The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
My post-Woolworths career is developing. I have a training sesh doing direct sales for a paintball company tomoz (i LOATHE direct sales, but I'm living on rice and soy sauce so like money, woo) and more excitingly i have a phone interview with Flight Centre lined up.

So, what's news with Toolworths and the thread. Summary of last 70 pages plz.
Good to hear you're still alive, if only just ;)

Last 70 pages:
- Liz's knee has healed enough to allow her to work in bakery on light duties.
- Liz leaves the thread.
- Liz comes back and tells everyone that she is actually from Norwest and there is going to be troubles because she is a spy.
- People freak out.
- Liz recants.
- Liz leaves again.
- Liz now posts occasionally.

IN SRS BUSINESS:
- Many people reveal that they did vote no on the new EBA... but it passes anyway. *grr* we have general bitching about new EBA for a while. (you were still here for this)
- The whole Visa Debit thing. (you were still here for this, too)
- killer-cupcakes is in love with the groceries 2IC at her store.
- New system upgrade complete (by 11/6/10) including changes to systems, checkouts and RF units.
- Idk nothing major tbh.

SO no more albania, yoddle?
This (particularly the bold), plus

babikakez's store gets desperate for a service 2ic
awful grocery 2ic applies
babikakez gets offered said role and considers taking it so he doesn't
babikakez grows a brain and declines
babikakez nearly gets fired and now avoids working without her csm present as she's the only person who doesn't hate me.
babikakez is hence job searching. direct sales could sound great right about now.

oh, and btw, hi everyone, long time no talk.

jirwin

HSC

babikakez nearly gets fired and now avoids working without her csm present as she's the only person who doesn't hate me.
babikakez is hence job searching. direct sales could sound great right about now.

:eek: why/how?

HSC
Not something I really want to go into on here, probably not the best idea considering its all still going on.

(But I haven't done anything like steal the safe or anything, just its becoming clear that its not a good idea to EVER use your brain in my store, and when your SM/2IC/SSM openly admit that they don't like you at all, its time to get out)

brookie94

HSC
Not something I really want to go into on here, probably not the best idea considering its all still going on.

(But I haven't done anything like steal the safe or anything, just its becoming clear that its not a good idea to EVER use your brain in my store, and when your SM/2IC/SSM openly admit that they don't like you at all, its time to get out)
aww jess! we still love you!! your an :angel: in my eyes :p (even though i know thats not QUITE true ;) your still gorgeous! :) )

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Congratulations!!! So what does the job entail?
Thanks. I'll be Admin Assistant for Produce. Basically receiving store orders, adjusting forecasts, liaising with growers etc.

In two weeks I need to find a place to live, it's 6 hours away and I've got no family up there.

*breath*

brookie94

HSC
Thanks. I'll be Admin Assistant for Produce. Basically receiving store orders, adjusting forecasts, liaising with growers etc.

In two weeks I need to find a place to live, it's 6 hours away and I've got no family up there.

*breath*
congats :) you'll be fine!! :)
good luck with your accomodation search and job :)

HSC

*breath*
Congratulations good job :)

and that sucks :( having to find a place in 2 weeks

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Fuck me. I got the job at head office.

FUCK ME!
wow congrats lordtopcat that's awesome news!

lol I loooove to say "fuck me" too, its my catch phrase around work, have been busted a few times saying it around customers though, must work on that lol

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Does that mean you will be on a salary / working 9-5 each day?
It is a salaried position, very good pay. Put it this way, I'm earning just 1k less a year than my Dad who is 45 (I'm 18). I don't know the exact hours yet, but from what I've been told it's like 7am - 4.30pm, but like the manager said to me, just because it says you finish at 4.30, doesn't mean you leave, you leave when you have finished your work. So basically 7am till whenever lol.

wow congrats lordtopcat that's awesome news!

lol I loooove to say "fuck me" too, its my catch phrase around work, have been busted a few times saying it around customers though, must work on that lol
FUCK ME. My SM has told me I need to work on my language. Yeah, we'll see how that goes lol

jirwin

HSC
It is a salaried position, very good pay. Put it this way, I'm earning just 1k less a year than my Dad who is 45 (I'm 18). I don't know the exact hours yet, but from what I've been told it's like 7am - 4.30pm, but like the manager said to me, just because it says you finish at 4.30, doesn't mean you leave, you leave when you have finished your work. So basically 7am till whenever lol.

FUCK ME. My SM has told me I need to work on my language. Yeah, we'll see how that goes lol
18 and you finished your HSC (equivilant im assuming) in 2007? I finished in 2007 and I'm nearly 21 :(

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
18 and you finished your HSC (equivilant im assuming) in 2007? I finished in 2007 and I'm nearly 21 :(
No, 2007 is when I dropped out of school. I left 'illegally' at 15, with no qualifications. So in other words, I didn't complete high school.

Last edited:

danberg

HSC
No, 2007 is when I dropped out of school. I left 'illegally' at 15, with no qualifications. So in other words, I didn't complete high school.
I often think thats a prerequisite for woolworths management, so congrats on assuming your rightful place!

HSC
So whats the go with breaks and an 8hr shift. I usually do 7hrs and take 30mins unpaid and 15mins paid but what an eight hour? 1hr unpaid?
In WA,

5hrs = 15min paid
6-7hrs = 30min lunch + 15min tea
8hrs = 1hr lunch + 2 15min tea

BSammy

HSC
I love this. We now have a standardised definition for breaks across all Australian Woolworths stores, and still each store is interpreting it differently.

(or are there still some states that are on their old agreements? i can't keep track of you all)

5hrs = 15min paid
6-7hrs = lunch + 15min tea
8hrs = lunch + 2 15min tea

This is basically correct. The lunch can be either an hour or 45 minutes.(But seriously, who would have a 45m lunch?)
(It can also be 30 minutes by agreement)
They can't be skipped or worked through. You have to have your breaks.

(Except for Tasmania who have 2 15 minute breaks for a 6 hour shift, and lunches don't kick in til 7 hours. We got a savings provision. Yay!)

yoddle

is cool
HSC

Sheesh kebab. OK when you've quite please tell us why everyone hates you. Yeah maybe moving jobs sounds like a prime idea. Or stores if you can't find a new one? Mmm i wouldn't advice direct sales. "HI HAVE YOU PLAYED PAINTBALL BEFORE!?!?!!?" "Haf u fucked off befor??? *guffaws*"

Thanks Liz for your rundown. But I know you're not one for pretending to be someone your not so obviously it's all made up. Cough Mary whatever her name was.

YOU ARE 18!?!!?!?!?!!?!?! Gosh I imagined you as like 26.

(Except for Tasmania who have 2 15 minute breaks for a 6 hour shift, and lunches don't kick in til 7 hours. We got a savings provision. Yay!)
Did they really? I remembz before I left SM/SSM/CSM poring over everyone's rosters trying to fit them to the new break scheme at minimal expense.

BSammy

HSC
It's only for people employed before the Agreement started. New people do need lunches on 6 hour shifts. That's the headache there :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)