The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
Wooo its back!
Hey everyone... I made a post about two years ago, but haven't posted since. I'm a woolies worker too :)

So hows everyone been? iMatthew, are you still SCO attendant? WHat's your position now?

I'm now a service supervisor :) exciting stuff

nanakid12

HSC
Also, can anyone tell me the purpose of a price check (service 40)? In all my time since I've worked at Woolworths, since like 2008, i've only ever heard this called once. is it when that "Verify price on item" blue screen pops up with the price in there (which u can change) and you have to accept it?

brookie94

HSC
Also, can anyone tell me the purpose of a price check (service 40)? In all my time since I've worked at Woolworths, since like 2008, i've only ever heard this called once. is it when that "Verify price on item" blue screen pops up with the price in there (which u can change) and you have to accept it?
we use service 40 all the timeeeeeee.. when a customer disputes a price and says its different to the shelf price or things like that.. i usuallyh just hit accept for the verify price item..

nanakid12

HSC
we use service 40 all the timeeeeeee.. when a customer disputes a price and says its different to the shelf price or things like that.. i usuallyh just hit accept for the verify price item..
Ah righteo, I was never 100% sure whether you were supposed to tell someone about that or not.

In our store, the supervisor is usually the one who quickly runs up the aisle and finds the price. Though we are a smaller and less-busy store.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yeah Service 20 & 40 are essentially construed as the same things, i mean, they both serve the same purpose at the end of the day.
I am still SCO but I was made a backup svr at the end of last year, don't 'fully' supervise due to my age, but I do supervise as backup whenever needed

:D

nanakid12

HSC
Yeah Service 20 & 40 are essentially construed as the same things, i mean, they both serve the same purpose at the end of the day.
I am still SCO but I was made a backup svr at the end of last year, don't 'fully' supervise due to my age, but I do supervise as backup whenever needed

:D
Aww yeah... nice ;)

britto89

HSC
in store management changes related news i found out that its not going to effect me because i work in the liquor department and at my store its only grocery and perishables departments that will merge. my store is quite large and i imagine that this will also be the case for simillar sized or bigger stores.

nanakid12

HSC
What does this entail?
Basically customers should not have to wait more than 30 seconds before having to be served, unless all staff are on or all registers are open.

Effectively, it replaces the Express Alerts, and when "Attention all staff, customer service priority one" is called, all register-trained staff have to stop what they are doing and immediately go to the frontend.

BSammy

HSC
Hah really? I guess we'll need some more register trained staff then.

as in it would be nice to have some during the busyest part of the day when i get left in charge between the proper supervisors finishing and starting.

nanakid12

HSC
just out of curiosity, has a customer ever cracked a shit about you refusing sale of cigarettes/tobacco if they can't show proper ID? I haven't had to refuse ID yet, but i have a feeling the customer isn't going to be happy if i ever say no...

not that i'll care :) i'm not putting my job on the line just for that.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
just out of curiosity, has a customer ever cracked a shit about you refusing sale of cigarettes/tobacco if they can't show proper ID? I haven't had to refuse ID yet, but i have a feeling the customer isn't going to be happy if i ever say no...

not that i'll care :) i'm not putting my job on the line just for that.
All the time, they get very shitty. I love it though, It makes work amusing and eventful. Never feel pressured, "if in doubt, don't".

nanakid12

HSC
All the time, they get very shitty. I love it though, It makes work amusing and eventful. Never feel pressured, "if in doubt, don't".
Yeah, nah true ;) I've been with woolies for a few years now, just never had someone I've had to refuse ID to.

Woo work next week. Heaps of big shifts. First proper supervision shift too. Yay! Work is exciting atm.

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Went back into my old store tonight.....didn't recognise a single person, it was odd. I used to know everbody there, as well as ever single bloody procedure for all but the most unlikely of circumstances. They had also run out of EDR cards and I really need a new one.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Went back into my old store tonight.....didn't recognise a single person, it was odd. I used to know everbody there, as well as ever single bloody procedure for all but the most unlikely of circumstances. They had also run out of EDR cards and I really need a new one.
I hardly know everyone at my store....I know every manager/supervisor but no one else really :( and i have been at Big W for almost a year

brookie94

HSC
i went back to my store too last night.. hot new smokeshop guy made me question why i left hahahah. but everyone was like all over me and that made me miss them :( lol

nanakid12

HSC
I dread the day that I have to quit :( i'll have lost my youth glory days.
what are you doing nowdays?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)