The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
Lol you are already in, you have the job. There isn't really anythign to pass in the induction, it's just an introductory formality.

Welcome to Woolworths! Your employement will commence on the date of your induction.
oh, well that's great then. I still think i could stuff things up on the job though.

Jolyon

HSC
Stuffing up your induction is like forgetting how to sit
I use to do the inductions in my area group before my CSM put a stop to it (she said the HR girls were being lazy getting me to do it) and if there was something majorly wrong with someone I would just think "there manager can deal with it and choose if they care or not"

I hated doing inductions so much

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I use to do the inductions in my area group before my CSM put a stop to it (she said the HR girls were being lazy getting me to do it) and if there was something majorly wrong with someone I would just think "there manager can deal with it and choose if they care or not"

I hated doing inductions so much
Not uncommon. When I first started, the group interview and induction were held at this one store (nearby to me thankfully). HR ran the interview and the service 2IC from this particulae store ran the induction.
Another 2IC from a nearby store ran the department specific training too (and that still happens)

_be

HSC
So, my 2iC keeps giving me shifts way after the roster has been put up on the wall, and not telling me about them - obviously making me look bad to the poor supervisor who I tell I'm not coming in when they ring me because I'm already somewhere else.
Example, I "apparently" have a shift today 12:30 - 17:30 - yet I have a copy of online rosters from Wednesday showing that I didn't have a shift today.

What to do?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
It's not your fault. Online rosters are an official rostering service provided to employees. This is the equilivant to the in-store roster not telling you that you had a shift.
If the online roster doesn't say it, it's not your fault.

Speak to yoru CSM, if nothing changes, just go higher up (Assist SM and even SM)

HSC
So i have to fill out an online form as part of the induction, but i can't login to the website with the login info they provided me. Should i call up woolworths HR department?

BSammy

HSC
So, my 2iC keeps giving me shifts way after the roster has been put up on the wall, and not telling me about them - obviously making me look bad to the poor supervisor who I tell I'm not coming in when they ring me because I'm already somewhere else.
Example, I "apparently" have a shift today 12:30 - 17:30 - yet I have a copy of online rosters from Wednesday showing that I didn't have a shift today.

What to do?
quote from allyours website
"Any late adhoc roster changes in This Week (Week 1) will not be published online. In the event that changes are made to the roster, you will be contacted by your Manager via normal communication channels eg. phone call, SMS etc."

quote from national agreement
"2.7.6 Start times may be changed , if contact is made, prior to the employee's arrival
for work. Where the labour schedule is changed after the schedule has been
posted on the noticeboard, the Company will notify the em'ployee of such
changes . Notification will include contacting the employee by telephone or
other electronic medium and leaving a message. "
That part is taken from the section on casual employees, but i can guarantee if you're not notified by them, neither are the casual employees.

BSammy

HSC
I don't know if this is a bad thing
but I've just drank half a bottle of gin, an then posted a thing on the HR blog of our workplaces website

It was all in sorta professional language, just wanting clarification on some aspects of the national agreement.

Jolyon

HSC
Not uncommon. When I first started, the group interview and induction were held at this one store (nearby to me thankfully). HR ran the interview and the service 2IC from this particulae store ran the induction.
Another 2IC from a nearby store ran the department specific training too (and that still happens)
I know it is quite common, although it did end up being quite a breezy day but just very repetitive. If you ever had your induction done in the past two years in the Sydney East area by someone who took no shit and was obsessed with having black socks on. Then it may have been me lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)