessed the whole scene, asked me if I was ok and gave my hand a squeeze, I just burst into tears and sobbed "no" so she calmed me down and gave me some lollies out of her purse. That was when I decided I needed to get out of checkouts. That CSM is still around but whenever I see her I don't speak to her still because of that incident.

The second time was last year, I was very unwell and having a bad day, when my STM decided to pick a fight with me about the rosters. Well that turned into a huge fight about everything that got way out of hand, eventually I just said 'I can't handle this anymore' and went to my cool room lied down on an empty pallet and shed a few tears, eventually the LLM, who is my friend, found me and we 'talked it out'. Sometimes when your having a bad day all you need is a moment of peace and quiet or 'cool room reflection' to get your head back in the game. :)

HSC
i was half way through this line and i though oh god, harry would kill them and then i read the last bit and went haahaha too true :p
we all know about harry and his smoke shop obsession ;)
Its not even about being obsessed. Its about basic smokeshop etiquette (IMO).

1) You do not open cartons which will not wholly fit on the shelf.
2) If you do, bundle them up with an elastic band.
3) Don't open cartons of not so popular cigarettes (ie Alpine Finesse or something like that) and leave six packets that won't go up - it works with like Winfield Blue or something, but seriously, not cool!

The person who comes in has to clean up your mess. The person who puts the load away will do a shit job of it if you leave the dump cupboard (which houses winfield and peter jackson) in a disgusting state. And then noone really wants to keep it clean for you either.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

FFS.

I like smokeshop neat and well stocked. Is that too much to ask?

Tubrty

HSC
Its not even about being obsessed. Its about basic smokeshop etiquette (IMO).

1) You do not open cartons which will not wholly fit on the shelf.
2) If you do, bundle them up with an elastic band.
3) Don't open cartons of not so popular cigarettes (ie Alpine Finesse or something like that) and leave six packets that won't go up - it works with like Winfield Blue or something, but seriously, not cool!

The person who comes in has to clean up your mess. The person who puts the load away will do a shit job of it if you leave the dump cupboard (which houses winfield and peter jackson) in a disgusting state. And then noone really wants to keep it clean for you either.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

FFS.

I like smokeshop neat and well stocked. Is that too much to ask?
yeh, I completely understand what your saying. But Harry goes over and above for his smokeshop lol.
Yeh, umm... Jess? Your going to have to stop commenting on my posts. You make me sound stupid, and you make me sound like a bitch too haha ;)

HSC
yeh, I completely understand what your saying. But Harry goes over and above for his smokeshop lol.
Yeh, umm... Jess? Your going to have to stop commenting on my posts. You make me sound stupid, and you make me sound like a bitch too haha ;)
I don't mean to :) I just got a little bit frustrated today about it.

And Harry's obsessed over the stock management side too - I don't really have a lot to do with that so I kind of don't care.

Tubrty

HSC
I don't mean to :) I just got a little bit frustrated today about it.

And Harry's obsessed over the stock management side too - I don't really have a lot to do with that so I kind of don't care.
Hahaha nah it's ok. I've found your talent though, making me sound dumb :p but then again, I do a pretty good job of that myself ;)
but yeh that's what I meant, like the reports and everything as well as the staff he allows to serve there haha

Last edited:
HSC
My god, my 21C rang me asked me to come in at 12:30 and I'm like No I don't have work thursdays and i have school" and shes like, "OHhhh fine then" All i know is i am going to cop abuse when i go up tonight to get some munchies for my friends bonfire

brookie94

HSC
Noticed! Sigh.

I cried again at work today. (Well, outside work, on my tea break).
I'm turning into a bigger crybabikakez than Jess ;)
awww liz!!! i think its holiday time, gorgeous! :(

haha that was a good play on words/names lol <3

yoddle

is cool
HSC
lol all the confrontations that seem to happen on the shop floor always happen in front of the coke end or in front of bakery in my store. Other common places are cool rooms for "chats" the lunchroom, stock room or STM's office.

As for crying, I've only shed tears twice in 7yrs working for Woolworths. The first time I was quite new, working on checkouts and I got totally abused by one of the worst customers I've seen ever. She wanted a free mop and screamed, yelled and called me every name in the book and the worst part was the LL2ic and CSM just let her abuse me, and then didn't back me up or defend me, the CSM even blamed me for 'provoking' her by saying that she can't just have stuff for free! after the customer eventually left, the next customer, a nice old lady who had witnessed the whole scene, asked me if I was ok and gave my hand a squeeze, I just burst into tears and sobbed "no" so she calmed me down and gave me some lollies out of her purse. That was when I decided I needed to get out of checkouts. That CSM is still around but whenever I see her I don't speak to her still because of that incident.

