The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

JJP

HSC
N/A
Hi guys new here but have a question. Tonight was one of the first times I was in smokeshop and I had to do a load. The guns weren't working properly so I had to write each carton down. I think I missed a couple because I was rushed. What happens if I did? Do I get in trouble or something?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Hi guys new here but have a question. Tonight was one of the first times I was in smokeshop and I had to do a load. The guns weren't working properly so I had to write each carton down. I think I missed a couple because I was rushed. What happens if I did? Do I get in trouble or something?
Guns?, Do you mean the Tazons?

JJP

HSC
N/A
Yeah probably, scanning things the smoke loads are usually done with.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Yeah probably, scanning things the smoke loads are usually done with.
I work for big w, but i do nightfill sometimes and we use the tazons.

Something may happen but likely you just made more work for another person later on.

nanakid12

HSC
Those cupboards don't do shit anyway, a store near us was broken into WHILST NIGHTFUL WAS STILL IN THE STORE, and had all it's smokes stolen. You could wedge those cupboards open with a ruler if you wanted too..
Oh and those roller doors that cover the smokes are pathetic too, I swear it's all for decoration..
Yes, iMathew but I would say the cupboards are there because the insurance companies require them to be there as a way of at least protecting the store from the most dumbest of people. No doubt the insurance company would use the smokes being stored in an unsecure cupboard as an excuse to weasel out of paying :/ maybe. I really don't know what Im talking about haha.

Oh, and had my first experience with a really angry customer today. Wanted scanning policy on a packet of cigarettes, and had to get the manager down to sort him out. I would though that in all my three years, I would have had really bad, but the customers in our area are really nice and sincere.

Jolyon

HSC
Yes, iMathew but I would say the cupboards are there because the insurance companies require them to be there as a way of at least protecting the store from the most dumbest of people. No doubt the insurance company would use the smokes being stored in an unsecure cupboard as an excuse to weasel out of paying :/ maybe. I really don't know what Im talking about haha.

Oh, and had my first experience with a really angry customer today. Wanted scanning policy on a packet of cigarettes, and had to get the manager down to sort him out. I would though that in all my three years, I would have had really bad, but the customers in our area are really nice and sincere.
The two things we do not do scanning policy on are ciggeretts and liquor. Fuck customers who do not understand this

_be

HSC
Oh, and had my first experience with a really angry customer today. Wanted scanning policy on a packet of cigarettes
By law, cigarettes shouldn't have packet prices publicly visible. So how, or why, would he have been so inclined to try and get scanning policy?

spilla2003

HSC
By law, cigarettes shouldn't have packet prices publicly visible. So how, or why, would he have been so inclined to try and get scanning policy?
In SA at least (other states may have different laws), the tickets are on display but the packets are hidden behind the flaps. :)

britto89

HSC
If for some reason the RF gun isn't working then the best way to deal with the smokes is to print the load sheet for the order (specifying the smokes segment number (80X) so you don't get the entire ambient load).

You can then just tick everything off manually and when you are finished if you have none missing you can use the "Receive in full" option in ISIS or the gun if its working by then. If there are ones missing you can "Receive by exemption" which allows you to manually specify which ones you didn't get before it then receives in full all the other order lines. I'm storeman/backdock trained so PM me if you want more info JJP.

britto

nanakid12

HSC
Currently, Queensland law allows us to have 1 square metre of cigarettes on display, as well as all the prices of cigarettes. We are also allowed a 1 square metre (I think) board for prices of cigarette cartons.

Apparently though they're changing this mid-next year, so that no smokes are allowed to be visible, and we'll be like you guys. Hmmm... so not looking forward to that.

And the customer came back and apologized today. Must have caught him on a bad day...

Beege

HSC
What is the minimum amount of hours a week for a PPT contract? I'm looking at doing a graduate diploma course next year which will be five full weekdays, but I only want to work one day on the weekend (preferably Sunday).

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
What is the minimum amount of hours a week for a PPT contract? I'm looking at doing a graduate diploma course next year which will be five full weekdays, but I only want to work one day on the weekend (preferably Sunday).
That would be 10 hours, sir.

nanakid12

HSC
Question: as a service supervisor, is it necessary for me to have a Citrix login, and an "Office" login? How long does it take them to make an account for this, because I still do not have a login for these things.

I've had to put mobile phone sales through the POS screens, and it takes ages, and most of the time a customer comes up wanting to buy something when I'm half-way through (we write all their details down on paper before entering it in, save some time). So yeah... I'm a much faster typer on a physical keyboard than the on-screen one.

Jolyon

HSC
Question: as a service supervisor, is it necessary for me to have a Citrix login, and an "Office" login? How long does it take them to make an account for this, because I still do not have a login for these things.

I've had to put mobile phone sales through the POS screens, and it takes ages, and most of the time a customer comes up wanting to buy something when I'm half-way through (we write all their details down on paper before entering it in, save some time). So yeah... I'm a much faster typer on a physical keyboard than the on-screen one.
Although they are not a requirement they are very useful for when someone secures in when they go home (happens alot) or other various reasons. As for citrix.. less important as all I ever do on them is credit card checks really.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I wouldn't want to supervise without an Office login, that is annoying, same goes for ISIS.
As for citrix, there is very little need. We, as a store, have one login which is just noted down on a bit of paper.

Keep pestering your higher authorities to get a login for these.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Training for the new Self Serve system that has been mentioned is now available on the allyours e-learning system. Looks Fantastic!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Training for the new Self Serve system that has been mentioned is now available on the allyours e-learning system. Looks Fantastic!
You're right too! It looks quite awesome actually. Also, Project Evolution is also featured in ELearning for those wishing to see the new phones/cordless phones and what not. Cisco!! :D

nanakid12

HSC
You're right too! It looks quite awesome actually. Also, Project Evolution is also featured in ELearning for those wishing to see the new phones/cordless phones and what not. Cisco!! :D
Oh cool! I've been checking this out just now, and i noticed it says you can dial *01 to answer a line one phone call on the cordless handset. Anyone wouldn't be able to know if you can do this now, would you?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hmm maybe, but I doubt it. Those stores that have received the new phones, they should check to see if it's all connected and stuff. Also, you would probably notice the internal network (storenet etc) loading a lot quicker too..
If not, my guess would be very soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)