The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

bensneddon

HSC
What exactly is Pulse?
PULSE to my knowledge is an incident tracking system designed to replace some of the paper based forms involved with staff and customer incidents relating to safety ,eg: a customer slipping on a grape.
As britto89 said, Pulse is an online incident tracking package.

Wow BOS is finally back! yay!

In regard to the new supermarkets operation restructure, phase 1 is longlife/perishables/liquor becoming one department called inventory. The new inventory manager will primarily be in charge of PI, AS routines, night filling and presentation. There will also be a merchandising manager who will be in charge of promotions, eg screens, ends, GM off locations etc. STMs and SSMs will no longer exist, there will be one assistant store manager instead. I don't know much about phase 2 or 3 but I believe phase 2 is a fresh foods overhaul.

I also despise the margaret fulton t-shirts, the XS is way too big!
My store doesn't have homeshop or SCO shirts!
Great info NNS7! If anybody has info on Phase 2 or Phase 3 of this project (is it still called Store Simplification???), please share!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Geeze the phase changes sound... like it's going to majorly overhaul everything!
I was the only staff member that didn't wear the Margaret tops on Sunday, trolol. Anyone from head office wanna hook us up with some self serve shirts? <3

By the way, online rosters are in the works too. (Y)

Last edited:

bensneddon

HSC
It's starting to look like we have revived this thread!! Good work guys, let's keep it up.

papermate92

HSC
Hi All :)
Does anyone on here know much about People Planner ??
I'm trying to get my own user becaues i'm sick of using my SSO's. He'd make me one himself but he has no idea :(
Hannah :)

bensneddon

HSC
Hi All :)
Does anyone on here know much about People Planner ??
I'm trying to get my own user becaues i'm sick of using my SSO's. He'd make me one himself but he has no idea :(
Hannah :)
I can't remember off hand, but you possibly need to press "C" to enter a menu. There are various options in the menu, one is called something like "System Configuration"

I will check next time I am in a store (Saturday) and will post the answer if nobody else has beforehand.

bensneddon

HSC
I can't remember off hand, but you possibly need to press "C" to enter a menu. There are various options in the menu, one is called something like "System Configuration"

I will check next time I am in a store (Saturday) and will post the answer if nobody else has beforehand.
To create a new user in People Planner:
- At the main menu, press "C"
- Go to [1] Configurations: system level
- Go to [7] Master Set Up of Password
- Select the next available user number
- Type a password, and verify
- Enter username in uppercase letters
- Press the ">" arrow key until the screen shows the required privilege level (usually TOTAL)
- Press Escape and a confirmation window will be displayed
- Press "U" to update
- Press "Esc" twice to return to the main menu

Ensure the SUP and Auditor accounts are not deleted

wearent

HSC
Hey Woolworths,

I worked as a SCO attendant and checkout operator for two years and am now looking to get back into the game, after having quit last year (on good terms). I moved interstate and there's nothing going on the Woolworths website, but as we all know, that doesn't mean there aren't any vacancies ;)

As I was with the company for two years (and am living by myself with higher cash requirements...!), I'd prefer to start somewhere a little higher than Service Cashier this time. I consistently got stellar customer compliments and have a passion for customer service, so I'd like to stay in front end. How would I go about getting a Service Supervisor position? I've sent my resume unsolicited to pretty much every Woolies in the area, but due to the public holiday the stores won't see it until Tuesday....

Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hey Woolworths,

I worked as a SCO attendant and checkout operator for two years and am now looking to get back into the game, after having quit last year (on good terms). I moved interstate and there's nothing going on the Woolworths website, but as we all know, that doesn't mean there aren't any vacancies ;)

As I was with the company for two years (and am living by myself with higher cash requirements...!), I'd prefer to start somewhere a little higher than Service Cashier this time. I consistently got stellar customer compliments and have a passion for customer service, so I'd like to stay in front end. How would I go about getting a Service Supervisor position? I've sent my resume unsolicited to pretty much every Woolies in the area, but due to the public holiday the stores won't see it until Tuesday....

Any ideas? Thanks!
As far as they are concerned, you must be dealt with like any other applicant. Recruitment is done through HR, so submitting resume's through the store generally won't help.
Obviously, since you quit on good terms, you will have a good chance at getting back into the game. When a position does become available on the careers website, you just need to specify that you have worked for the company previously. (I will assume they will look at your records and sus out why you quit and so forth, since you're on good terms, shouldn't be an issue).

In my opinion, you'd have to start from scratch in store level and work your way up to service supervisor. Even if you could just walk in to that position after xx previous years experience, so much has changed and you'd definitely need to learn that stuff first before hand.

wearent

HSC
Yes, I thought as much... although last time I got my job at Woolworths just by walking up to the service desk and asking for it :)

ytrbut

HSC
$3 Sorbent 8pk next week is going to go bananas.

500ml sauce the week after next at $0.99 save $1.50 also will be huge. Good way to see out the end of financial year...

brookie94

HSC
YAYYYY! bos is back! finally!

in news, i quit! :D/:'(
LOL at you all looking silly wearing margaret fulton.. in my opinion the boys are just using it as an excuse to stare at girls chests.. ;) HAHAH
and selfserve shirts are like EXACTLY the same as coles.. so obvious.. even the same colour.

Annnnnd i have met some of the most amazing people on here, I love you all :)
apart from harry, your really shit, this does not apply to whore :) just sayin'...

_be

HSC
and selfserve shirts are like EXACTLY the same as coles.. so obvious.. even the same colour.
Or it could be because green is the company's colour?

Cole's Self Serve staff wear vests, don't they? Plus, they should have used white, blue or red. Not green...

brookie94

HSC
Or it could be because green is the company's colour?

Cole's Self Serve staff wear vests, don't they? Plus, they should have used white, blue or red. Not green...
lol no our coles wear shirts.. exactly the same.. green stands out in coles.. they can have whatever colour they want.. just saying that the idea of having the shirts is stolen

_be

HSC
lol no our coles wear shirts.. exactly the same.. green stands out in coles.. they can have whatever colour they want.. just saying that the idea of having the shirts is stolen
Very odd, our Coles staff wear vests.
Either way, you'd think Coles' self serve shirts would at least be a colour that would fit in with their company uniform.

brookie94

HSC
Very odd, our Coles staff wear vests.
Either way, you'd think Coles' self serve shirts would at least be a colour that would fit in with their company uniform.
ours have vests for if someone is covering or doesnt have a shirt because i have seen the vest too..
yeh your right.. but it stands out which is good.. in woolies it just blends

BSammy

HSC
$3 Sorbent 8pk next week is going to go bananas.

500ml sauce the week after next at $0.99 save $1.50 also will be huge. Good way to see out the end of financial year...
Haha yeah the toilet rolls was terrible. sauce this week you say? bring it on!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Haha yeah the toilet rolls was terrible. sauce this week you say? bring it on!
Yeah, we had pallets and pallets disappear :p - the store was a crazy market, all you saw was toilet paper EVERYWHERE.
Did any other store impose a '4 per customer' limit or was it only us?

BSammy

HSC
The four per customer limit was stated in the catalogue. As was the NO RAINCHECK policy, i'm surprised we actually stuck to that really.
We raised the limit to 6 per person, because of the big packets containing six. and still people would buy 12 or 18 if they had another person or two with them, we made them pay in seperate transactions. ha.

not to mention the amount of the Long Roll one which wasn't on special, being abandoned at the register. ridiculous.

What sauce was it on special? I did tickets this morning and didn't see any. Maybe I missed that aisle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)