The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
5 days without a post? Time to bring this back to life!

So what do people think about transferring between stores? I want to get some full-time work at woolies as a supervisor for a month or so (maybe) next year, but my store can't offer me full-time because of the sales, etc. So is it possible to work some hours between 2 stores? I thought that'd be pretty cool, but then it's a whole new team to meet and all, and possibly 1000 times busier than my current store. I don't even know whether they'd let me be a supervisor...

How does supervision compare to SCO?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
5 days without a post? Time to bring this back to life!

So what do people think about transferring between stores? I want to get some full-time work at woolies as a supervisor for a month or so (maybe) next year, but my store can't offer me full-time because of the sales, etc. So is it possible to work some hours between 2 stores? I thought that'd be pretty cool, but then it's a whole new team to meet and all, and possibly 1000 times busier than my current store. I don't even know whether they'd let me be a supervisor...

How does supervision compare to SCO?
I am fairly sure you can work in two store as long as it is okay with your managers. I cannot see a problem with it

nanakid12

HSC
I like how you can just search through the entire list of employees for the company... haha
What store u at iMathew, I can find ya? Jks.

But is that what you were talking about?

britto89

HSC
Yeah, not very good if you ask me.
My store? hahaha. ;)
Yeah, that scared me when i first noticed a month or so ago. AllYours has some pretty serious security holes at the moment. Hopefully they get fixed in the not to distant future.

In reference to the whole two stores thing i have worked shifts at two stores in the one week. You just have to have good office girls who fix it all up and make it all magical.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Is it bad that I searched up some CMS operators?

Me: Woolworths xxx, mat speaking
CMS: Hi it's xxx from CMS, can I speak to the duty manager please?
Me: OMG HI xxx! :D :D
CMS: .....

britto89

HSC
Is it bad that I searched up some CMS operators?
A summary of most of my interactions with CMS.

Me: Woolworths XXX, Matt speaking
CMS: Hi it's XXX from CMS. The back dock rollerdoor alarm has just gone off.
Me: That would be me forgetting to turn the alarm off first. I'll go fix that.
CMS: Full name please
Me: XXX, ok bye.
CMS: Bye.

or

Me: Woolworths XXX, Matt speaking
CMS: Hi it's XXX from CMS. You guys have a fridge alarm.
Me: REALLY!!! With all the alarm panels beeping and flashing red lights i was too distracted and didn't notice
CMS: You need to log a call to ASG.
Me: I have, i'm waiting on a contractor/contractor is already here.
CMS: Oh OK, full name please.
Me: XXX, ok bye.
CMS: Bye.

Jolyon

HSC
Anyone know how to do a Pase III induction? I am apparently the only on in that day who has a somewhat head on me that can do it

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Anyone know how to do a Pase III induction? I am apparently the only on in that day who has a somewhat head on me that can do it
There is a manual and TCR's on storenet. Dead easy, just follow the steps in the book, read it first though, its a good idea to have the paperwork ready beforehand.

quake

HSC
N/A
Man, pricing is so full of little details to remember. I'm going to have to do everything five times before I'm confident at it, and then there's various alerts and maintenance rejection problems which will only come up every so often, which I feel like I'll always be hopeless at.

Luckily I managed to get non-promotional maintenance done in what I thought was a pretty small time-frame... perishables slowed me down though. 200 tickets to be changed! I nearly fell over when I was told it can sometimes be as high as 500.

Today we had problems with a free recipe book customers were supposed to get when they bought two tubs of margarine; we never got it fixed. It just didn't scan at all. Ours was the only store affected; the woman training me had a hell of a time trying to convince someone from head office that it wasn't our problem. Hope that doesn't happen a lot!

Tomorrow I do weights & measures - anyone have any tips?

britto89

HSC
Man, pricing is so full of little details to remember. I'm going to have to do everything five times before I'm confident at it, and then there's various alerts and maintenance rejection problems which will only come up every so often, which I feel like I'll always be hopeless at.

Luckily I managed to get non-promotional maintenance done in what I thought was a pretty small time-frame... perishables slowed me down though. 200 tickets to be changed! I nearly fell over when I was told it can sometimes be as high as 500.

Today we had problems with a free recipe book customers were supposed to get when they bought two tubs of margarine; we never got it fixed. It just didn't scan at all. Ours was the only store affected; the woman training me had a hell of a time trying to convince someone from head office that it wasn't our problem. Hope that doesn't happen a lot!

Tomorrow I do weights & measures - anyone have any tips?
You wait until the 6 monthly liquor price update due to increased liquor tax, you'd have more than 500 i'm pretty sure. As for the recipe book thing by the sounds of it the something had gone wrong with the setup of the Offer in Office. Something must have went wrong with the download if it was just your store.

nanakid12

HSC
Wooo who's looking forward to Xmas??

Also haha I have never encountered a call from CMS thanks god haha. I NEARLY pressed the big red button under the service desk with me knee the other day ( I thought I did for a bit) but no one called up or anything so all was good :D

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
Big W? I reckon that'd be alright... or Dick Smith. I'm pretty technological (though I pretend like im not haha)

So wat division is you transferring to? And what's it like at Big W, powlmao? :)

nanakid12

HSC
Ah yeah nice! I might do that one day... or try and work at both DSE and Woolies, cause I do like woolies ;)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Big W? I reckon that'd be alright... or Dick Smith. I'm pretty technological (though I pretend like im not haha)

So wat division is you transferring to? And what's it like at Big W, powlmao? :)
Well I am 16 so I only do checkouts, nightfill and customer service (floor)

Only reason I do three roles is because my managers love me lol

Big w is really good, all my managers are so nice and everyone is quite fun to be around. I don't think the roles differ much to woolworths besides the products

Overall it is a great place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)