The second time was last year, I was very unwell and having a bad day, when my STM decided to pick a fight with me about the rosters. Well that turned into a huge fight about everything that got way out of hand, eventually I just said 'I can't handle this anymore' and went to my cool room lied down on an empty pallet and shed a few tears, eventually the LLM, who is my friend, found me and we 'talked it out'. Sometimes when your having a bad day all you need is a moment of peace and quiet or 'cool room reflection' to get your head back in the game. :)
Lulz I always thought you were male. I like making these assumptions before looking at the 'sex' bit under your avatar. The old lady giving you lollies is so sweet by the way!

I'm pretty sure i have never cried at work. Once I cried at home when I forgot to go to work. But that's all.

Oh em gee, mega awks at work on Wednesday night, staff member got caught STEALING. He came up with a flimsy explanation but we then disproved it after a few phone calls. He is so roasted. Three hours next week but I'm pretty sure that's would be a honey trap for an interview with the Loss Prevention Officer who, according the SM, gets "aroused" when she fires someone. It's pretty terrible, however, despite being the fourth person informed, I know exactly who tipped us off that the person was stealing. That should not have gone past the person they told and the SM. So unprofessional.

Work today was great. Knowing that your time is limited makes work SO much more enjoyable. And I so don't care anymore, e.g.:

Me: "hi, how are you today?"
Cus: "alright, no you use complaining."
Me: "yeah i wouldn't have listened to you anyway."

Also, how cute is this blurb from the website of a Croatian hostel:

"Why are we?

Zagreb is the city which recently start to have tourist renaissance. People like you, our guest help us to discover some new beautiful places of our city.
We are same as you young. We don’t have years of tradition behind us, but because of that our accommodation is made more comfortable. Everything in our accommodation is made with lots of love and effort.
We can not promise you that Zagreb city will be as you will be except, but we can promise you that our accommodation will be much better when you come and see it, than now when you are reading this and imagining how doest it look like.

Visit us."

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Idk it's not work that's doing it, but it's shit at work which is sort of just the icing on the cake!

I don't understand why these people don't just come to work, do their work, and go home. Instead they spend their time bitching. Fuck that.

BSammy

HSC
yoddle said:
Oh em gee, mega awks at work on Wednesday night, staff member got caught STEALING. He came up with a flimsy explanation but we then disproved it after a few phone calls. He is so roasted. Three hours next week but I'm pretty sure that's would be a honey trap for an interview with the Loss Prevention Officer who, according the SM, gets "aroused" when she fires someone.
Not Claudia is it? I'm not sure if you guys have the same as us or not.

She fired one supervisor from sandy bay for giving $15 worth of stuff to a friend and a manager saw.
Wah Oh!

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC

She fired one supervisor from sandy bay for giving $15 worth of stuff to a friend and a manager saw.
Wah Oh!
A Produce Manager from our Area was fired because he tried an apple without the Store Manager's approval. (Well he claimed he was testing it, but when you eat the entire thing, it's not 'testing')

yoddle

is cool
HSC

Wah Oh!
Haha yes it is The Claw. I remember she rocked up once ten minutes before closing back in my operator days and just followed us round awkwardly and raising her eyebrows at everything. Said something about how we've "always been a bit different out here", that was back in the days when we locked our cigarettes in the girls toilets. :snowman:

A Produce Manager from our Area was fired because he tried an apple without the Store Manager's approval. (Well he claimed he was testing it, but when you eat the entire thing, it's not 'testing')
Ha or the one where the person got fired for eating an RTC'd bread roll after close. 90c worth. It was in the LP bulletin.

HSC
Noticed! Sigh.

I cried again at work today. (Well, outside work, on my tea break).
I'm turning into a bigger crybabikakez than Jess ;)
Haha.
But on a slightly related note, tonight my SM said I had shown real improvement in his time (since March) and I don't stress as much! FUCK YES I'M AWESOME :p

(Mainly because my normally tough as nails supervisor who was doing tonight with me had fallen apart in the time between our 3IC leaving and me coming in tonight. I felt so sorry for her, she had the STM, SM and SSS after her balls. But my positive feedback from the SM and SSS made tonights epicly bad night slightly okay).

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Ha or the one where the person got fired for eating an RTC'd bread roll after close. 90c worth. It was in the LP bulletin.
lol...thats just stupid. fired over a bread roll?? perhaps there's more to that story. the dm and i eat grapes after close. we never get picked up.

but don't you just love going in to get stuff on your day off...and they ask you to work. i avoid going in now, just go to coles further down the road, as one of the supervisors came up to me and full on had a go at me because apparently i left after close without "waiting for her". i was like WTF?

work called about 3-4 times today, but since i was supposed to be at school so i didn't answer. sick of doing them favours and never getting anything in return

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)