The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
But no more chats in cash office anymore. :(
Well you still have to do the key swap thing (taking the cash office and smokeshop keys to the keybox and then the service keys with the keys for the keybox back to the safe - if that makes ANY sense), so two people need to take that trip ;)

EDIT - that probably only applies to our store, never mind anyone else who is like 'wtf are you on about', haha.

But I don't know how its going to work on Sat/Sun though, because doing cashup like that is completely unpractical.

S

Slide

when does woolworths send its group certificate info to etax?

will it work today/tomorrow?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Whats the process involved with becoming a recognised first aider with Woolworths?
Just speak to SSM? Main question is, is it worth it? Will it help with anything in the future?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Whats the process involved with becoming a recognised first aider with Woolworths?
Just speak to SSM? Main question is, is it worth it? Will it help with anything in the future?

NNS7

HSC
N/A
we don't have any checkout staff except the CSM as first aiders because if there is an emergency they can't respond quickly. the benefit of being one is you are paid an allowance i think? I'm not one and don't intend to become one, I don't deal with screaming and blood very well lol

brookie94

HSC
Me too. But I felt really really uneasy, it felt so foreign.

But absolutely terrific in terms of only ONE trip up the stairs :p
First night of not taking draws up.
I LOVE IT
ours came in tuesday night.. lol i only knew because of this threadd but one of the other smokeshop operators was on last night and the supervisor started completely bagging the other register at smokeshop and the other girl was like NOOO! you leave the coins in the register from now on! lol it was so ridiculous that she would believe BOTH of us telling her and waited for the 3ic to get back ahaha that meant she had bagged several draws completely and had to empty the coin part again :p haha she was not a happy chappy

wistle

HSC
Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem, so I’ve been working at woolies since April, and I'm past my probation period. Anyway I’m going overseas in mid August for 2 weeks, I spoke to my manager about it she said she doubted that id get time off for it, but said I could still apply and see if I got it. So if I dont get it, I think the only option I have is to quit. Do I have any other options? And would they re hire me if I did?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
when does woolworths send its group certificate info to etax?

will it work today/tomorrow?
From memory (please anyone correct me if im wrong) Woolworths takes FOREVER to mail out the paper copy, but the info is available online using the 'pre-filling' service on e-tax presumably from today... Ahhh tax returns - I'm so glad I have such a simple one :p

BSammy

HSC
Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem, so I’ve been working at woolies since April, and I'm past my probation period. Anyway I’m going overseas in mid August for 2 weeks, I spoke to my manager about it she said she doubted that id get time off for it, but said I could still apply and see if I got it. So if I dont get it, I think the only option I have is to quit. Do I have any other options? And would they re hire me if I did?
Are you casual or part/full time?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
^^You have no leave? You can take leave anytime you want if you have it, dont listen to some dickead manager.

And if you have no AL, then just take Leave without pay.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
^^You have no leave? You can take leave anytime you want if you have it, dont listen to some dickead manager.

And if you have no AL, then just take Leave without pay.
Strictly incorrect. You can take leave whenever you like, but your manager must approve it first. If there is cover then it shouldn't be a problem.

britto89

HSC
Strictly incorrect. You can take leave whenever you like, but your manager must approve it first. If there is cover then it shouldn't be a problem.
I think if you give a month notice (quite easy to do when you know in advance for overseas stuff) then there should be no reason not to give you the time off.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I think if you give a month notice (quite easy to do when you know in advance for overseas stuff) then there should be no reason not to give you the time off.
Exactly, unless your manager is a complete dick head.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Taking a walk round head office tomorrow. Don't start until Monday but my manager is showing me around.

sexykid

HSC
Anyone know what a grocery person does? I got offered the job today and the lady said something like "Grocery Assistant". And what's the going rate of pay for a 16 year old casual (NSW)? thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)