The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

quick90

HSC
I just want them to play the Mariah Carey christmas album, At christmas! Is that too much to ask?

nanakid12

HSC
IIRC, he worked at Boronia Park Metro
That's right, he must have closed over at Macquarie Centre one day though. I remember reading about it.

I just want them to play the Mariah Carey christmas album, At christmas! Is that too much to ask?
Have you asked them? Try "Woolworths the fresh food people" on Facebook, and ask there. That's their direct marketing thingy.

nanakid12

HSC
What a day today. Took over supervising for two hours on the frontend for the in-charge sup's lunch break, and cause she had to go to another department.

Of course, as soon as I was left in charge, it starts to get manically busy, but managed to get through it after 15 minutes. One of the operators put through a transaction as cash instead of EFTPOS, without realizing it. Oh yeah, common mistake, no biggy. Found out it was to go on credit, did a Tender Swap. I put in the INCORRECT amount 287.05 -> CASH, but saw on the receipt that it was supposed to be 287.06. So I then put in the CORRECT amount 287.06 -> EFT which came up "NO CASHOUT ON CREDIT" when she swiped her card. I had NFI what to do, so I got someone else to open another checkout, leaving the operator to awkwardly stand by his register with this customer who was a bit annoyed at me (I think) as I went and called the CSM at home (cause the Incharge supervisor had left the store) and she said she'd come in to fix it. Ten minutes later, the CSM arrives and tells me that I should have left it at 287.05, because it thought the lady wanted $0.01 cashout. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is so not funny.

Anyway so she left, and then within the timespace of about 1 hour, this operator managed to bugger up 2 more transactions, though being the newly trained expert at Tender Swaps, I fixed them all up. The operator said he SWEARS he pushed EFT but it still went through as CASH? He said he did it VERY SLOWLY (and he is a trustworthy kid, no doubt about it) so I dunno what was happening. Any ideas?

Also, managed to have yet another broken rug cleaner returned today. And my first "NO RECEIPT" refund on a returns card. And trying to stop an old man shop lifting, and turning away to avoid eye contact whenever he turned around to look at me then turning back to look at him while trying to hand signal to the other operators "Hey come over and watch this guy while I go and call Service 100" and in return, receiving blank stares of confusion.

Though, I must say... twas a good day :)

Last edited:

_be

HSC
Anyway so she left, and then within the timespace of about 1 hour, this operator managed to bugger up 2 more transactions, though being the newly trained expert at Tender Swaps, I fixed them all up. The operator said he SWEARS he pushed EFT but it still went through as CASH? He said he did it VERY SLOWLY (and he is a trustworthy kid, no doubt about it) so I dunno what was happening. Any ideas?
Was the screen responding fine to using other menus? Some model registers have the ability to have their screens re-calibrated by the Service Desk.

Jolyon

HSC
What a day today. Took over supervising for two hours on the frontend for the in-charge sup's lunch break, and cause she had to go to another department.

Of course, as soon as I was left in charge, it starts to get manically busy, but managed to get through it after 15 minutes. One of the operators put through a transaction as cash instead of EFTPOS, without realizing it. Oh yeah, common mistake, no biggy. Found out it was to go on credit, did a Tender Swap. I put in the INCORRECT amount 287.05 -> CASH, but saw on the receipt that it was supposed to be 287.06. So I then put in the CORRECT amount 287.06 -> EFT which came up "NO CASHOUT ON CREDIT" when she swiped her card. I had NFI what to do, so I got someone else to open another checkout, leaving the operator to awkwardly stand by his register with this customer who was a bit annoyed at me (I think) as I went and called the CSM at home (cause the Incharge supervisor had left the store) and she said she'd come in to fix it. Ten minutes later, the CSM arrives and tells me that I should have left it at 287.05, because it thought the lady wanted $0.01 cashout. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is so not funny.

Also, managed to have yet another broken rug cleaner returned today. And my first "NO RECEIPT" refund on a returns card. And trying to stop an old man shop lifting, and turning away to avoid eye contact whenever he turned around to look at me then turning back to look at him while trying to hand signal to the other operators "Hey come over and watch this guy while I go and call Service 100" and in return, receiving blank stares of confusion.

