The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

nanakid12

HSC
Do they have the movie published online? If so... LINK ME HUMBLE PEASANT!! Or, fantastic Big W clerk, whatever works.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Do they have the movie published online? If so... LINK ME HUMBLE PEASANT!! Or, fantastic Big W clerk, whatever works.
Not yet.

It should appear on the All yours website soon enough. I remember ACA did one before and it was on the all yours website

nanakid12

HSC
I will keep my eyes peeled.

Have yous had any ads filmed at your stores? We had two- back in 2008, the first one was the one with the little kid filling up a bucket of water at the start (thats all I remember). They filmed a bit where he's like "Mum, I've got avacados" in the shop is at our store. The second one was with the little girl, she goes up to the meat department and presses the button to call for service and asks for so and so kilos of lamb shanks. The meat guy walks away to get it, then the girl presses it again and is like "Please?"

Good times.

powlmao

Banned
HSC

Have yous had any ads filmed at your stores? We had two- back in 2008, the first one was the one with the little kid filling up a bucket of water at the start (thats all I remember). They filmed a bit where he's like "Mum, I've got avacados" in the shop is at our store. The second one was with the little girl, she goes up to the meat department and presses the button to call for service and asks for so and so kilos of lamb shanks. The meat guy walks away to get it, then the girl presses it again and is like "Please?"

Good times.
I was wandering why Julia Coates (Big W CEO) came to our store on Monday, i must try to get on a add.

They filmed the last add for Big W ( The one will people singing in a microphone and such) at top ryde. I could of been in that but was working

E

Effekt

Good times.
Those were the days but modern times suggest it's merely a recycle of the commericals already published by Coles. I mean talk about pathetic, if you have to copy someone else then you've already made a fool of the company. This comes as no surprise from what i see of people in the regional office they are nothing but illiterate morons craving only food and cigarettes (dirty). You people should be thanking your lucky stars you don't work in a big store being the only current Woolworths and busy non-stop. Ah the things i would do to be placed in the cash office.. Oh wait that's not going to happen i've already had to see the manager several times because i was 5 minutes late back from my break ahh i guess that's what happens when a dirty blonde slut tries to sexually arouse even the store manager.

/endrage

nanakid12

HSC
I was wandering why Julia Coates (Big W CEO) came to our store on Monday, i must try to get on a add.

They filmed the last add for Big W ( The one will people singing in a microphone and such) at top ryde. I could of been in that but was working
Is Top Ryde your store? Cool, I'll look out for you! But we never seem to get Big W ads up here in QLD anymore for whatever reason. Wrist-slitting ensues...

Those were the days but modern times suggest it's merely a recycle of the commericals already published by Coles. I mean talk about pathetic, if you have to copy someone else then you've already made a fool of the company. This comes as no surprise from what i see of people in the regional office they are nothing but illiterate morons craving only food and cigarettes (dirty). You people should be thanking your lucky stars you don't work in a big store being the only current Woolworths and busy non-stop. Ah the things i would do to be placed in the cash office.. Oh wait that's not going to happen i've already had to see the manager several times because i was 5 minutes late back from my break ahh i guess that's what happens when a dirty blonde slut tries to sexually arouse even the store manager.

/endrage
I am so not quoting that picture ;) anyway, its good that they've moved onto the "Thats my Woolies!" campaign. The "Down & Staying Down" ads really were too similar.

Dude, is your store manager cool? Will he/she approve a transfer to this new store that is being built in your area? I would say go for it by the way (I did start writing a post before for ya about this, but obviously forgot to press "POST") especially if you have a few years experience already. Do you do any supervision or anything, or just cashier work? I would totally be into liquor and all if QLD allowed us to have it. Though I bet the liquor shop right next to our store is owned by Woolworths, just branded as something else to bypass their ridiculous laws.

Jolyon

HSC
Ahh okay fair enough then. Wow we have had 3 CSMs since 2007, and only 2 2ics since then as well. Have u been 2ic or anything?
I was 2IC for a little over a month just as relieve but then our old 2IC got transferred and we got a new one (since i never wanted to be it anyway). But being a 1.3 million dollar a week store we need a CSTM and a 2IC who can handle the stress and do the hours. That is why we go through them so fast. But what is good is we are one of those "concept stores" so our regional manager does not care about saving hours with our store so our current service manager goes a bit crazy sometimes with that power haha.

Last edited:

NNS7

HSC
N/A
I was 2IC for a little over a month just as relieve but then our old 2IC got transferred and we got a new one (since i never wanted to be it anyway). But being a 1.3 million dollar a week store we need a CSTM and a 2IC who can handle the stress and do the hours. That is why we go through them so fast. But what is good is we are one of those "concept stores" so our regional manager does not care about saving hours with our store so our current service manager goes a bit crazy sometimes with that power haha.
Your store sounds very similar to my store.

E

Effekt

Is Top Ryde your store? Cool, I'll look out for you! But we never seem to get Big W ads up here in QLD anymore for whatever reason. Wrist-slitting ensues...

I am so not quoting that picture ;) anyway, its good that they've moved onto the "Thats my Woolies!" campaign. The "Down & Staying Down" ads really were too similar.

Dude, is your store manager cool? Will he/she approve a transfer to this new store that is being built in your area? I would say go for it by the way (I did start writing a post before for ya about this, but obviously forgot to press "POST") especially if you have a few years experience already. Do you do any supervision or anything, or just cashier work? I would totally be into liquor and all if QLD allowed us to have it. Though I bet the liquor shop right next to our store is owned by Woolworths, just branded as something else to bypass their ridiculous laws.
No the manager is more or less i stand around and talk doing shit all just like the rest of the managers and yes i work on the shitty checkouts. I sometimes question who actually has the manager position the manager of checkouts is an old bitch who thinks it's the army, she will make the girls pull their hair back, get rid of colourful nails etc she tends to think she is the manager and with her bitchiness the real managers don't have the guts to put her in her place she is VERY intimidating when she wants you to work back she will say 'i need you to stay back until 9' for example then she will ring your parents gotta love it when people make their own rules. It would be a dream to get away from her! LOL

bensneddon

HSC
Those were the days but modern times suggest it's merely a recycle of the commericals already published by Coles.
This is why Tjeerd Jegen (newly appointed Director of Supermarkets and Petrol) and Elizabeth Ryley (newly appointed GM of Marketing for Supermarkets) are currently conducting a review of our advertising a research agencies.

_be

HSC
This is why Tjeerd Jegen (newly appointed Director of Supermarkets and Petrol) and Elizabeth Ryley (newly appointed GM of Marketing for Supermarkets) are currently conducting a review of our advertising a research agencies.
Ha, as they bloody well should! Some of our more recent ads have been bloody ridiculous..

Jolyon

HSC
Ahh I remember that morning we had to pull down every advertising material. Awful. But come to think of it we had at least 4 or 5 different add campaigns displayed :/

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC

No, my store is macquarie centre.

nanakid12

HSC
Hey isn't macquarie centre townie's old Woolworths store? Damn i wish I could somehow @townie so he would know I posted this... unless he's constantly watching this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)