Though, I must say... twas a good day :)
Ouch, my day was pretty good. Me and the CSM spent most of the day standing around bitching about customers and people we do not like. We never really got to busy and only had 7 operators on full lanes all day with the others doing jobs and express when needed. I like my weekends with the CSM =D

spilla2003

HSC
The operator said he SWEARS he pushed EFT but it still went through as CASH? He said he did it VERY SLOWLY (and he is a trustworthy kid, no doubt about it) so I dunno what was happening. Any ideas?
I only do express alerts, but this has happened to me at least 3 times. Each time was a different store/register, so I dunno what was going on.

I swear the service manager thinks I'm fucking crazy...

But hey, at least I'm storeman now, so no won't have to deal with retard customers anymore! :)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I only do express alerts, but this has happened to me at least 3 times. Each time was a different store/register, so I dunno what was going on.

I swear the service manager thinks I'm fucking crazy...

But hey, at least I'm storeman now, so no won't have to deal with retard customers anymore! :)

I have only done this once, it was when i did my first register shift. Honestly I said it was my fault and really i could say i pressed EFTPOS because I don't want to lie. My manager didn't mind and she said it happens.

nanakid12

HSC
Massive day nanakid
Haha it felt like it, though I could just be making it harder than it has to be (usually what I do). :)

Was the screen responding fine to using other menus? Some model registers have the ability to have their screens re-calibrated by the Service Desk.
Hmm, okay I'll keep this in mind. Cheers.

Ouch, my day was pretty good. Me and the CSM spent most of the day standing around bitching about customers and people we do not like. We never really got to busy and only had 7 operators on full lanes all day with the others doing jobs and express when needed. I like my weekends with the CSM =D
So jealous...

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I've never had that issue with WOWPOS, and I do it so quickly that i've already pre-pressed all the buttons before it's even gone into tender mode lolol. You can call IT and get them to run a recalibration. They will log out of the store user, log into IT support and run the calib app. Bear in mind that you'll need to be present at the register to actually run the calibration, they will wait whilst you do it, and will fix it all up once it's done.

Also, nannakid, what did he steal? Did you call a service 100 over a minor theft? lol

nanakid12

HSC
I dunno if he stole anything or not. But he did walk in, look at the other staff with shifty-eyes, stop a few times to look at me, and leave with absolutely nothing after he ducked down one of the aisles. I was gunna call a Service 100 for a minor thing, just to make him feel unsettled :D

Also, I'll ask the operator how it went at school tomorrow. Yeah I do that too, I always automatically go through the buttons before they're pressed. I often press the "YES" button automatically for the "Do you require a receipt?" screen so that is pretty pointless to me. On an unrelated note, are we supposed to ask if people want a rewards card? We have all these signs over the registers "CUSTOMER DONT HAVE REWARD CARD? ASK IF THEY WANT ONE" (I never do)

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yeah i wouldn't generally call a 100 unless it was an emergency or some sort of serious situation, don't think i've ever called one for a theft. What happens is, service 100's lose their effectiveness and staff will stop attending because they'll think it's just somebody pocketing some batteries or something. In theory, 100's should be a thing where all staff just drop whatever they're doing and head to the place they're required, but in reality, nobody cares and it's sad actually.

I've called a 100 once during the day, about 5 of the store managers barged out and bolted, all the customers were like "O.O what's going on?!?" hahaha.
No way do I ask if people want a rewards card, I don't know anybody who does. I don't even think a $2 per hour pay increase would justify the level of work and effort required to do that..
I do, however, believe it is a part of our mode of sale (which is a mystery shopper requirement), but then again, I've got 100% and never asked, so..... (also, it says nothing on the mystery shopper questionnaire i've seen)

Jolyon

HSC
Does anyone elses CSTM do ridiculous hours? I suppose being a busy Sydney store ours is expected to. Ours usually does 6am-6pm daily with about a half hour break. I would be curious to hear what the smaller stores managers do?

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Does anyone elses CSTM do ridiculous hours? I suppose being a busy Sydney store ours is expected to. Ours usually does 6am-6pm daily with about a half hour break. I would be curious to hear what the smaller stores managers do?
Our CSM does. Most days she does 7am til about 7-7.30pm(sometimes later),and on Thursdays she does 7am til 9.30pm.Although she normally takes all her breaks(even if we doesn't go for the full length).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)